2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Glad to see Hutchinson sign on again with the club. He's obviously impressed with the plans McCall has for taking the club forward.

I don't take any account of anything you write on here since reading your drivel around the time of the Celtic Remembrance Day protest.

:cry:

Hereford Utd striker Stuart Fleetwood and his agent negotiating with 2 or 3 SPL clubs including Motherwell. Allegedly.

Strikes me as a possible Skippy type signing. Seems to have been a player that's caught the eye of bigger clubs over the years but not filled his potential yet.

Good deal getting Hutchy fixed up but he still has a long way to develop.

If you put his two half seasons together and contrast with say, Reynolds first full season I honestly think Reynolds, over that period looked the more accomplished.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Hutchinson might not get any better than he already is at the moment or might not make the big strides expected of him.

But I'm glad he's signed on without getting over excited about million pound cheques flying in from here, there and everywhere a year or two down the line.

Hutchison has far more potential than Reynolds ever had to list a few

1.Aggression needed to be a centre half Reynolds was bullied far too often

2.A goalscoring threat from set pieces How many did Reynolds score?

Hutchison has far more potential than Reynolds ever had to list a few

1.Aggression needed to be a centre half Reynolds was bullied far too often

2.A goalscoring threat from set pieces How many did Reynolds score?

Aggression? I don't think its necessarily a good thing for a defender although it depends on what exactly you mean by aggression. But in my opinion most really class defenders aren't aggressive in the sense that they do not run about steaming into challenges and tackles. They read the game, they get their positional sense and timing in the tackle correct and they don't give away free kicks and bookings. That's something Reynold did very well in his first season which was probably his best at the club, although he didn't take it forward and in fact went backwards.

Goalscoring? Hutchy scored a few in his first season but I think he and Reynolds both scored one each last season unless I've remembered that wrong. There was a time when Craigan got 3 goals a season, I think defenders just have seasons when they get a few and then they don't.

• Like 1

Hereford Utd striker Stuart Fleetwood and his agent negotiating with 2 or 3 SPL clubs including Motherwell. Allegedly.

He tweeted me back thus...."News to me bro! Don't think I'm cut out 4 Scottish winters!"

Hughes , Patterson , Higdon , Obrien. Do the club do refunds on season tickets. :doh:

On the basis of internet rumours? A mate told me he has a friend close to the club who said they will give you a free Ferrari in exchange this season. Could be worth punt?

Lets just hope they remain rumours.

Based on prior years' rumours on here, I think it's a safe bet. Otherwise we'd have been lining up with Porter, Clarkson and Pearson back in the team last season.

Even our confirmed 'signing' of Grella turned out to be just a rumour :P