Jenno Betting Irregularities

Kris-A-Goalda

feck they bookie bastards..... try their hardest to get anyone to bet on anything ,corners ,offsides ,saves, first to gob on the grass ect..Then when they loose they whin about bettin scams.What about all the other times a load of bets have been put on and no one was sent off or gobbed on the grass , the punters loose ......dont hear much about that do we?:wank:

When did he call the ref a cheat? All I read was that he reminded him there were 2 teams on the pitch and that goes on all the time in football at all levels without cards shown. I've also seen plenty of players swearing at officials without punishment so I fully agree with Jennings that it was harsh. At no point did I read that Jennings felt the card was deserved.

I never said he called the ref a cheat. I used that as an example of another instance of a straight red being shown. However to my mind reminding him there are two teams on the pitch is accusing him of being impartial, therefore the referee had a right to send him off. Maybe some wouldn't have but to my mind he has clearly broken the rules of football during that game and therefore was sent off.

Breaking news on sky news 3 more men arrested in connection with the jennings betting scandal!!!!

scousers.jpg

free image hosting

Hey you calm down calm down.

They do though don't they though (to be said in your best scouse voice)

If he is implicated? Show him the door, tear up his contract........but at this moment in time as far as I am aware he has done hee-haw wrong.

As for the polis.......there have been plenty of miscarriages of justice over the years, just because they have detained Jenno today doesnt mean they actually have anything in the way of proof.

You DON'T know what he's done and neither does anyone else...... unless you've got an inside story that noone else has! And you're absolutely right there have been miscarriages of justice since the year dot, so what?! They're doing a job and he's implicated at this time, so let's see how it pans out before either hanging him or jumping to his defence.... As I said before MFC is who I support not a current employee...

You DON'T know what he's done and neither does anyone else...... unless you've got an inside story that noone else has! And you're absolutely right there have been miscarriages of justice since the year dot, so what?! They're doing a job and he's implicated at this time, so let's see how it pans out before either hanging him or jumping to his defence.... As I said before MFC is who I support not a current employee...

You've stated from early on in this thread that the polis will 'have something on him', so maybe you're the man with the inside information?

This is all conjecture, rumour, call it what you will, at the moment.

As you say, lets see how it all pans out....but I'd prefer to back MFC's player until we are given any sort of information that would suggest he is crooked, or acted inappropriately. I'll believe it when I see it.

Wonder if Jenno will ever play for us again, think about it... if he is guilty he has lost the club money and should not play again!

IF he's guilty he'll be going to the jail. Whether he plays for us again after that will not be an issue, contract will be terminated. Right now he's been released on bail until January so assuming the club stick by him and think he's innocent(I see nothing to suggest they won't) he will carry on doing what he's employed to do. Starting with Easter Road next week.

if he runs out at easter road and any subsequent game he'll get my support.

however if the club find out he's been telling porkies or see damning evidence then i would hope they would show him the door asap. i don't give a fuck about the bookies or the polis but if it turns out he purposely bailed out on us when we were deep in the shit last winter then i'll not be happy. everyone was quick enough to castigate tevez, getting sent off on purpose is probably worse.

he's a good player who seems very committed to the cause and watching him and lasley in tandem when they are on song is superb. i'd like to see him at the club for years to come but you have consider all eventualities.

Good post, that pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter in a nutshell.

I expect Jenno to get a full apology from everyone after this is cleared up. I cannot believe some of the shite I have read on here. If Jenno said to one of his mates, we have Hearts at home it's always tasty game it's live, so what. Whatever happens after that has nowt to do with him. Fully expect him to be in the squad v Hibs

If he does get found guilty and is banned from playing then surely we would be due quite a lot in compensation.Not quite at the Adrian Mutu level but he would owe Mfc quite a bit.

Obviously hoping that it's a load of shyte but if it's got to the stage of arrests being made then there must be something in it.

According to Scott Burns in the Express the S.F.A have banned Jennings until this is resolved which could mean he is out till January at least.

By Scott Burns

MOTHERWELL will be blocked from fielding Stevie Jennings until the police and Gambling Commission complete their investigations into his Fir Park red card.

The midfielder was arrested yesterday as police and betting chiefs continue their enquiries into the illegal betting frenzy that saw punters cash-in after he was sent off against Hearts in an SPL fixture back in December last year.

The betting commission asked Motherwell not to play the 26 year old until they had closed the case but the club refused claiming there had been no evidence to suggest that the former Tranmere player was involved in any way.

Now however the Scottish Football Association have stepped in to insist that Jennings isn’t involved in matches for the club until the matter is cleared up.

The move could be a major blow to manager Stuart McCall if the issue is not resolved swiftly as Jennings has been a big player in helping Motherwell rise to second place in the SPL

I have to say, I wasn't surprised someone got sent off that night. I nearly got booked sitting in the fucking Cooper Stand.

I'll be seriously let down by Jenno if true though, as he's one of my favourite players at the club.

Until then, if he is banned, who do we put in instead? Carswell/Forbes/Page?

(Leave Hateley at right back, he's our best right back by a mile.)