Motherwell Vs Accies Match Thread 19/02/11

gdalli10

A couple things niggle at me, once again we seemed to sit back in the closing stages something that has happened a few times under McCall and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with us playing that deep.

Right hawd on, we endured 12 months of that under bawbag broon!

Deserved the 3 points, Hamilton are a poor lot and will go down. Gunning was brilliant down the left hand side and Forbes was good. Definite penalty too and well taken by big Sutty!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy days

can I just add the Chick Young is a wank, I gave up listening to the game on the radio due to his over the top and mainly inaccurate coverage on open all mikes

He's a tabloid hack and fuck all else

Thrills and spills end to end attacking and marvellous passing movements from both teams.....Yes folks a lanarkshire derby is NOTHING LIKE THAT! But hey a win nonetheless on a rice pudding playing surface we did just about enough to win but i just hope we finish top6 if nothing more than NEVER having to play them again, every time it's CRAP! Hopefully after they go down we wont see them again for a while. We won today by just about the most stupid penalty ever.. :thumbup: . A harmless through ball to their keeper and their centre-half pulls Sutton back about 3 feet?? :lol: . Thought we improved a wee bit once Hammell and Humpries came on and could've got a 2nd. Good job there so bad up front and if our goals were 10 feet high they'd've beat us 7-1. :lol: Anyway with Killie and Dundee Utd getting beat a good day all round for us. ;) .

Glad to get the 3 points today, deserved the win and should have won by more, Was pleased to see ross forbes have a good game, when he does things simple then he looks good. Jeffers looks sharp and made good runs, hopefully become a good player when fully fit, after all he is worth 8 million,but gunning impressed me the most the day, full of energy, good crosser and is good in the air, our best player by far the day, anyway another 3 points midweek and we will be looking the passports back out ha

Hamilton are truly truly awful, no wonder they're bottom of the league - cheats and hackers never prosper.

Thought we almost completely dominated the game from start to finish today, however still believe we need to sharpen up in the box. McCall seems to be favouring using Humphrey as an impact player these last few games.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm starting to side with some of the other posters on this forum RE: Craigan. His form this season has, let's put it mildly, been way below par. His 'every so often' mistakes that we all know him for are becoming far too frequent, and i think it may possibly be down to the fact that now Reynolds is no longer there then no one is clearing up after him? I'm still 100% behind the captain, but I do think he needs to improve for him to remain first team next season.

Forbes - night and day since I last saw him play. Seems to be putting more effort in which is what we've all lambasted him for in the past. If only the boy had a wee bit of pace :lol: some good deliveries from set pieces today.

Las & Jenno - thought they both had off games today. Although perhaps just playing to the standard they were up against and/or the conditions.

Enjoying watching Gunning so far, seems a decent young player and his workrate and determination are to be admired.

Jeffers. Glimpses of decent stuff today, another goal or two and he'll hopefully have his confidence sky rocket. But, I'm still not a fan of playing Murphy wide to compensate for Jeffers. We looked far more dangerous after Muprhy had moved forward and Humphrey come onto the right today.

Hutchinson, still continuing to impress. Very pleased to see him doing well at the moment.

Overall, I'd say we won the game at a canter, but we made lives difficult for ourselves.

Seems Mr Reid disagrees somwehat with the penalty. Yer an erse............

Hamilton manager Billy Reid accused John Sutton of "conning" referee Crawford Allan after the striker's penalty earned Motherwell three points at Fir Park.

Sutton appeared to be pulled down by Hamilton defender Martin Canning as the pair challenged for Keith Lasley's cross just inside the box. The English striker duly sent Tomas Cerny the wrong way from the spot to claim the only goal of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League game in the 36th minute.

But the Accies manager felt there was little in Canning's challenge and hit out after watching footage of the incident.

"I was disappointed with the penalty decision, I think it was soft," Reid said. "I think it happens all the time in the box. There was minimal contact, I think Sutton has thrown himself to the ground and I think the referee has been conned."

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall disagreed with Reid's assessment.

"I should have had another look before I came out but my first view is Sutton had rolled him and he pulled him to the ground," McCall said. We lost one up at St Johnstone, and I can imagine Billy being upset losing 1-0 to a penalty which they probably see as soft. When it happened, I thought `penalty'."

I've not spoken to or read a post on any other website from an Accies fan endorsing Reid's view. Think he is using it purely for deflection on another poor result.

My view on today's match was that we were the dominant force. On the whole we played well but we didn't create enough chances for the territory and possession we had and additionally the vast majority of the ones we did make went over or wide. Cerny made one save that was excellent and a couple that were straightforward but was never overworked. If Humphrey had scored that thing near the end would have been one of the goals of the season but again the chance was ballooned.

I usually find Crawford Allan a frustration of a ref but actually thought he was pretty good today - tried to play advantage, only used the card when he had to, got the penalty right, didn't have his usual love affair of the whistle. He may have missed a couple of fouls but would rather he did that than make some up like he usually does especially against a team who would just slow it down at every opportunity.

A pretty fair summing up Gaag. Despite Accies being poor playing 11 men behind the ball made it very difficult for us. True we lacked a killer instinct in front of goal. Jeffers really impressed me with his speed of thought and movement off the ball. Looking forward to when he's match fit. Defence were solid with Gunning and Hutchinson outstanding. Randolph had little to do. Agree that Stephen Craigan is now struggling a bit though.

Midfield was ok but the shape wasn't quite right and it lacked a bit of inventiveness and pace. I never quite see what others do in Keith Lasley but will defend him today. OK he wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. Wee bit disappointed in Ross Forbes after glowing reports from Pittodrie - he was ok but didn't show the vital creative spark I was hoping for. That said, he's played worse.

I thought we'd tire in the second half and so it proved.

Accies were a bit over robust and they took heart from an erratic and inconsistent referee who failed to take firm action early on.

Three good points ad that'll do me.

I usually find Crawford Allan a frustration of a ref but actually thought he was pretty good today - tried to play advantage, only used the card when he had to, got the penalty right, didn't have his usual love affair of the whistle. He may have missed a couple of fouls but would rather he did that than make some up like he usually does especially against a team who would just slow it down at every opportunity.

Not sure about that Tweed. Yes, I don't like overly fussy refs but really think he failed to take firm action. If he had done it might well have opened the game up more. It was outrageous that it took him until the 80th minute to book Skelton who committed at least 8 fouls in the game. Had he fired a warning shot across the player's bows midway through the first 45 with a yellow it might have encouraged a more open game. Ludicrous too that Paixao was not red carded. He made a horrific 2 footed lunge over the ball on Gunning which luckily did not connect and only received a warning. That wasn't sufficient as he then made another bad challenge for which he was booked.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win yesterday, the only drawback being we didn't kill the game off by scoring at least one more. Accies as usual tried to waste the game with a series of petty fouls and blatant thuggery, and although Crawford Allan was generally okay I felt he was lenient on some Accies players.

Skelton went though Murph on more than one occasion and should've been off, and the same could be said for Paixao who dived, moaned and fouled his way through the game. Despite Reid's accusations it WAS a nalty and some refs might even have showed a red card.

Good defensive display all round, and despite a late mis-kick Hutch was superb. Here's to another 3 points on Wednesday!"

Skelton went though Murph on more than one occasion and should've been off, and the same could be said for Paixao who dived, moaned and fouled his way through the game. Despite Reid's accusations it WAS a nalty and some refs might even have showed a red card.

That's twice in succession Canning has given away a penalty and somehow escaped a red. He's a complete thug and really shoud be married to Ross Tokely, clearly the perfect partnership there.

That's twice in succession Canning has given away a penalty and somehow escaped a red. He's a complete thug and really shoud be married to Ross Tokely, clearly the perfect partnership there.

I wouldn't fancy being a policeman called to sort out a "domestic" in that household. :lol:

Aye, Reid's complaining was just sour grapes I think, and not only does he not think it was a penalty, he also accuses Sutton of diving;

"I don't think it was a penalty," said Reid. "That happens in the box in every game and there's nothing given.

"Sutton's spun in the box and there's slight contact and he's thrown himself down. The referee's been conned."

Happy to take the penalty obviously! But this...

"Sutton's spun in the box and there's slight contact and he's thrown himself down"

...is absolutely bang on! Canning has obviously gifted him the chance to win the penalty...and given that its in our favour thats fine by me, but you're havin an absolute laugh if you think the contact between them was what sent Sutton down! :nod: