Get Your Butt Cheeks Along To Fir Park

Welldaft Mk1

We don't have a poor support. Our ratio of match attendance to population is the highest in the SPL.

I'd also disagree that we are seeing us "playing some of our best stuff in years". As much as i'll take the rewards that our league finish brings, i've actually no idea how we've managed to be fighting it out for 2nd place at various points throughout the season, as on the pitch it's not been memorable at all. Even most of the games we've won we've been decidedly average to watch even by our own standards. Over the season as a whole we've been remarkably consistent (which is normally what we lack), but highly unspectacular.

Again, that's not a complaint in the slightest, consistency is the key to success.... it's just not a season where i've came away from many games thinking "fuck we were good today".

I was saying that the other day, I think we've had more than our fair share of luck this season!

Is it me or was the football at the start of the season a lot more slick than it has been in the new year?

Doesn't matter what we do. you could open the gates and let everyone in free and we still couldn't fill the stadium. weve a poor support, always have had, more people leave Motherwell to follow the big two in Glasgow each week than come to firpark .

No they don't, very few actually go to games from Motherwell now. They all sit in the pub watching it on telly, lucky if there's a mini bus full leaves our town for each of them these days.

No they don't, very few actually go to games from Motherwell now. They all sit in the pub watching it on telly, lucky if there's a mini bus full leaves our town for each of them these days.

Personally I know as many OF fans that go to games fairly regularly as I do Well fans, although I agree it's armchair fans that seem too be a problem.

I'd also disagree that we are seeing us "playing some of our best stuff in years". As much as i'll take the rewards that our league finish brings, i've actually no idea how we've managed to be fighting it out for 2nd place at various points throughout the season, as on the pitch it's not been memorable at all. Even most of the games we've won we've been decidedly average to watch even by our own standards. Over the season as a whole we've been remarkably consistent (which is normally what we lack), but highly unspectacular.

i was thinking about this earlier on.

how many spl games can you say we played really well? the opening day, the 4 home wins in febraury and the first trips to easter road, tannadice and east end park. the first win over hearts we were rubbish first half but good against 10 men in the 2nd and you could maybe at a push include the win at perth in december.

so 8 - 10 good performances and the rest ranging between mediocre and diabolical.

Who the fuck says "butt cheeks"?

Oi - stop picking on me.......I can't help it I was born in the good old U S of Hillhead..............

How did I know this thread was going to be resurrected. Must have been full of Malt at the time.:evilgrin:

On a serious note though, just watching Sky Sports News and they are talking how St James Park (no Sports Direct p1sh) and Newcastle fans bouncing at the prospect of qualifying for the Champions League. ..................

well...............................................

We are in exactly the same position. Is Fir Park bouncing??? Are the Motherwell fans bouncing???

Do we deserve Champions league football? If we get circa 3500-4000 home fans on Saturday, I would (tin hat on) say no...we should have a full Cooper and East stand and create a decent atmosphere.

Get you ARSE along to Fir Park this Saturday........that better Jay?

We were better to watch the last time we finished 3rd.We've been hard to break down and decent on the counter, most of our success has come from that.We were falling away mid season until Ojamaa came in and gave us a boost but now we're falling away again, hopefully to late to make an arse of it.I've no intention of looking through every team but we probably do get the best atts % to population.There's over 10% at games which probably isn't matched by many teams anywhere.

I was saying that the other day, I think we've had more than our fair share of luck this season!

Don't know about that. All clubs have gripes with refereeing decisions. We were knocked out fo the CIS Cup due to a perfectly good goal being chalked off. On our last visit to Tannadice we were denied a stonewall penalty late on. Had that been awarded and IF we'd scored we'd now be some 2 points better off and United 1 point worse off. If anything United been very fortunate in the last month or two.

We haven't been relegated in almost 30 years. I said it was the best football I'd seen in years, not decades.

Played well at the start of the season and again when Ojamma first came into the side but mostly its been mediocre. Best team and football in recent years was played under McGee :wank: in his first season in charge, but then he had a better squad of players than McCall has .

Played well at the start of the season and again when Ojamma first came into the side but mostly its been mediocre. Best team and football in recent years was played under McGee :wank: in his first season in charge, but then he had a better squad of players than McCall has .

I liked Jim Gannons team :whistling:

Still do :evilgrin::thumbup: