2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Aye cause those four names are a lot worse than Casagolda, Jeffers, Ross and Charalabous? Not seen much of Paterson since he left us so I'd decline to comment there, but would definitely take the other three!

Aye cause those four names are a lot worse than Casagolda, Jeffers, Ross and Charalabous? Not seen much of Paterson since he left us so I'd decline to comment there, but would definitely take the other three!

Ssshhh Joe don't be reasonable now. It spoils the fun.

P.s agree 100% big fella.

I'd agree with that. Don't think I'd take Paterson back, but definitely Hughes and O'Brien - if anyone thinks a team like Motherwell are going to get a higher standard of player than those two on free transfers, they're mental and/or stupid.

And as for Michael Higdon - an outstanding signing for us if it were to come off.

• Like 1

Get Higdon signed up now!! good striker and never gives up always desperate to get goals ideal replacement for John Who ??? Hope he's as Lazy a striker for Jambo's as he was for us, never really worked for his goals.

Well done Shaun on signing up for more roller coaster rides with the Well. thumbup.gif

Randolf is going no where i was told.yahoo.gif

Edited by weewellman

The Daily Record says that Craigan and Jennings are EXPECTED to sign when they return from holiday. That sounds promising. Although after Craig Brown I won't be 100% sure till it's in writing!

Think Higdon would be a fantastic signing, said that as he signed for St. Mirren aswell. Although, I think St. Mirren have done well to replace him with Steven Thompson.

I see the Pars have signed Partick's left back Patrick Boyle, who i seem to remember McGhee wanted to sign for us in his second season from Dumbarton. 3rd division to SPL in 2 and a half years is no bad

How long did it take Saunders? He came from Queens Park mind.

• Like 1

Just on the JO'B front I noticed a post on twitter by Hammell;

stevenhammell Steven Hammell @ @theboyobrien checked it out, loved it, need to get an unplugged session soon!! #wellnumber11nextseason

Well Number 11 next season? :evilgrin:

I think they might be on the wind-up though, doubt they would be allowed to post things like that if they had information, and like has been said he is still under contract down south and would be on more than we can pay now.

Hughes won't come back to well. He was barely interested in us the first time.

He's got talent but he is far too frustrating a player. Capable of so much more than he actually gives out.

I don't think I could go through it all again with Hughes playing a great pass every couple of weeks and not much else. Jennings isn't on the same planet technically but give me him every time over Hughes.

He's got talent but he is far too frustrating a player. Capable of so much more than he actually gives out.

I don't think I could go through it all again with Hughes playing a great pass every couple of weeks and not much else. Jennings isn't on the same planet technically but give me him every time over Hughes.

My thoughts exactly. He had a good first season but a poor second one in which he frequently went missing, especially in big games. He's played in the Championship twice now and hasn't cut it that level. Undoubtedly has talent but unable to to turn it on consistently. Playing very well once every 10 games or so doesn't justify a contract in my opinion.

It's well known Hughes did not enjoy playing in a midfield 2 with Lasley and that was the main reason we signed Bob Malcolm.

If we are playing a midfield 3 then I would give him a contract asthe creative player but in a midfield two his defensive duties somewhat lack.

Definately a talented player and would he make us better, probably. Can we afford to accommodate his talent is the big question.

he played for queens park amatuers in the scottish final against eddlewood before joining us so i don't think he was ever properly signed with the third division mob.

Even better, from amateur fitba' to the SPL, that trumps the other guy all ends up. :thumbup:

The MD at my work is a St.Mirren season ticket holder and he cannae stand Michael Higdon. I've asked him why a few times and his response is always the same, because he's a big, fat, lazy bastard!!

Personally I don't get it, he's bagging 14 or 15 goals a season for a team like St.Mirren and still getting it in the neck from their fans...you certainly wouldn't hear of that at Fir Park.

:ph34r:

The MD at my work is a St.Mirren season ticket holder and he cannae stand Michael Higdon. I've asked him why a few times and his response is always the same, because he's a big, fat, lazy bastard!!

Personally I don't get it, he's bagging 14 or 15 goals a season for a team like St.Mirren and still getting it in the neck from their fans...you certainly wouldn't hear of that at Fir Park.

:ph34r:

:lol:

Its mental innit. When was the last time St. Mirren had anyone that scored that many in a season? Although, in saying that, at the top of the page theres a boy talking about how lazy Sutton was. :doh: