Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic performance and result today. After Wednesday night's horror show i feared a right going over from them but delighted to be proved wrong.

The defence looked a lot more assured without Craigan there and lets hope it stays that way for the rest of the season. Gunning and Hutchinson should be the first choice central defence pairing from now on.

Mon the Well!!!

Craigan has been a great servant and generally undervalued in my opinion but well I dunno about rest of the season but on the back of today he certainly should be sitting on the bench next week and it is then up to the other guys to make the place their own.

Bit early to judge Gunning but so far I'm already thinking we might be lucky to have him beyond end of the season.

First chance I've had to see the general opinion on here, glad to see we're all happy tonight :lol:

First and foremost from me though ........ Fuckin' Yasssssss!!!!!

Can't believe we go from losing to St Midden midweek to beating Celtic easily in the sapce of days. Surely the squad must be subject to some random drug testing after that performance :lol: Night and day compared to the team that went out on Wednesday.

Randolph: Absolutely solid, he'll never have an easier day against that mob. Was solid any time the ball came his way and 3/4 amazing saves into the bargain.

Hateley: 1000x improvement over the empty shirt midweek. Kept it simple, didn't over complicate it and had a great game.

Hutchinson: This guy is fearless! Absolutely solid at the back, no wonder Randolph had it as easy B-)

Gunning: Did anybody else see him, numerous times, screaming to get folk to push out and pressure them etc. Didn't expect that from the Loanee. Guy'll should go far with an attitude like that. Solid and partnered Hutchy well, amazing considering a) they havent played beside each other before and b) they aren't exactly the 2 most experienced players ever. Fantastic stuff

Hammel: Back to his usual reliable self and kept it tight at the back. Similar to Hateley, kept it simple and had a great game.

Humphrey: Needs to learn to burst the net! The amount of times in the last few weeks he's found himself in those positions is unreal, need to start taking those chances. Put himself about well and was a constant problem. Had a smashing game, considering who he he was up against.

Jennings: Solid in the midfield yet again! Still feel he gets targeted by the ref, but thats probably just me. Broke up numerous Celtic moves and had the vison to pass the ball out of trouble.

Lasley: Ran himself into the ground, which is more impressive considering he came off midweek. Certainly wasnt expecting him to last the 90. Should never have been booked when he was but showed great composure and almost "self-control" to keep digging in while keeping himself out of further bother. Got the impression the ref was itching to send him packing. As far as the penalty, I don't really care, I'm happy to take anything we get :P

Forbes: Who was wearing 18 and WTF did we do with Ross Forbes? For not being blessed with pace, he covered a ridiculous amount of ground and put in his fair share of fantastic tackles. Easily the best game I've seen from Ross, more of the same'll do nicely! Played an absolute blinder, take a bow son!

Murphy: One of his better games recently, wasn't shoved off the ball as easily and had a bit more success with his dribbling. Done his job well out on the left and caused that big baldy mutant a few problems. Would've burst the net had Sutton not been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sutton: The big man was unbelieveable today. Won every ball that was played up to him and held it up, filcked it on, you name it, he done it. He was that good they were doubling up on him towards the end! As far as his 2 goals are concerned, if they can't win him a contract, what will? Couldnt have asked for a better start with him nipping in between the 2 numpties and slotting it into an empty net and it was some penalty!. No way on this earth was the keper saving that!

Absolutely fantastic result amd a totally unexpected but most welcome 3 points :lol:

I just cant get enough :D:lol:

Not that I buy the Daily Record, but Mr Hugh Keevins' report is a stoater.

"There's not point in mentioning the awful pitch because that would be the last resort of the disillusioned"

followed by

"Mulgrew hadn't made sufficient allowance for the grass-stared surface"

followed by

"Motherwell were skipping over the uneven mixture of grass and sand"

It never ceases to amaze me that this guy gets paid real money.