Faddy

Stef

Before i am shot down in flames about this was just thinking that given Faddys recent spell out with a serious injury what are the chances of a team down south taking a chance on him with a long term deal. Is there a slight chance a wee 6 month deal would work out well for both parties?

Just a thought dont expect it to happen but you never know

Thoughts ?

For me, zero. There would be a raft of Championship teams that would be more than happy to have him in their squad. I can see him finishing his career with us though.

Was he released by Birmingham or was that nonsense?

Not sure heard he was released i agree no chance but as the new season approaches you never know obviously a massive wage cut would be needed.

On a side note i think he is a totally different player to the one that was at Fir Park just hope if/when he does come back we aint looking at the same outcome as McClair had

Okay first and foremost, there is absolutely no way we can even think of getting James McFadden, a 28 year old International player who was at an English Premiership side until his last contract expired where he would more than likely have been on more money than either Celtic or Rangers could afford, so let's just forget about that silly wee dream eh?

Secondly, is it not time that Motherwell fans got over 'Faddy' and moved on? He was a terrific young player for us and his transfer fee did absolutely no harm to our financial situation at that time, but that time was EIGHT years ago! He was great to watch whilst he was here, brought us so much excitement in an otherwise awful time for the club, but he is LONG gone and guess what? He ain't coming back. Ever.

• Like 1

Thing is as well as being released as far as I understand it, he's also in the early stages of recovering from a serious knee injury that required two operations.

Still in crutches last I heard.

So he's no gonna sign for Aston Villa or a high end Championship team any time soon. Bigger teams will wanna see how or IF he's recovered before running a lucrative contract through the printer.

He might have to find a place to get himself back in the window a wee bit of assistance.

He's no earnin diddly squat the noo.

Well done Birmingham.

Thought Birmingham activated a clause in his contract that gave him another year? Or did i read that about someone else and mistakenly attribute it to Faddy?

Makes sense that he's a free agent if he's using the gym and that at FP.