Tam Mcmanus?

wellman28

Won't forget that arse giving us the fingers as he went up the tunnel at Dens. We somehow managed to lose 2-1 to a dire Dumpdee side, with him in it, and he gleefully whipped a finger up at us at the end of the game. Arse.

Won't forget that arse giving us the fingers as he went up the tunnel at Dens. We somehow managed to lose 2-1 to a dire Dumpdee side, with him in it, and he gleefully whipped a finger up at us at the end of the game. Arse.

Did he not get the winner in this game anaw?

I'm not excusing his actions but given the abuse he was taking from a section of our support (including the web-site admin guy formerly known as Evenflow) he was more than entitled to reply.

Exactly, thought he was too good to us and went to Dundee and ended up getting relegated with them.

Fuck him.

Not entirely true there. Post weighing up the pros and cons of a move to a then relatively safe Dumpdee or Hampdump bound Motherwell, a personal plea from his father direct to Terry Butcher followed. Motherwell couldn't do a deal or wouldn't as the agent involved was described as unscrupulous to say the least.

The next morning, ill advised by his agent, that's bearing in mind the agent was dealing directly with the renowned for dodgy practice Marr brothers, big Tel phoned as Tam made his way into Jim Duffys office having given him his word to sign for them. Motherwell offered more money too.

Forward two seasons, Tam was in Maurice Malpas' office about to sign the paperwork in front of him when Mr Malpas was requested to head upstairs. Re-entering the office he told Tam of his demise claiming his position had been undermined and Tam left resurfacing at Dunfermline.

So where and when did he actually knock us back?

Anyroads, would I have him at the 'Ark just now? Definitely not as a replacement for Ports, I'd be interested what Mark McGhee could get out of him as a player though. His stock at that is good enough for me - McGarry? Klimpl? O'Brien? That and he'd be a fine resource for comps ;)