Faddy

Stef

faddy is already a rich young man. if he came back to us he'd enjoy his football again and continue to be a 'well legend.

the same won't happen at another club.

he's made his money so the rest of his career should be about scoring goals and enjoying himself.

if he goes to someone else he'll make more money but he loves being adored and the 'well fans love him.

c'mon faddy. do the right thing!

Edited by fergie-mfc
  • Like 2

Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard that both rangers and celtic have been in talks with his agent and that celtic are the more willing club wanting him but he'd have to take a very stringent medical before they offer a contract.

i heard that aswell... 3 seasons ago. Don't think the old firm are interested in him, it's just the media want them to be. They want to spend on foreign gems, not aging, injured Scots. Unless, ofcourse, whoever you heard this from worked for the news of the world, then you may just be right :whistling:

i heard that aswell... 3 seasons ago. Don't think the old firm are interested in him, it's just the media want them to be. They want to spend on foreign gems, not aging, injured Scots. Unless, ofcourse, whoever you heard this from worked for the news of the world, then you may just be right :whistling:

Are u suggesting that stuwell's Source hacked mcfaddens mobile phone? :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think it will happen, but I don't think it's completely outrageous that he might come back temporarily until he gets a contract with a big club. (Maybe just a bit mental)

He's always shown he has a soft spot for Motherwell and as folk have already mentioned he said he'd like to finish his career here (Don't think he's at that stage yet though...)

He's needing a bit of training and recovery and could go on a month to month contract, or even a contract with clauses allowing him to leave as soon as he gets an offer. Not sure if it would work, but I wouldn't see the harm in offering.

Even if he was just back to train and recover some fitness (or hopefully match fitness).

A few games in the ship window in the SPL could possibly even prove his fitness to an interested club.

Mind you, the chances are that if things got that far, he'd end up signing for the Old Firm anyway, so maybe he's better not to come near Scotland if that's on the cards.

It was in one of the papers the other day he is rumoured to be on the verge of rejoining Everton, that tells me there's no chance we can compete.You would never hear "Aye he'll go to Everton................ or Motherwell"

It was in one of the papers the other day he is rumoured to be on the verge of rejoining Everton, that tells me there's no chance we can compete.You would never hear "Aye he'll go to Everton................ or Motherwell"

Then Moyes will bring him to Ibrox when the takes over from McCoist.

Conspiracy, you say? :popcorn:

• 3 weeks later...

Still no club and with Levein saying in the press recently that he must be with a club and playing regularly to get in any of his Scotland squads (fair enough, obviously) he better get the finger out!!

He was training with us over the summer, obviously likes being around the place and what better place to get yourself in the shop window than scoring for Motherwell at the top of the league?!!

Even a month to month rolling contract, if anyone bigger fancies him he goes, no strings.

Surely this isn't impossible?

I know this sounds daft but who do you think would be dropped to make room for him, how would him playing effect the shape of the team, and on that basis is it worth having him on a month to month contract?

You do make a very good point, that we'd have to probably alter our entire team and formation just to accomodate Faddy, and the end result may well be detrimental to the team itself. But, he's that good a player, we couldn't afford to leave him out. In saying that, he'd certainly be a better option from the bench that Smith/McHugh. But, he is too good to sit on our bench, but not ideal to the way we play. He'd walk in our team, just not our formation..

All hypothetical of course.

I know this sounds daft but who do you think would be dropped to make room for him, how would him playing effect the shape of the team, and on that basis is it worth having him on a month to month contract?

I know what you're saying actually but Faddy would give us LOTS of options, lets not kid ourslelves on.

He could play wide left in a very attacking 4-4-2 with Muphy and Higdon up front, Humphrey wide right and law attacking CM with Jenno/Lasley holding CM in a diamond. Swap Murphy for Faddy and you get him up front. Play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 and you put Murphy wide right Faddy wide left Hidgon up front. Las/Law/Jenno in the middle. If you want Faddy through the middle behind the Striker put Law wide left etc..

Surely this isn't impossible?

It is.

