Stamping Out Sectarianism

fatcalf

Has it been confirmed exactly why he was chucked out? It was only a few rows in front of us - we'd noticed a "We've got the Law and he hates h**s" banner earlier in the game, and heard mumblings afterwards he was lifted as it was his.

Not that makes any real difference - we all know for a fact that the police, stewards and clubs themselves will give it big licks over this sectarian crackdown, and yet the only fans that'll be constantly penalised will be those without the problem.

Keeping the crowd vibe on the way out of Fir Park we saw one rangers fan giving it to another for 'talking shite', sucker punch to the jaw, pole-axed the guy into the bushes where the program seller stands just before the burger bar thing. Belter of a smack he gave the boy, quite probably broke his jaw, Coppers wired in and got him. Today not a dead loss then ;)

Keeping the crowd vibe on the way out of Fir Park we saw one rangers fan giving it to another for 'talking shite', sucker punch to the jaw, pole-axed the guy into the bushes where the program seller stands just before the burger bar thing. Belter of a smack he gave the boy, quite probably broke his jaw, Coppers wired in and got him. Today not a dead loss then ;)

If this is the guy I think it was then the coppers were holding onto him in the middle of the road causing chaos for people trying to drive around them madness

The young lad got thrown out for having "h*n" on his flag. Coppers told him he would have recieved a football banning order but due to his age he was giving a warning.

What I don't understand is how he got in with the banner if it was deemed offensive as every flag taken in to Fir Park over the past few weeks has been rolled out to show the exact content to the stewards before entry.

Bit of an overreaction from the police if you ask me, they could have simply removed the flag and had a quiet word at the back of the stand.

• Like 1

Bit of an overreaction from the police if you ask me, they could have simply removed the flag and had a quiet word at the back of the stand.

Or they could get real and go after the real perpetrators of the 'hate crimes' they're paid very well to take care of.Long ago I heard one admit he was too scared to go into the away stand and do his job, so now we're back to picking the easy targets among the less volatile and significantly smaller pocket of the home support. Just as predicted, in fact about as predictable as Craig Thomson giving us fuck all on the pitch.

• Like 3

I'm with Fatcalf on this one. Its always the easy targets that are selected whilst the real perpetrators are immune to action. In defence of the Police however, had they taken widespread action today its more than likely that their Chief Constable, Church leaders and leading politicians would suffered apoplexy. Those responsible for making such arrests would be hauled over the coals.

As has been said before the evils of widespread religious sectarianism are simply too controverisal to tackle in Scotland in 2011.

At least it was spelled correctly, given the weegies had banners saying "bloostained" and "legned" last season.

I suppose legally you can't really complain but as those above have said common sense should have prevailed. Either the flag should have been taken off him prior to kick off or the stewards could have had a quiet word when he got in. It's frustrating that you very rarely hear of a Celtic/Rangers arrest, especially considering you hear them singing sectarian/pro terrorist songs on a game by game basis.

Posted a couple of photos in the "Atmosphere" thread but noticed that in this snap you can see the flag being discussed:

35ixg0w.jpg

Clearly a home made effort by a youngster and after the actions by the police I doubt he will be as enthusiastic to make any more.

So as the word h*n is neither sectarian nor political, what was the reason the wee guy got papped out? Are you now not allowed to say anything that's "no nice" at the fitba?

Apparently so. Writing was on the wall when it was banned on here. Reckon OSB will need to be censored next :rolleyes:

First of all I don't understand all the fuss over a banner about a 4th Century nomadic tribe.

Secondly from where I was I counted 8 stewards and 4 polis controlling about 100 'Well fans and the same amount for 3 thousand odd Rangers fans, but then again they didn't wake up until the 90th minute when they were 3 goals up so the stewards probably didn't have a lot to do up till then anyway.

If anyone seriously thinks that Scotland's so-called enforcers of the law are going to do anything about sectarianism with regard to either half of the OF then they are sadly deluded. All the great and the good signing peace douments, dictats and concordats with each other earlier this year was absolutely laughable and just the latest example of politicians feeling they have to jump up onto the moral high ground to assuage public opinion on every such issue that arises. Yesterday's removal of a fan was just to demonstrate to their political masters that they are actually enforcing this particular dictat. It must however be said that it was far easier to go into that particular area of the east stand and take a young lad out that doesn't look as though he's had his first shave yet than to wade into the massed ranks in the south stand. Brave lads are Strathclyde's finest!dry.gif

Wee boy brings banner saying "h**s" on it. Gets chucked out. What did he expect would happen?? :lol::doh:

I can only imagine the outcry on here if the Celtic support turned up at Fir Park with a banner with "h**s" written on it :rolleyes:

STAMP OUT SECTARIANISM! Except when it's one of our own it seems...

And to the "police are too scared/lazy" brigade, would YOU go into the away end and remove people? Didn't think so.

• Like 1

If anyone seriously thinks that Scotland's so-called enforcers of the law are going to do anything about sectarianism with regard to either half of the OF then they are sadly deluded. All the great and the good signing peace douments, dictats and concordats with each other earlier this year was absolutely laughable and just the latest example of politicians feeling they have to jump up onto the moral high ground to assuage public opinion on every such issue that arises. Yesterday's removal of a fan was just to demonstrate to their political masters that they are actually enforcing this particular dictat. It must however be said that it was far easier to go into that particular area of the east stand and take a young lad out that doesn't look as though he's had his first shave yet than to wade into the massed ranks in the south stand. Brave lads are Strathclyde's finest!dry.gif

The police have their wee cameras so they can spot people and deal with them later.Just because they don't arrest anyone during the game doesn't mean they won't after it.

Wee boy brings banner saying "h**s" on it. Gets chucked out. What did he expect would happen?? :lol::doh:

I can only imagine the outcry on here if the Celtic support turned up at Fir Park with a banner with "h**s" written on it :rolleyes:

STAMP OUT SECTARIANISM! Except when it's one of our own it seems...

And to the "police are too scared/lazy" brigade, would YOU go into the away end and remove people? Didn't think so.

You really are a terrible guy.

The police are the police and wether or not there scared of the orks in the away end they should set about doing there fucking job.

There was nothing sectarian about this either.

Don't be a fanny

You mean, don't disagree with you and don't tell the truth?

Can you explain what is sectarian about the word h*n?

I'm merely going with the title of the thread. Whether or not it is sectarian is for someone else to decide but it is a word that this forum (and many others) have deemed it worthy of putting in the swear filter.

You really are a terrible guy.

Why?

The police are the police and wether or not there scared of the orks in the away end they should set about doing there fucking job.

So if your boss told you to do something dangerous you would do it without hesitation? Because its your fucking job?