Craig Brown

gullane

Re: the STV story. Good as it is that we are challenging it, I think I might have preferred it if we were challenging it with a bit more substance to tackle their claim, than simply challenging them for failing to lodge their complaint in time.

Is there a chance that if we give them the £25k they want, for what must've been a "gentleman's agreement" (as they didn't have a contract), that we could then fuck Aberdeen over for compo for relieving the old cant's from their "gentleman's agreement" of employment with us, surely we would stand a chance of getting more than £25k???

Auld pricks...

Whether or not a bonus was agreed, with almost any company, if you walk out before an agreed bonus period, you forgo your stake. I'm due a bonus in June and if I were to leave now, despite having already met the targets, there's absolutely no way in hell I would be getting it.

You can't claim not to have a contract to get out of employment, then come back asking for "agreed bonuses". It doesn't work both ways. If we get hit over this, the first recourse should be chasing Aberdeen for compensation.

• Like 1

Re: the STV story. Good as it is that we are challenging it, I think I might have preferred it if we were challenging it with a bit more substance to tackle their claim, than simply challenging them for failing to lodge their complaint in time.

surely that would be our first argument at the initial hearing and if it doesn't work we will use other (valid) arguments.

Whether or not a bonus was agreed, with almost any company, if you walk out before an agreed bonus period, you forgo your stake. I'm due a bonus in June and if I were to leave now, despite having already met the targets, there's absolutely no way in hell I would be getting it.

You can't claim not to have a contract to get out of employment, then come back asking for "agreed bonuses". It doesn't work both ways. If we get hit over this, the first recourse should be chasing Aberdeen for compensation.

Agreed, came in here to post this myself. How can he expect to get it both ways. Thats like quitting a job but still wanting your wages.

A lawyer will use the legal approach most likely to win. No need to bother with assembling a more detailed defence if the case has been filed too late.

pay him the money, and then pursue Aberdeen for poaching contracted staff

Browns departure showed his lack of integrity and the club took the opportunity to restructure and enjoy some relative success, it has also allowed many of the team to get back to playing and enjoying football again.

I'm pretty sure there is more to it as well, but even in the future if it gets revealed , who to believe?

Bang on the money there Tony.

• Like 1

surely that would be our first argument at the initial hearing and if it doesn't work we will use other (valid) arguments.

Exactly. Solicitors acting on behalf of the club will seek to have the case dismissed on the technical grounds cited. Will (and should) hopefully work if indeed the claim has been intimated out of time. If that fails and the case proceeds to a Tribunal then our solicitors will argue that the pair of them are entitled to f*ck all anyway.

I really hope their case is dismissed. Can't believe the cheek of the auld b'stards when you consider Boyle gave them a lifeline in the game and no doubt paid them a decent salary up and until them did the dirty on us.

I really hope their case is dismissed. Can't believe the cheek of the auld b'stards when you consider Boyle gave them a lifeline in the game and no doubt paid them a decent salary up and until them did the dirty on us.

Cheek or not, if my lawyer thought I was due £25k off somebody, I'd be giving it a go too.