Steelmenonline Crystal Ball - SPL 11/12

Steve Diggle

Right we're aw experts and we know exactly how next season is gonna pan out already right? Overtures already made in the market. Recruitment successes & failures. Confirmed departures. Confirmed arrivals.

So what's your 1-12?

I think surprisingly - St Mirren wont be as rank, neither will Hibs.

ICT will consolidate

Utd, Killie, St Johnstone will be a lot poorer

Aberdeen will tread water and Broon will get the heave

Hearts wont collect as many points and as such - the gap between the gruesome twosome and the rest will be even bigger.

We'll manage Europe as McCall will do well in the remainder of the window

and btw I've just swapped St J with Dunfermline in the trap door slot - with the boring fermers going doon

1 Rangers

2 Celtic

3 Hearts

4 Motherwell

5 Hibs

6 Inverness

7 Dundee Utd

8 St. Mirren

9 Aberdeen

10 Killie

11 Dunfermline

12 St. Johnstone

The league is going to have to be abandoned when for the first time in generations a diddy team in well out in front of the old firm

Referees will be on strike, the SPL aren't gonna get away with kidding on the foreign dudes again and will not be saved by severe weather shutdown

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Hibernian

5. Dundee United

6. Motherwell

7. Inverness CT

8. Aberdeen

9. St Johnstone

10. Kilmarnock

11. Dunfermline

12. St Mirren

Pretty much the same as Jay only I'd swap Killie and St Mirren. As for us I can see us having a poor run in the cups this season, last season was just far to good and this season wouldn't surprise me if we went out at the first round in both competitions, I do hope I am wrong though.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts/ Dundee United

4. Dundee United/ Hearts

5. Hibs

6. Motherwell

7. Kilmarnock

8. Inverness

9. Dunfermline

10. Aberdeen

11. St Johnstone

12. St Mirren

I predict that there will be a conspiracy against Celtic and they will continue to bleat about the death threats to the yellow teethed ned and conveniently forget the death threats to Steve Conroy / Dougie MacDonald / the linesman resigning, Hugh Dallas getting sacked and everybody cowtowing to the moaning bastards.

The weegie meedja will love super sally and will cream themselves over every fekin thing he says even though his team will be shite and we will beat THEM this season.

Jim Jeffries will moan about everything and everybody even though his team will be dirty bastards again.

The season positions will be, I predict:

1 and 2, will be one of the evil two. The reason being the SPL, SFA, Scottish Government (new laws on sectarianism, my arse), and the scottish media couldn't let any one else win it.

In the opinion of all of them, they ARE Scottish Football. :wank: :wank:

3. Motherwell, I think Stuart McCal knows what he wants to do and when he brings his own players in it could be a very good season.

Another Cup Final, this time a victorious one? :woop:

4. Hearts, I hope Sutton does hee haw. :nod:

5. Kilmarnock

6. Dunfermline

7. Dundee Utd

8.St Johnstone

9 Inverness C.T.

10 Hibs

11 St Mirren

12 Aberdeen, with Broon and Knox claiming a bonus for keeping them in the top twelve by April :help::doh::help::doh:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Hibs

5. Dundee United

6. Aberdeen

7. Motherwell

8. Killie

9. ICT

10. St Johnstone

11. Dunfermline

12. St Mirren

A rarity that all the City clubs finish in the top six but I'll stick my neck out and say that will happen. Danny Lennon to be the first SPL managerial casualty of the season and Brown to marginally turn things around at Pittodrie but still leaving their fans unhappy (nae Cups, nae Europe, crap fitba. Motherwell to get to QF of both Cups before coming up short.

I'd like to think when almost everyone else is cutting budgets and we're maintaining ours, combined with the impressive start McCall has made and the general standard of the players he's brought in, we should at least improve on our finish this year.

Teams like Dundee Utd have already lost their best players with no sign or funds available for like-for-like replacements.

Only issue for me is shipping goals in certain games, losing by 1 or 2 to the old firm is never welcomed but at least its palatable, certainly more so than conceding 4-5.

If we can build on what we did last year with a largely unchanged starting line up then I'm pretty confident.

Not quite understanding the choice of Celtic as champions by some. As poor as we are told they are, Rangers with likely investment will be stronger no? The pan-republican agenda will know doubt be trotted out from those at the San Giro.

Can only see turmoil in the granite city, got the grave dancing shoes at the ready...

neil lennon will get the jail for batterin a hearts fans. "super" ally will take rangers into relegation, get the sack, and go into hiding. broon will keel over at the touchline and grab his left arm while the sheep get pumped 12-1 off st midden. the hearts deffender sex offender will get the sack and end up workin behind the pie stand at his beloved easter road. the lesser of two lennons will be off i would imagine and billy reid will take his place when he gets the sack after kickin the shit out of his *star* ally crawford for scoring and over head kick that bursts the net, causing them to spend £20 that they cant afford to replace them. scott brown will head butt himself in the face and be out for the season.

Well will win both cups with no bother and big stuart will be given the key to the town.

who will win the title?.....pft dumfermline...why not.

Not quite understanding the choice of Celtic as champions by some. As poor as we are told they are, Rangers with likely investment will be stronger no?

I personally went with Celtic as I just don't think McCoist will cut it as a gaffer. Lennon's not the greatest but he's brought in some very good players for the standard of the SPL (eg. Hooper, Commons etc), I just don't think McCoist is manager material.

Think we will finish between 6th and 8th. I reckon we will be pretty solid at home but I fear for us away from Fr Park. I like McCall a lot but I think consistency is something we will struggle for under his reign. However, if he can get us performing week in week out then we could end up challenging for Europe. Race for 3rd should be wide open as Dundee Utd won't be as strong and Jeffries is a one trick pony.

A good Scottish Cup run and a league win over both halves of the Old Firm will do me.

With regards to the rest of the league, I think Rangers will run away with it and ICT or St Mirren to get relegated.

Killie must be relegation candidates given the players they have lost and the new manager.

Heffernan signed, Harkins on his way and a few more to follow I imagine. Last year they suffered big style from the loss of Mixu and Sammon but I think they'll regroup well, put together a decent squad and surprise a few this season. Shiels was the architect behind the football they played last season.

I cant see anything positive fior us next season, or league form in the latter end of last season was nothing less than shocking. After beating celtic at Fir Park we slumped to two appalling defeats to ICT and Killie and from then on in, the Cup run apart, the only decent performace was the comeback against Hearts.

We shipped 17 goals in the last 5 games including the Cup Final. We haven't strengthened anywhere we've just replaced Sutton with Higdon. Frankly, I think we'll struggle and I reckon relegation could be a threeway battle between us, St Mirren and Killie. Couldn't give a toss which of the bigots wins it but think it'll still be Hearts and Dundee United in the Europa places.