Saunders Out For The Season

WilliePettigrew

Its been a pretty shitty week for injuries with Severin, Izaguirre and now Saunders. And not one of them was even a foul which makes you kind of wonder about pitches or studs or it could of course just be a horrible coincidence. Either way its a devastating blow for a kid who should have been looking for this season to be the next step in his development and for us with a really limited squad we just don't have the depth to cope with these. And whilst Saunders may not be first choice anywhere at present his adaptability makes him a really useful asset that we'll miss. All the best in your recovery sir.

could a done without this is an under statement with the size of our squad but im pretty sure because he was playing for scotland it means motherwell dont have to pay his wages the sfa do so i would expect a replacement to come in even if it is a loan deal. i say hijack gunning from united haha.

Edited by Wulliemfc1

Really hope its not as bad as first feared but gotta be the worst timing ever. Need to get a few loans in soon, get better soon lad.

Obviously not good losing a player long term at any point but if we have to then now is the time to do it when we can bring somebody in.Don't think it's a 'disaster' for the club as a few have said, we have a small squad but let's be honest there are a few players who would've been a much bigger loss.We can cope with his loss more than Murphy, Randolph etc.

Just Noticed this on the news tonight and our youngster you signed at the start of the season popped into ma head ! am i right in saying Saunders was a right back ? and if so, whats the chances of Nicky Devlin coming in as cover now ? if not we'll take him back down the road :thumbup:

gutted for him,he is better at centre half,and with hutchinson is our central pairing for the future.would like to c page given a chance.anytime i have seen him he looks okay.hopefylly mcall has plans for it.agree with earlier post,lets hijack gunnings utd deal

• 4 months later...

Spoke to Steven on Saturday and he says he's 3 weeks away from resuming training.

Hopefully he'll be back competing for a cup final place.

I didn't realise the pre-season Lanarkshire Cup friendlies had started up again. :whistling:

Good news that he is on the mend.