Killie V Well Match Thread

Yir Elder

That was shocking. Can't believe how bad we were after the first 20 mins. pen is a terrible decision, however we got what we deserved, bugger all! Killie are alright but remember we played them off the pitch at FP only 6 weeks ago (all be it they pinched it at the end). We missed Las big time and I just thank god we have Las, Jeffers & Hammell all to come back in, whole team was poor today but special mention for Forbes & Murphy, think my 5 year old daughter would push them about, don't want to see either of them next Wed. Only good thing to come out of today was that I kept my £20 in my pocket!

Well that 2nd half was woeful. 3-1 going on for 5 or 6.

To be fair it did not help being minus 4 1st team players and 3 of them out from only yesterday........cannot have helped McCalls plans, but even so a bit more bottle would not have gone amiss.

What is up with Murphy - totally lost if of late. I don't think I have ever seen him win a 50-50 challenge. At one stage we were 3 on 1 and he passes to a killie player :wallbash:

As for Killie - well big Mixu dereves credit for unearthing Silva, Eremenko and Sissoko, all very accomplished players. Cannot help wonder how they are paying their wages.....

I would take a cup final over top 6. But to have neither would be a kick in the haw maws and affect us financially for next year.

Come on DDee Utd....who would ordinarily take care of ICT with little problem, but you just know because we want that to happen is a good reason why it probably wont.....

Hope not, the last thing we need is a fifth different manager in the space of a couple of years.

My concern is that first division football could become a reality sooner rather than later. We don't have the money to do a major overhaul of the squad, and i.m.o our fringe players just ain't good enough, changing to a 10 team league will only make our problems worse. Sorry to be a pain in the arse guys but I just cant see any outcome.

No complaints. Lack of fight, lack of know how and a lack of direction. Jennings could and maybe should have been off. Suicidal defending for all three goals. Definate penalty, what was Gunning thinking about? Craigan tried it again second half with the shoulder barge, good thinking Captain. Hately is not a right back (not a midfielder either).

Humph has not been the same player since Brown left. All in all I think that was a performance today that gives a good indication of our level.

Killie deserve top six because they are a better side than us and for my money so do ICT. We are now a bottom 6 club.

Good luck to Killie. Hope they can upset the apple cart in the run in.

What is up with Murphy - totally lost if of late. I don't think I have ever seen him win a 50-50 challenge. At one stage we were 3 on 1 and he passes to a killie player :wallbash:

And then tries to blame Jones.

Murphy is just not good enough for the SPL. All very well against total dross in the early rounds of Europe, but not the SPL. Looks like a wee lost wean most of the time and his shooting is fucking pathetic.

It seems that the players don't give a rats ass about the league, and are only turning up for the cup games, or old firm at Fir Park. Would that be a fair comment?

A very fair and if true a very worrying thought. For me its a case of an average bunch of players managed by a less than average manager. If players are doing as suggested and only playing in the so called bigger games then that would suggest of field problems we don't know about .

Perhaps if Murphy was not punted around the team to accomodate other players, got decent service, played in his best position, got proper encouragement from our support, and that the fans remembered that he his still a young guy learning the game, then he might produce better performances. It was not that long ago, that he was our only attacking threat.

Young players will blow hot and cold, and will make mistakes. We just better get used to it, as nothing is going to change over night.

Jim, thats what i wa thinking, that perhaps there is a problem between say the board and the players, possibly about bonus win money? Maybe, some of the players know they are aint going to be here next season, and see no point in busting a gut in the league, but will do in the cup, as they can make a name for themselves. In some ways i hope this is the case, as a top six finnish is almost gone, but a wee cup win would be nice.

Perhaps if Murphy was not punted around the team to accomodate other players, got decent service, played in his best position, got proper encouragement from our support, and that the fans remembered that he his still a young guy learning the game, then he might produce better performances. It was not that long ago, that he was our only attacking threat.

Young players will blow hot and cold, and will make mistakes. We just better get used to it, as nothing is going to change over night.

I know where you're coming from and agree with some of what you say, but what is his best position? A striker that can't head, shoot or hold the ball up ain't all that useful. He looks good running at people and seems to scare defenders but virtually never any end product. Can't remember the last time he actually hit a decent shot. Always dribbles them along the ground.

I would love to be proven wrong and for Murphy to go on and be a legend for us, but just don't see it. Remember thinking the same earlier in the season when folk were up in arms about Goodwillie getting selected ahead of him for Scotland. I know who I would rather have up front, less the raping of course.Allegedly.

Murphy has been pish lately but is one of not many players in our team who can actually make something happen. Not the best player lately but certainly not the worst - for me all our problems start in the centre of our defence and a lack of a leader in our team. Craigen is done and proved it again today. Surely that must be McCalls number 1 priority in the summer. The overall lack of fight, spirit, urgency and will to win was missing big time again today!!!!!

I would think Murphy just off a big striker, and given a free role is probably where he belongs. I also see him as more creative than natural goalscorer. Goodwillie is a totally different player, who is a out and out striker or battering ram.

He has the ability, just lacks belief. SPL is a hell of a league for a young creative player to learn the game.

I would think Murphy just off a big striker, and given a free role is probably where he belongs. I also see him as more creative than natural goalscorer. Goodwillie is a totally different player, who is a out and out striker or battering ram.

He has the ability, just lacks belief. SPL is a hell of a league for a young creative player to learn the game.

Agreed they are totally different players and that a free role off a big striker is probably his best position but he didn't achieve much today playing with Sutton. Also agreed he looks woefully short of belief, but not sure I agree he has the ability.

Part of me thinks (hopes) he might just be knackered after no proper summer break for a few years.

that 2nd goal was a total farce. clear foul on hateley before their corner but the worst part was gunning's pish poor attempt at tracking back before that. it was a soft pen but gunning i knew the ref was going to give it straight away as their seemed to be one set of rules for us and one for killie, some of the fouls on murphy that weren't given were unreal.

your never going to win a game with humphrey, forbes and gunning playing in the same midfield against a team who move the ball as well as killie. i was half expecting jenno to get a second yellow just so he could get away from the 3 of them. it was embarassing watching forbes near the end of his match, his decision making seems to go due to his poor conditioning. humphrey was shocking, he did well for the goal but was awful for the other 89 and did his favourite trick of hiding behind the left back for most of the 2nd half.

putting forbes on for saunders turned the match against us. we needed to be able to compete in midfield and that decision weakend us. surely gunning to left back, page to right back and jones to left mid was the change we needed.

credit to sutty, jenno, murphy and craggs for good performances.

watching the rugby the now, why can we not have our refs mic's over the telly explaining to players and fans.

Because rugby players and fans are brought up to politely accept the decisions once they've been explained. Fitba' players and fans, not so much.

First half was a decent enough performance and I thought we were very unlucky to go in behind after a phantom penalty and we probably had as much of the game as they did. Second half started badly with a rare rick from Randolph and we tried hard enough but they defended too well for what we offered. When they cleared the corner off the line that seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and from then on we seemed to have given in. Their corners caused all sorts of problems and in some way or another all their goals came from one.

Jennings should have been off

Clancy should have been off

Forbes booking was harsh

Penalty was a joke

Hutchinson's booking wasn't even a foul!

Though credit where its due the referee was excellent in the 2nd half. But I feel the penalty turned the game.