Inverurie Ticket Refund..

DC'd

As far as I can see there have been 2 official responses. The one DC'd received from Leanne Dempster, and one that 'Flow (as a club employee authorised to post on here) has given.

Whether you think they were adequate is up to you, but I don't know what more you are looking for.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation was and is this, and MFC are at NO fault here:

IF after the original Saturday tie you didn't fancy the inevitable on/off situation that was going to arise for 2/3 and in actual fact 4 occasions to get the game on you get your ticket back to MFC for a full refund.

IF you have a ticket but reckon you can make it to whatever replay you hold onto it, knowing full well you could take it back.

Simples

As far as I can see there have been 2 official responses. The one DC'd received from Leanne Dempster, and one that 'Flow (as a club employee authorised to post on here) has given.

Whether you think they were adequate is up to you, but I don't know what more you are looking for.

Well I appreciate Flows "opinion" and his suggestion that the club should apologise to all the affected fans so I am waiting on that happening. If I am told on Monday that a family with four tickets can get a refund if I can get there in the next few days then I expect that commitment to be upheld. You obviously have suffered no loss, have more money than sense or dont give a toss that this is how the club continues to treat fans.

Now I always thought this was the place where we get to both praise and slate the club if we felt the need to do so but hadnt realised that had changed.....................

The situation was and is this, and MFC are at NO fault here:

IF after the original Saturday tie you didn't fancy the inevitable on/off situation that was going to arise for 2/3 and in actual fact 4 occasions to get the game on you get your ticket back to MFC for a full refund.

IF you have a ticket but reckon you can make it to whatever replay you hold onto it, knowing full well you could take it back.

Simples

Totally agree with you as well but my complaint is that as per the club told me one thing then did another. If they hadnt had there usual communication breakdown I could have got my money on the Monday like everyone else and wouldnt care now....and how can you say MFC are not at fault - they are the ones that gave out the information when they had no idea what they were talking about!! If you dont know the answer to something, dont give an answer.

Simples

it is the clubs responsibility to stand by what it told people.

Not sure about that, Super. I could quote you many examples where an organisation has not stood by what one of its employees said to a customer in error. Shops, insurers, banks, local authorities, pubs, clubs, bookies, the Government. I could go on and on. For example earlier this evening the customers in front of me in a superstore queue argued the toss with the checkout operator over a wrongly priced item but in the end they had to shell out full price with no apology given.

Not sure about that, Super. I could quote you many examples where an organisation has not stood by what one of its employees said to a customer in error. Shops, insurers, banks, local authorities, pubs, clubs, bookies, the Government. I could go on and on. For example earlier this evening the customers in front of me in a superstore queue argued the toss with the checkout operator over a wrongly priced item but in the end they had to shell out full price with no apology given.

And all our experiences differ and that person in the queue will form an opinion of that supermarket based on there own experiences. Personally I have never been misled by banks, local authorities, pubs, clubs, bookies, the Government - just management at MFC.

To be fair, I think the key point there is that ICT and Killie agreed to refund fans, but we don't know whether it was Motherwell or Inverurie who didn't want to do the refunds for our game. Given that it was only our fans who were affected, and it's their club who needs the money more, I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt and say it was Inverurie who refused. The mis-communication by Motherwell can't be defended, though.

Frazzle

It was indeed Inverurie who had refused, Motherwell tried several times and several ways in order to get there fans a refund, even going via the SFA to sort it out.

MFC did try there best (albeit with the lack of accurate communication).

Despite being refused, MFC pressed ahead and let there fans receive refunds without permission of the Loco's.

All tickets were then returned to Loco's.

Sorry but had already heard from a Killie fan that the club was issueing full refunds to everyone BEFORE Caley had agreed to participate. This obviously meant that Killie were happy to suffer the small loss rather than see there loyal fans out of pocket. Nice of Caley to chip in though but the point remains that Killie went out of their way to help fans and for the sake of a few £££s they both get some nice positive press.

Just a shame that all the rest who were told to come down on the Tues/Wed were then told to buggar off. Great positive press.....................

All the rest? whos that 2 or 3 people? or even as much as 5 or 6? who were actually mistakinglytold to come down :woop:

No read the whole thread, I think that the club did well by the fans who bought tickets for the original matches by offering them refunds due to the cancellations. (not required to do so)

I also think it is wrong to expect a refund for something that has already taken place and imho people had almost 5 days to return their tickets before the Monday night game if they were not going to it.

i also believe that the 2 or 3 people who contacted the club and were supplied the incorrect information should recieve a refund as they were the only ones wronged, others who choose not to make a return prior to the match or to travel on the day, made that choice or were affected by the weather (not MFC mistake)

You think its only a couple hundred quid I think its more like £1500-£3000

No read the whole thread, I think that the club did well by the fans who bought tickets for the original matches by offering them refunds due to the cancellations. (not required to do so)

I also think it is wrong to expect a refund for something that has already taken place and imho people had almost 5 days to return their tickets before the Monday night game if they were not going to it.

i also believe that the 2 or 3 people who contacted the club and were supplied the incorrect information should recieve a refund as they were the only ones wronged, others who choose not to make a return prior to the match or to travel on the day, made that choice or were affected by the weather (not MFC mistake)

You think its only a couple hundred quid I think its more like £1500-£3000

Sorry but hadnt come across the exact numbers the way you have managed to find them. But I know for a fact that you are talking sh!te that only 2 or 3 people contacted the club regarding refunds on the Monday and you seem to reckon that upto 200 people wanted refunds after being affected by the weather. The point remains that another SPL club looked after it's own when Motherwell didnt give a toss! Dress up the numbers anyway it makes you feel better but Killie still managed it under exactly the same circumstances due to the weather and were probably more out of pocket than MFC would have been (even after Caley splitting it)

Good on the club for offering refunds, I never took them up on this offer because i intended on going to the rearranged fixture and I was able to go to all the rearranged games but i was not taking any chances in driving through that weather to go on Monday.

The Aberdeen game was called off at the weekend even though the park was fine, but the conditions getting there were not acceptable and IMO neither was the conditions for getting to our game on Monday.

Lee

Just a shame that all the rest who were told to come down on the Tues/Wed were then told to buggar off. Great positive press.....................
That's not what I was talking about. Your post was trying to make the claim that Killie was unique in offering a refund before ICT agreed. I was just pointing out the Motherwell did exactly the same thing and continued with their offer after Inverurie refused to budge.

The people that were offered incorrect information could (and should) have been compensated, but that is a separate argument.