Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YASSSS! Where did THAT come from Motherwell? Amazing performance, and great feeling at 90 minutes!

Played them off the park at times, and although we were shakey at times everyone gave 100% and fought for the ball; its all about want sometimes!

Celtic looked stick on for the win with some decent players in their team but we matched them and then some, Sutty took his chances well (including the "offside" one that wouldve put us 2-0 up before half time) and won everything in the air. Some penalty as well btw.

FWIW I wouldnt change the first XI too soon, the back four looked solid and the midfield were fucking everywhere, Forbes had his best game in C&A in over a year. I'm not normally in favour of loan players getting a start over our own young players, but Craigan can stay on the sidelines. Gunning is stronger, quicker, taller and probably more aware of the game around him and should walk in to the first 11. Saunders should be ahead of Craigan at CB now as well.

All in all, great performance and a great win. Felt fantastic to get it up their fans, Neil Lennon and that twat of a ref. He was fuckin howling. MTW!

Craigan can stay on the sidelines. Gunning is stronger, quicker, taller and probably more aware of the game around him and should walk in to the first 11. Saunders should be ahead of Craigan at CB now as well'

Love these kinds of posts. Not having a go at Gunning or Hutchinson both very good today but Craigan has 350 'Well games under his belt (including about 15 clean sheets this season) and those 2 have 25.

Talk about picking and choosing.

Thanks.

I'm not being negative about today, all I am saying is that we want to see a few good performances against the teams round about us before the McCall fans start the told you so routine.

While I am being so negative I may as well continue. Keep Craigan out the team and give the young lads at the back a chance now. They deserve it. Gave Celtic nothing today.

:doh:

One day at a time sweet Jesus

That's all I'm asking from you.

Just give me the strength

To do everyday what I have to do.

Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus

And tomorrow may never be mine.

Lord help me today, show me the way

One day at a time.

:drinks:

Love these kinds of posts. Not having a go at Gunning or Hutchinson both very good today but Craigan has 350 'Well games under his belt (including about 15 clean sheets this season) and those 2 have 25.

Talk about picking and choosing.

Aye, but he's been a bombscare for ages, time to phase him out slowly. Today's performance is perfect springboard to try something new. The 2 games against Rangers stand out for me, Craigan's just about lost the plot. I like him, and I took his side in the Gannon thing but he can't be guaranteed a place in the side with recent performances.

as i said in the St mirren thread, "would it not be typical if Motherwell beat Celtic". Us oldies know the score, lows followed by highs, thats the Motherwell way. McCall and the player deserve credit for todays result. They've proved to themselves that they can compete, and hopefully this gives them confidence going into the next few games.

The question now is, does he change the defence for the next game?

Great performance today, we wanted it more and didn't let them control the game the way they have against almost every other team.Every player had a decent game or better, sutton was excellent and imo that was his best game for us.humphrey was frustrating as usual, kept getting into good positions and failed to find the final ball but still caused problems.the pitch was an advantage for a change, we played it much better than them and they just couldn't get going.hopefully we can play like that against utd and push killie for 4th.

That pitch looks even worse in that video. :drinks:

I know it's not really a day to be picking up on things like that but really, how on earth do we get away with that?

Look around the rest of the SPL. You'll see why. We aint the worst. Not much grass, but since when do you have to have a field of grass to play a game of football on it?