Keith Lasley - Is He Having His Best Season So Far?

David

igonre my previous posts ( which you probably did anyway ) i was unaware that they had changed the disciplinary procedures and of course no one ever tidies up on the internet so I was using procedures from last year.

I don't have the daily record or BBC over here to keep up to date with accurate information. :laugh:

Very interesting reading. It suggests that Jennings might be wise taking a yellow tomorrow night so he sits out the Celtic game. I don't know if the above's correct that he'd sit out 3 matches, but if not, I'd be happy with him missing Celtic and being available for Dunfermline again. Looks like Clancy is out for Saturday, so Hutch needs to avoid a booking tomorrow and it looks as if Craigan will be back in on Saturday.

No idea what to think with the Lasley situation, it's looking like he can play against Celtic but if he gets booked, will miss at least Aberdeen.

Not surprised to read about Black being the dirtiest player, just a pity the ref didn't deem to give him a yellow on Sat for the aforementioned "j) Feigning injury 3". blum3.gif

No idea what to think with the Lasley situation, it's looking like he can play against Celtic but if he gets booked, will miss at least Aberdeen.

Lasley is pretty much guaranteed a yellow against celtic. To beat celtic you have to get right in their faces, lasleys one of our players whos not scared of doing that

igonre my previous posts ( which you probably did anyway ) i was unaware that they had changed the disciplinary procedures and of course no one ever tidies up on the internet so I was using procedures from last year.

I don't have the daily record or BBC over here to keep up to date with accurate information. :laugh:

Daily Record? Accurate information?

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? crazy.gif

[counting chickens] Do we not want to beat Celtic so we can move above Rangers that day? [/counting chickens]

Haha, of course! Just trying to think how best to approach this. Do we put out a further weakened team for the Celtic game in the hope of getting suspensions out of the way and strengthening the team for Aberdeen, Killie and Rangers, or do we go for it against Celtic and risk having a weakened side for those games?

reading Tony's post has me confused.........well in as much as i don't know the official disciplinary procedures.........YET......... Lasley is already banned for hibs and dunfermline. A yellow against celtic just goes towards his next 6, right?

The way I read it from the STV link was that because he's on both the suspended list, and the "One yellow card away from suspension" list, I took this to mean that were he to play against Celtic and get a yellow, he'd be suspended again. This matches what he says himself on Twitter. No idea what the system is though, so I could easily be adding 2 + 2 and getting 16.

i think i read in another post that his twitter says missing Hibs and Dunfermline. Thats his auto 1 game ban for being sent off ( hibs ) and 1 game ban ( effective 14 days after incident ) for reaching 6 yellows.( dunfermline )

Google the document below. The guy from STV sent it to me this morning.

Scottish FA Judicial Panel Protocol

I love wee Keith and he's having a fine season - but think he's regularly over-rated on here.

Controversial eh?

I agree with the assessment that he's much better paired with Jenno.

I don't think that is the case, more that the level of appreciation for him exceeds what you might expect for his actual ability. People don't think he is the best midfielder in Scotland but he does a better job than the few naysayers would have you believe, has been pretty consistent ever since he first appeared on the scene, never gives anything less than 100% and has been around almost forever. Add in arguably best form of life and when you already the housewives favourite the level of Keith love is approaching messiah like status! If he bangs in the goal that clinches Champions Leagues or wins the cup he should be deified!

I don't think that is the case, more that the level of appreciation for him exceeds what you might expect for his actual ability. People don't think he is the best midfielder in Scotland but he does a better job than the few naysayers would have you believe, has been pretty consistent ever since he first appeared on the scene, never gives anything less than 100% and has been around almost forever.

i'm sure i remember someone saying he's no better than fitzy not long ago :laugh:

Agree with fact that Keith and Jenno work well together, when either is out or midfield is not the same. What he (Keith) has added to his game is that he is getting forward more (with Jenno holding) and some of his shots are getting on target, or near enough to be deflected in !! He is a great player for Motherwell and always gives his best, give him his moments fo glory and support the guys.

Imagine Keith is suspended for tonight, hope we just put Carsewell in as a straight replacement and leave the team the way it was on Saturday.

"more that the level of appreciation for him exceeds what you might expect for his actual ability"

If I was looking for a dictionary definition of overrated I'd be hard pushed

You missed the point or are being obtuse. Call it overrated if you like but even the biggest Las enthusiasts are realistic about his actual quality and contribution. Just there is greater attachment or man love for reasons beyond mere technical ability or whatever.

You missed the point or are being obtuse. Call it overrated if you like but even the biggest Las enthusiasts are realistic about his actual quality and contribution. Just there is greater attachment or man love for reasons beyond mere technical ability or whatever.

lol, you been watching Shawshank Redemption recently

agree Las has been fantastic this season, easily one of the most consistent midfielders in the country.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly didn't warrant a standing ovation by some as he was walking off the park today but I'll agree that he has been excellent for us this season.

However, he is suspended next week yes? Then when does this new suspension kick in and how long does that last?

Certainly didn't warrant a standing ovation by some as he was walking off the park today but I'll agree that he has been excellent for us this season.

However, he is suspended next week yes? Then when does this new suspension kick in and how long does that last?

I have to admit at the game didn't think it was a red from where I was however having seen it again possibly one of the few correct decisions made today.

The ovation was probably a result of the frustration and anger at the ref and his cronies.

I have to admit at the game didn't think it was a red from where I was however having seen it again possibly one of the few correct decisions made today.

The ovation was probably a result of the frustration and anger at the ref and his cronies.

Man love. Nothing more imo. If that had been Higdon or possibly any other player there would have been nothing but bile.

• Like 1