Motherwell Vs Accies Match Thread 19/02/11

gdalli10

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I could make out Accies had an extra man in midfield and we struggled a bit in the opening period but after that we got into a groove and felt we played some excellent passing football and could have scored 1 or 2 more in the first half.

Second half we switched off a bit but seemed comfortable until the game became stretched in the final 10 minutes or so.

A narrow victory but a deserved one.

A couple things niggle at me, once again we seemed to sit back in the closing stages something that has happened a few times under McCall and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with us playing that deep. Secondly, we required a penalty to get a goal. But other than that the last four times I've seen us play we've been the better side so I'm relatively happy at the moment.

We made quite heavy weather of it but it was a well deserved win. Even the poison dwarf conceded as much after the game.

As Ya Bezzer says it took a little time for us to build some momentum but when we did we were fully in control as the first half wore on. Pleasing to see the same patient passing play that was present in Aberdeen in evidence once again - and that for the most part the team were allowed to do so without pressure to hoof it coming from the stands.

Looked a fairly clear penalty so not sure what the dwarf saw when pretty much everyone else saw it as being clear-cut and nice to see us finally beating that bugger Cerny with a spot-kick after his previous saves. Another spot of "exercising" :thumbup: done....

Second half we never really got into our stride yet still have several opportunities to make it a whole lot more pleasing on the eye, particularly towards the end of the game. Could have been different if McCalister had done better with his free-header early on in the half but for all their huffing and puffing I don't actually recollect Randy having much to do at all.

Tricky fixture, pretty well negotiated and the garden looks a lot more rosy than it did at this time last Saturday that's for sure!