Faddy

Stef

At the end of the day, strikers are judged on goals scored. 10 in 110 games for Everton is, frankly, a piss poor record.

We know the potential he has, but he's still got everything to prove down there.

At the end of the day, strikers are judged on goals scored. 10 in 110 games for Everton is, frankly, a piss poor record.

I don’t really follow English football so I could be talking pish, but I think Faddy was never really played as an out and out striker at Everton. Also not sure how many of those 110 games he actually started. Anyone with a bit more knowledge than me know the answers?

Fucking delighted that he told they mhanky fuckers to bolt....again...... he's a legend for that alone.

From what I've heard it was the breakdown of the deal from Celtic that he didn't like. May have been a pay as you play deal? Considering his injuries you couldn't blame them really.

Also, they don't need any more midfielders. They badly need a centre-half, which hopefully they won't have by the time we play them at Fir Park.

From what I've heard it was the breakdown of the deal from Celtic that he didn't like. May have been a pay as you play deal? Considering his injuries you couldn't blame them really.

Also, they don't need any more midfielders. They badly need a centre-half, which hopefully they won't have by the time we play them at Fir Park.

I heard the celtic media machine after the event trying to spin out this yarn after Faddy had all but ignored there approach

Guidi was almost sickening in his pandering to Sellik, trying to make out they were only some tiny details away from signing him, and it was to try and fool their fans just like you

think hes the same guy that was implying before their AGM that James was already training with them.

he's a good lad, and he'll have to be desperado to join them, his views are strong on not exposing himself and his family to the old firm disease and unless his family are in some difficulty I reckon not much else would make him do it

Load od shite fae what I've heard.....he didnt even want to go and train with them!!

From what I read, Celtic offered Faddy a trial only while other teams, including Everton, had contracts on the table. So, quite rightly, Faddy accepted a firm offer.

The cynic in me thinks Celtic made the trial offer just before their AGM knowing full well he would never take them up on it.

yip i'd agree with that, but it was interesting to hear the celtic machine in operation, with elaboration from well 'respected' journos.

reporting that he was training at lennoxtown and that talks were advanced etc

and now you have the follow up 'stories' elaborating how close Celtic were to the signing

most Celtic football supporters are well aware of the spin and only too aware of where there player requirements are, in fact a few I know are getting well tired of the smokescreens surrounding almost everything that happens in side Celtic Park, particularly from the 'owners' movements

I don't really follow English football so I could be talking pish, but I think Faddy was never really played as an out and out striker at Everton. Also not sure how many of those 110 games he actually started. Anyone with a bit more knowledge than me know the answers?

he played just behind the strikers and was very unselfish in how he played. He didn't score many but he set up a lot. He was also played as a winger at some point, Similarly with Birmingham. Atleast, thats what I got from whenever I watched Match of the day or even Sky sports.

Aye, it was probably all bollocks from the Celtic end to honest, eh? There were that many stories doing the rounds that I didn't know what to believe.

Still, he's all signed up down south now and won't be returning in those hoops to darken our doorstep any time soon.

Here's hoping his next move brings him back to Fir Park :whistling: