Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

That's quite a wild wild statement to be making - online forum or not mate. Wrong person reading that at this moment of time and they could kick up quite a shit fit about it.

Baring in mind the fact it's factually incorrect at this moment in time anaw........

Personally, couldn't really care less however i'm not everyone. It is a fairly wild statement to be making.

Just saying likes....

I've heard charges have been dropped and are just awaiting paperwork being made before it will be made public.

Thought we were there for the taking yesterday especially in the second half. Credit to Motherwell though for stopping the threat of conway and swanson.

Gunning was caught on the back of the leg so it's a foul. If he'd made more of it we might have been given it but sadly refs seem incapable of making their minds up unless the player exaggerates the foul. Too honest in rolling over then getting straight back up without claiming for it.

If only. He did at least two theatrical rolls more than necessary before realising he wasn't getting it. You can almost see the "oh crap" look on his face when he does decide he's going to have to get back up after all, but too late to stop the cross.

Saunders left his leg in for Goodwillie to fall over but he didn't touch him, cheating c**t dived. Should have been a booking.

Gunning was caught on the back of the leg so it's a foul. If he'd made more of it we might have been given it but sadly refs seem incapable of making their minds up unless the player exaggerates the foul. Too honest in rolling over then getting straight back up without claiming for it.

Exactly. I watched the Gunning incident several times last night and slowed right down, he was clearly caught on his right ankle which then connected with his left. Saunders withdrew his leg, and Goodwillie was practically on the deck before flicking his leg out to try and make contact with Saunders who was standing still. Cheating.

Also, FWIW I thought Goodwillie's "wonder" goal was extremely close to being dangerous play. Pictures in the paper this morning show that his boot was lucky not to connect with Hutchinson's head.

Edited by Polomint_Dosser

Disappointed at both goals we lost. Gunning needs a wrap on the knuckles for his rolling around instead of defending malarkey and Randolph should have done better, the shot was straight at him.

Really don't think you can blame Randolph for that one. Apart from the fact it would have been almost impossible to anticipate as overhead kicks can go anywhere, it bounced right in front of him in the muddy six yard box, much as Sutton's header did at the other end. I thought he was pretty unlucky not to keep it out, tbh.

If Craigan gets called up to the Northern Ireland squad to place in A Euro qualifier, surely the game can't go ahead on the 29th?

I assume the reason the game isn't on next week is because of Houston heading away for the Scotland get-together?

Internationals trump club games I'm sure....

As for Houston heading away with Scotland, if that is the reason, then Kenny Black is also affected.

I've heard charges have been dropped and are just awaiting paperwork being made before it will be made public.

Thought we were there for the taking yesterday especially in the second half. Credit to Motherwell though for stopping the threat of conway and swanson.

In any other job, Goodwillie would've been on gardening leave just now. Had he not meant so much to Utd then he probably wouldn't have been playing recently. Utd have taken a big chance with him. His overhead kick shows he has plenty of ability but he also showed major arrogance yesterday by diving and acting like an arse when returning the ball back after we put it out of play for Gunning to get treatment.

If Craigan gets called up to the Northern Ireland squad to place in A Euro qualifier, surely the game can't go ahead on the 29th?

I assume the reason the game isn't on next week is because of Houston heading away for the Scotland get-together?

Surely it also has something to do with the fact that our pitch is in no shape to play games on at the moment due to it currently being in the process of re-seeding and germination?

Our games will only be off if Scotland are playing or a large percentage of recognised first team players are away on international duty. The SFA (or any other FA) do not have to take into consideration foreign players (which technically Craigan is) and their international scehdule. This is why you had premiership clubs moaning about the African Nations Cup, and all sane people telling them to stop moaning!

Saying that, very unusual for the SFA to pencil in using an international date, UEFA usually have something in their agreement with the European nations that no top level (highest division/cup) games can be played on European International week.

don't be ridiculous..

Wouldn't be shocked if Goodwillie misses and the referee blows for a Free-Kick. Can't really get more dangerous than an overhead kick attempt while being challenged by another guy using his head.

How is it ridiculous?

A split-second later and Hutchinson gets a boot in the face, or if Goodwillie mistimes it, again a boot in the face.....

It's a point worth raising.

We need to give Badboaby the credit, - great goal - yaddah yaddh yaddah etc.

However anywhere else on the park that's dangerous play and Hutch's rugged good looks were very close to being re-arranged.

For the sake of a couple of millimetres the decision stands. It brushes off Hutch's ear - the ref has a call to make.

Rooney's the other week - had no one in close proximity.

Surely it also has something to do with the fact that our pitch is in no shape to play games on at the moment due to it currently being in the process of re-seeding and germination?

Talk yesterday was that it was due to Dungdee Utds fixture congestion. But the longer we can negotiate to help the pitch would be beneficial to both teams.

Wouldn't be shocked if Goodwillie misses and the referee blows for a Free-Kick. Can't really get more dangerous than an overhead kick attempt while being challenged by another guy using his head.

Exactly what I thought last night. You can't really disallow the sort of goal fans pay good money to see. But anywhere else on the park, and (as you say) quite possibly if he'd missed, it's a free kick.

How is it ridiculous?

A split-second later and Hutchinson gets a boot in the face, or if Goodwillie mistimes it, again a boot in the face.....

Your all only taking this line because it was a goal against us, the fact is Hutchinson gave him too much room and thus allowed him to score a cracker of a goal.

Dangerous play my arse.

Your all only taking this line because it was a goal against us, the fact is Hutchinson gave him too much room and thus allowed him to score a cracker of a goal.

Dangerous play my arse.

I don't think any of the guys are. I know I'm definitely not. C&A specs definitely off.

Looking at it in the cold light of day as a goal in a game of football - it's an utter peach of a goal - but technically dangerous play. His boot is head height.

If he does a Rooney and does it with no-one around him it's a no brainer. But given that a guys head was a couple of inches off it - it was definitely dangerous play.

And btw - Goodwillie created his own room - why does every goal against us have to be someones fault.

I don't think any of the guys are. I know I'm definitely not. C&A specs definitely off.

Looking at it in the cold light of day as a goal in a game of football - it's an utter peach of a goal - but technically dangerous play. His boot is head height.

If he does a Rooney and does it with no-one around him it's a no brainer. But given that a guys head was a couple of inches off it - it was definitely dangerous play.

And btw - Goodwillie created his own room - why does every goal against us have to be someones fault.

+1