Christ almighty will folk catch a grip here? He's fucking gone and he's not coming back! This is a 28 year old fully established International footballer who was with a Premiership club only last season we're talking about here. Yes he started his career at Motherwell and there is a 'rumour' that he might have told someone that he would consider finishing his career back here but let's confine this to reality eh?

I repeat most strongly, he's fucking gone and

HE'S. NOT. COMING.

BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is.

Christ almighty will folk catch a grip here? He's fucking gone and he's not coming back! This is a 28 year old fully established International footballer who was with a Premiership club only last season we're talking about here. Yes he started his career at Motherwell and there is a 'rumour' that he might have told someone that he would consider finishing his career back here but let's confine this to reality eh?

I repeat most strongly, he's fucking gone and

HE'S. NOT. COMING.

BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

I agree with MJC this talk of Faddy coming back is ludicrous. Yes I read the article last year where he definitely did say he would "like" to end his career at Motherwell, so if and it's a big if he does come back it will be at least another 5 odd years when he's 32/33 ish certainly not now when he's entering his prime. I would love hm to come back as he' still my all time favourtie Motherwell player and I would be straight down the club shop getting FADDY on my strip if he did ever comeback one day but that will be a day far into the future if it does(and hopefully it does) happen.

He's 28, a 5 million pound Premiership player, with 20k plus a week wage demands with aspirations to get back in the Scotland squad. Yes he's unemployed but don't full yourelf that he's very short of options. He would walk into any championship team and many would want to have him, he's clearly holding out to see if a Premiership club will take a chance on him before commiting elsewhere. If they don't he will go to the championship before us, don't kid yourself on that one either.

I would love to see him back at Fir Park but IF that day ever comes It WILL be in at least 4 or 5 years time not now, so can we please stop all this and re open this thread in about 4 years time when it might be more appropriate.

he was distinctly average the last time he was in the championship. compare faddy's season in the championship to that of dorrans or gutierrez and it doesn't stack up well.

imo he's got zero chance of an epl club and it's obvious championship clubs aren't that keen or he'd be signed up.

I agree with MJC this talk of Faddy coming back is ludicrous. Yes I read the article last year where he definitely did say he would "like" to end his career at Motherwell, so if and it's a big if he does come back it will be at least another 5 odd years when he's 32/33 ish certainly not now when he's entering his prime. I would love hm to come back as he' still my all time favourtie Motherwell player and I would be straight down the club shop getting FADDY on my strip if he did ever comeback one day but that will be a day far into the future if it does(and hopefully it does) happen.

He's 28, a 5 million pound Premiership player, with 20k plus a week wage demands with aspirations to get back in the Scotland squad. Yes he's unemployed but don't full yourelf that he's very short of options. He would walk into any championship team and many would want to have him, he's clearly holding out to see if a Premiership club will take a chance on him before commiting elsewhere. If they don't he will go to the championship before us, don't kid yourself on that one either.

I would love to see him back at Fir Park but IF that day ever comes It WILL be in at least 4 or 5 years time not now, so can we please stop all this and re open this thread in about 4 years time when it might be more appropriate.

Aye I know. But just saying he was training with us and when that happens with players sometimes short term deals can be worked out. CLEARLY he is too good for us, well maybe not if we are pushing for the Champions League :whistling:.

This thread is titled hypothetical so what's your problem?

Me or MJC? There's nothing wrong with hoping he comes back, just find it hard to understand folk discussing it as a geniune possibility.

he was distinctly average the last time he was in the championship. compare faddy's season in the championship to that of dorrans or gutierrez and it doesn't stack up well.

imo he's got zero chance of an epl club and it's obvious championship clubs aren't that keen or he'd be signed up.

As I said he's probably hoping an EPL manager will take a chance on him, if not he will then find a championship club.

Aye I know. But just saying he was training with us and when that happens with players sometimes short term deals can be worked out. CLEARLY he is too good for us, well maybe not if we are pushing for the Champions League :whistling:.

:laugh:

Now you mention it champions league football could sway him.....:evilgrin:

...then you take hypothetical musings on the internet far too...seriously

Four pages of a thread consisting of 'hypothetical musings'? And folk asking 'surely this isn't impossible'?

For 'hypothetical musings on the internet' certain people appear to be taking this very seriously indeed, and I'm not one of them. :blush: