Inverurie Pitch

WellMartyn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm absolutely delighted the game has got the go ahead, but i cant help think that the SFA/Polica will call the game off due to weather conditions, and say its for the safety of the fans. i'm trying to be optimistic!

Must be a possibility, but there would have been no way the pitch could have failed that inspection after 5 days of positive temperatures. Clear blue skies, just a sprinking of snow, just fine for a game of fitba at the moment. Thats bound to change during the day though - at the moment there seems to be snow in Banff, Lossiemouth and Stonehaven but we're clear at the moment.

Be careful everyone and enjoy the game (if its still on at :evilgrin:

Fek the east Coast, the roads are bad enough in sunny Uddingston

I'm just away out to try and dig the car out and make it to the Scotmid for supplies as I can see us being snowbound for a day on the roads :evilgrin:

Reckon a box of space raiders and a couple bottles of Irn-Bru will keep us going.

fuckin mental decision giving the current weather, Scottish football, Eh? call games of in decent conditions and declare them on when the parts of the country are at a standstill, pathetic

Hmm I am having major doubts whether this is worthwhile now.

Why ???

Jump on a bus , what difference is an extra half hour or hour ?

Fair number of drama queens on here , youd think we'll be going in on foot from the A96 across country with a tennis racquet on each shoe led by a sherpa , past man eating siberian tigers , over dodgy rope bridges across icy ravines.

The pitch has been passed as playable and the man says its clear skies and little much snow in Inverurie , if its going to be called off ill be very surprised , nay shocked, if they wait until the match ref stoats in just before kick off.

Folk moan when its off then moan when its on :evilgrin:

Well done to the Locos staff for having the pitch ready but the weather is really just takin the piss now. Everybody wants this game done and out the way but havin just checked with the traffic Police in Aberdeen and Highways Scotland there is nae chance o many off us makin the game. Liked the comment from the poster earlier that its aw main roads there but the police have just told me that they big safe dual carriageways are currently down to one lane open and traffic fae Dundee tae Aberdeen is currently doin 15mph. So any buses/cars leavin at 2 or after will get there aboot 9/10 ish.

All said, good luck to those travellin and take supplies (no just buckie) and be safe....

Sky sports news are just about tae talk about the game and are havin a laugh........................

Why ???

Jump on a bus , what difference is an extra half hour or hour ?

Fair number of drama queens on here , youd think we'll be going in on foot from the A96 across country with a tennis racquet on each shoe led by a sherpa , past man eating siberian tigers , over dodgy rope bridges across icy ravines.

The pitch has been passed as playable and the man says its clear skies and little much snow in Inverurie , if its going to be called off ill be very surprised , nay shocked, if they wait until the match ref stoats in just before kick off.

Folk moan when its off then moan when its on :evilgrin:

Drama queen nothing! Just have become quite used to being dissapointed in regards to this game.

Alan - Trying to get hold of Jonny , sadly he loves a sleep and doens't usually wake up before dinner time. Will try get in touch asap.

There may be little much snow in Inverurie, but between here and there it's very dangerous and if this continues it'll be essential journey only warnings going out. It's all very well to call folk drama queens, but when your life is at risk (and lets face it, on exposed Motorways in wild conditions, it is) then is a game of football really worth it?

Aye yer right , im not going now , its nothing short of suicide !

Hardly ideal conditions i agree but folk are going a bit overboard.

If i freeze to death on the way up dont feel guilty about saying i told you so.

My worry is the SFA saying theyll monitor it , get it off or say its on if the pitch is playable

For those of you travelling - keep an eye on www.trafficscotland.org for road closures etc. The M74 and M73 were down to one lane about an hour ago but I don't know what the roads are like now.

and the radio Scotland weather broadcast at 11:00 reports the poor weather spreading North fast expect up to 8 inches of snow thru stirling,perthshire, aberdeenshire etc

Who is the referee? where is he from? what sort of time will he get there??

OK, weather changing fast. Just started snowing here 30 seconds ago. Will keep yous all updated.

Thanks Andy and nae moans are directed towards Locos here as we know you have already covered the pitch wae 4000 "out o date" hot pies just to get this match on for tonight :evilgrin:

Please keep the info comin in.........