Motherwell Fans Leaving Early - What's The Deal?

David

Santheman, there will be a monetary reason why the Celtic fans have such a heavy presence in ALL areas of the POD Stand and I appreciate that as well but I do think something will end up kicking off if they take a sore defeat. The irony is we are taking in more money from the OF but possibly less from our own fans. Might need to look into being relocated when they are next in town. I appreciate not everyone has the same option.

You're right, something serious WILL happen one day and I,m nearly at the stage where I,m thinking about just not going to old firm games because of all the hassle but then I think why the f**k should I ?.

Don't really have a problem with them being in the home stand as they can be contained to a certain extent and I suppose you can put up with all the shouts and comments for the common good. It's when both sets of fans leave at the same time and from the same exits that the atmosphere can be quite intimidating.

With all due respect to the majority of 'Well fans in the POD stand,they're not the type to want to react to provocation and that is probably why we,ve not really had any major incident yet but it could happen next time quite easily.

Don't really have a problem with them being in the home stand as they can be contained to a certain extent and I suppose you can put up with all the shouts and comments for the common good..... With all due respect to the majority of 'Well fans in the POD stand,they're not the type to want to react to provocation and that is probably why we,ve not really had any major incident yet but it could happen next time quite easily.

Sorry I do have a problem with them being in the home (POD) stand, and a big one at that. Our group of season ticket holders has the misfortune of having to sit a few feet away from them, immediately across an aisle. We also have to mingle with them in the toilets ands food kiosks. Now I'm not saying that every one is a trouble maker because they're not but a few of us had problems with them in the south end of the POD Stand today. So much so I've contacted the club about the situation. I'd be interested in what our "neighbour" Spiderpig has to say about today.

David - i presume you refer to everyone in the East Stand.......when its the most populated "home" stand, why do we only have one exit?

the POD and Cooper are empty nearly instantly, yet the East takes about 15mins

people cant be arsed with that, hence the reason why the area at the stairs is so populated for the last ten minutes of a game. People are happy to stand there and watch the remaining minutes.

after 90mins, loads of folk walk down to the bottom of the east stand and walk along there rather than the top - why are we not allowed to cross a 2m strecth of gravel and exit through the Cooper? too dangerous?

what is dangerous is trying to exit the East Stand - it turns into a bottle neck and it becomes even worse when the snow/ice comes in and the exit stairs are exposed to the elements

Sorry I do have a problem with them being in the home (POD) stand, and a big one at that. Our group of season ticket holders has the misfortune of having to sit a few feet away from them, immediately across an aisle. We also have to mingle with them in the toilets ands food kiosks. Now I'm not saying that every one is a trouble maker because they're not but a few of us had problems with them in the south end of the POD Stand today. So much so I've contacted the club about the situation. I'd be interested in what our "neighbour" Spiderpig has to say about today.

Dave - you may not finds that every one of them is a trouble maker, but every one of them does smell - so take a bar of soap with you next time and either - throw it at them

ask them if they recognise it

gesture at them for being soap dodging ...............

or shove it up their.......

On a serious note, i dont think the club will be too accomodating for you, we need the money and they have no where else to go. I think the club may well be apologetic towards you, but its never going to lead any where. Money talks. Even after the trouble of Skippy Sunday - nothing has changed

David - i presume you refer to everyone in the East Stand.......when its the most populated "home" stand, why do we only have one exit?

the POD and Cooper are empty nearly instantly, yet the East takes about 15mins

people cant be arsed with that, hence the reason why the area at the stairs is so populated for the last ten minutes of a game. People are happy to stand there and watch the remaining minutes.

after 90mins, loads of folk walk down to the bottom of the east stand and walk along there rather than the top - why are we not allowed to cross a 2m strecth of gravel and exit through the Cooper? too dangerous?

what is dangerous is trying to exit the East Stand - it turns into a bottle neck and it becomes even worse when the snow/ice comes in and the exit stairs are exposed to the elements

Look, it wasn't my intention to take a pop at anyone. It may have seemed that way, and that may be because I typed up the post shortly after coming home when I was still hyped up. If anyone is offended by it, I apologise.

I felt that the team gave a very good account of themselves yesterday, and felt that when they were joined by the manager in the centre circle after the game they deserved as close to a full house of applause as was possible.

It fucking killed me to see our players applaud a half-empty stand whilst "the greatest fans in the world" are still there to a man applauding that shower of imposters they call Celtic players.

I felt that the team gave a very good account of themselves yesterday, and felt that when they were joined by the manager in the centre circle after the game they deserved as close to a full house of applause as was possible.

It fucking killed me to see our players applaud a half-empty stand whilst "the greatest fans in the world" are still there to a man applauding that shower of imposters they call Celtic players.

thats fair point.............and i do agree they do deserve credit for playing well and battling away y'day. Having been to every game this season (apart from Hibs away) and following some of the players on twitter, I think the players know fine well the majority of the fans are supportive and without fail every week on twitter, they make appreciative comments of the backing they are getting

its just a shame the East Stand is past its best - but thats a different argument

Age old problem in the Main Stand, I remember not too fondly having my first season ticket seat in there, Old Firm games were a nightmare as our row was the last home row, they filled the rows behind us and lived up to their scum image every time, both sets. Lost count the number of times my old fella nearly came to blows with some of them cos of their shite.

So much for the policy of only having one set of fans in a particular stand although I appreciate the financial aspect. What's the answer though? I don't have one, Cooper Stand to me is major no-no, home fans do not attend in normal numbers for OF games so do we bite the bullet and cram us all into 2 stands so they can have the other 2? I'd say that's not a goer either, club are really in a Catch 22 here

more effort needed to separate the different groups if they are to be housed in the same stand.

and create a safe zone for our own fans, always plenty talk about looking after Motherwell fans, but nearly always falls done when OF come to town

hence folk stay away

• Like 1

It won't be popular but the sensible thing to do is give them the Cooper back. It's the lesser of two evils IMO and its sat half empty in most OF games anyway.

Not this old chestnut again!!!!

What is the other evil of which you speak?

What stand do you sit in?

We are not giving them The Cooper, it wasn't half empty yesterday, if anything it was three quarters full.

I and all the other Cooper season ticket holders have been through this shite before and we gave the answer.

NO WAY!!!!!!

P.S. I left early yesterday as we were 2 - 1 down, we just had a man sent off, there was 3 minutes to go and I didn't want to walk through the most arrogant bunch of manky b*stards in the world with my 7 year old daughter.

I hope that is O.K.,I'm really, really, sorry and won't do it again.

If we would keep the scum in (the other c*nts as well) for 10 minutes after the game then we wouldn't have as much of a problem.

• Like 1

We are not giving them The Cooper, it wasn't half empty yesterday, if anything it was three quarters full.

I and all the other Cooper season ticket holders have been through this shite before and we gave the answer.

Having home and away supporters in the same stand, which as mentioned before, is going to end in tears sooner rather than later.

The East. I'm not a season ticket holder either if that makes any difference.

All I'm saying is I'd rather see people moved to a perfectly adequate home stand than force home supporters to sit amongst that shower.

I did say it wouldn't be popular.

I'm afraid in these situations many fans adopt a self centred attitude. Its human nature and perfectly understandable - if an issue doesn't affect them personally then its not an issue. To quite a few supporters in the East and Cooper Stands having OF fans in the POD Stand is neither here nor there.

Santheman said yesterday "Don't really have a problem with them being in the home stand as they can be contained to a certain extent and I suppose you can put up with all the shouts and comments for the common good. "

Not having a go at San but presumably he or she doesn't sit in the POD Stand? Having to put up with shouts and comments across aisles is neither here nor there, but we're talking about more serious and annoying behaviour. I should know as I experienced it as recently as yesterday.

On the other side of the coin, many of our fans well know what it is like to have to sit next to the OF support.

Its a difficult situation for the club to sort out but ultimately the buck stops with the Police and in particular the match comander.

NO WAY!!!!!!

P.S. I left early yesterday as we were 2 - 1 down, we just had a man sent off, there was 3 minutes to go and I didn't want to walk through the most arrogant bunch of manky b*stards in the world with my 7 year old daughter.

I hope that is O.K.,I'm really, really, sorry and won't do it again.

If we would keep the scum in (the other c*nts as well) for 10 minutes after the game then we wouldn't have as much of a problem.

When i was quickly scanning over this i thought for a second you were going to say "We are not giving them The Cooper, it wasn't half empty yesterday, if anything it was half full"

Nearly spat out me cornflakes out until i read it again :D

When i was quickly scanning over this i thought for a second you were going to say "We are not giving them The Cooper, it wasn't half empty yesterday, if anything it was half full"

Nearly spat out me cornflakes out until i read it again :D

I did write that initially. :whistling:

Totally agree with this we have to sit accross the Aisle from these arseholes and listen to the sectarian bile for 90 mins, on Sunday they were constantly standing up, smoking in the toilets, and generally being arrogant knobs. What did the stewards do... Feck all !! We had them all singing "f****n army", " up the RA" "Fields of athenry" and many other "old Irish folk tunes". which if any one of us had uttered a single one of those words we would have been lifted immediately, but they get away with it week after week.

The situation in the POD for these games is becoming dangerous, i know its revenue for the club but if that is at the expense of the long term season book holders then its not worth it, give the feckers the south stand and tell them thats all they are getting.

The police, and stewards do feck all when either of the ugly sisters are at Fir park, but more particularly when Celtic are here, they are shit scared to upset them in case they run bleating to the SFA, Newspapers, Parliment, that they are being discriminated against, its time the authorities grew a set and stood up to them. But when you get an arrogant ginger haired W**K in charge and celebrating like he did on Sunday after the 2nd goal then what can we expect, if he gets away with it then the fans think that they are untouchable.

Its time The supporters trust started discussions with the club to get this sorted before there is a serious incident in the POD, but the club only see revenue so i wont be holding my breath.

• Like 2

POD v Cooper...........theres not going to be a winner. Some folk suggest, keeping them in the ground for 10 mins after the final whistle - wont work as it takes longer to let all well fans out the East - so that means you'd need to keep them in for more than 20mins. And no doubt, they would complain that home fans are allowed to leave the POD, when they need to stay in.

It would make better sense to give them the Cooper - means all fans are separated and would be easier to contain - but then I totally understand where Cooper ST holders are coming from - we've already said no to that one.

The club are NOT going to cut their allocation when we cant fill our own sections - we'd lose too much money - and thats what it boils down to.

Why dont we give them the East Stand? (thats where I sit) Its old, its shit and by putting them in here - it will take them ages to get out therefore all MFC fans will be long gone before they come out. (Nah, didnt think that one would go down well!)

Or by last resort, why dont the club offer free tickets to these games to all current/former/ex/retired SS hooligans? and put them in the main stand. That way, something is likely to kick off and the police will never let opposing fans in the same stand again? We had to fight for our patch before - it may have to come to that again