Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Right, the best way to get over a poor display and hammering by one half of the old firm is to immediately look forward to the next game.

We still sit third in the SPL table, with a healthy four point lead over our nearest rivals (even if they have a game in hand) so it's not all bad news.

How do we go about business next Saturday? Hopefully we'll see us back to our attacking best, and we may even have Omar available if his paperwork is sorted out in time.

Let's get back on track! :yahoo:

Fancy us to win this. People will point out they won at Celtc Park but it was a fluke and they are utter guff from what I've seen of them and they are painfully slow at the back. With the pace and width we have I hope we expose them like we did last season and with Daley hopefully to be registred in time hopefully gives us another option. I'm sure I read the Humph say in the papers today that Daley was faster than him.:O Hopefully he's a good addition.

Motherwell 3-0 St.Johnstone :cheers:

3-0. Murphy, Higdon and Humphrey.

We'll take an early lead, huff and puff for the rest of the first half but fail to add to our 1-0 lead. Second half will come about and we'll be 3-0 within 55 minutes, while for the rest of the game we'll sit back and invite pressure onto us. Randolph in this time will pull of at least two top quality saves.

We'll be joint second by the end of the weekend too.

3-0. Murphy, Higdon and Humphrey.

We'll take an early lead, huff and puff for the rest of the first half but fail to add to our 1-0 lead. Second half will come about and we'll be 3-0 within 55 minutes, while for the rest of the game we'll sit back and invite pressure onto us. Randolph in this time will pull of at least two top quality saves.

We'll be joint second by the end of the weekend too.

If we win and by some weird quirk of fate the currants win then we go clear in 2nd and split the OF (are you watching Jambos ?) laugh1.gif

A great opportunity to get back on track after yesterday and set ourselves up for a good wee run of games at home. I'm confident of a win against the Perth Saintees if we can get at their relitively slow back line with Murphy, Humphrey (if he plays) and Law.

Our back line will need to be on there toes though because Sandaza seems to have been banging them in recently for St. Johnstone.

Prediction 3-1 ... Murphy x2 and Higdon for the good guys. Sandaza for them.

Looking forward to getting back to Fir Park but always a bit nervous when we are playing a team at home where we would appear to be out and out favourites. And a bit more so because Hutchinson is missing.

Everyone seemed to be too confident for my liking of a result against Dumfermline and again people are predicting 3,4, even 5 goal routs here! I don't see that being the case once again but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Everyone seemed to be too confident for my liking of a result against Dumfermline and again people are predicting 3,4, even 5 goal routs here!

:blink: We beat Dunfermline 4-2.....And we have every right to be confident of giving St Johnstone a going over.

Surely its better to be optimistic, than how your coming across? Entitled to your opinion like, just seems a rather strange view your taking.

3-0 `Well, Higdon hat-trick...

Cannae wait for this game. Bounced back well from Rangers game and can see something similar against a team like St Johnstone. They've got Sandaza but we've got a handful of players that are as much of a threat as him. Can see a high scoring game but if we can't pump 3 past these diddies we don't deserve to be in the top 3.

Prob the best team to play at the mo, back to the attacking football, not sure the confidence will have been dented much from the Celtic game, still lots to look forward to and the introduction of Omar will add a little something to the mix, seen the lad play @ Bradford a few years ago, but he seems to have the added extra of being able to score the odd goal now and again.

Higdon will have a field day Saturday, i am backing a 3 Nil win. Higdon, Law, Humphrey goal scorers.