Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I know we have an international weekend before this game, but I thought we could get the discussion started early anyway. After yesterdays game with Celtic I have to say that I'm more than confident that we can come away from this game with at least a point.

I doubt McCall makes any changes unless he's forced to through injury, so we should only really see Clancy drop out through suspension. Hutch should be good to come in though, so there isn't too much to worry about.

Apart from that, I'd go with the same line-up as yesterday.

17 quid for a concession. Fuck that.

£23 quid for an adult as well. In one of the poorest (view and open to the elements) stands as well. Poor show.

We have a cracking record against them. Unbeaten since MM made that grave error of going up North. Not convinced they are as bad a they have been so I think it will be a very tight game. I think a draw would be a pretty decent result although we should be going all out for the win.

1-1 with Murphy getting our goal.

Aberdeen game being cancelled tonight means they go three weeks without a competitive game. Hopefully that hinders them.

aberdeen seem to operate on the pricing policy on the assumption that due to distance its only hardcore fans that travel so a few quid etc doesn't change their decision

they've always been a few quid above the norm, maybe it because they rate themselves as premium :popcorn:

they did however let some of us in for a fiver for our first game against the traitors, probably only out of common courtesy however

Feels like this season has been broken up quite frequently by these international breaks. Probably not but feels like more than last year and with me having very little Interest in our national team at the moment it's pissing me off. Another 3weeks till a home game, bullshit.

Think this game will be tricky. Aberdeen will be fresh as by the time this comes around will have been 3weeks since a game for them. They are a big physical unit and will bombard us aerially, glad Hutch will be playing. Fancy a draw for us at best. 1-1, Higdon the goal machine to score.

Clancy & Humphrey out Hutch & Daley in.

------------------Randolph

Hateley---Hutch----Craigan----Hammell

-----------Jennings--------Lasley-------

------Murphy------Law-------Daley

------------------Higdon-----------

This is how we finished the ICT game(apart from Jenno) and it was by far and away the most threatining we've looked in the last few games IMO. Hutch should slot into defence for the suspended Clancy without too much bother. I want to see Daley start a game, he made a difference when he came on against ICT and thought he looked quite good in his limited spell against Celtic. He's got a two year contract so might as well see what he can do from the start, he looks a bit stronger than Humphrey and the ball seems to stick to him more when it gets fired up to him. Bring the Humph on in the last half hour or so to stretch their tiring defence.

Don't think Aberdeen are a very good team, big and phyisical but little creativity. However they will be a threat from set pieces as all of their goals against United in their last game came from dead balls. If we can defend them better than we did on Sunday then I feel we can win this.

Motherwell win.

Feels like this season has been broken up quite frequently by these international breaks. Probably not but feels like more than last year and with me having very little Interest in our national team at the moment it's pissing me off. Another 3weeks till a home game, bullshit.

Think this game will be tricky. Aberdeen will be fresh as by the time this comes around will have been 3weeks since a game for them. They are a big physical unit and will bombard us aerially, glad Hutch will be playing. Fancy a draw for us at best. 1-1, Higdon the goal machine to score.

I know what you're saying from a personal point of view about the season being broke up a wee bit. Think of it from a club point of view though and it could be seen as being beneficial. Any players with minor knocks and twinges have time to recover which could in the long run prevent a more long term injury. It also gives our own players to get a wee bit of a rest too. I said after the Kilie game that I would take a repeat results in the second 11 games as the first and so far it's working thumbup.gif . If that means there is pumpings against Rangers and St Johnstone to come then so be it. yes.gif

I reckon Humphrey needs dropped. I thought bringing Daley in would give him a boot up the arse but it hasn't worked. Daley hasn't really impressed me from what i've seen but you have to give the guy a chance. So only change for me is Daley in for Humphrey and obviously the mandatory change of Hutchy in for Clancy due to his suspension.

I reckon it will be a tight game but hopefully we'll get a sneaky 2-1 win with a last minute winner to say get it up yae to that auld bunnit!

Vernon and A n other high profile player were suspended for last night's game, which will now carry over until next week.

Saints wanted to play this Saturday, Cops and SPL said OK but Aberdeen declined as 4 players away on International duty ....... all this according to Original 106 FM.

Vernon and A n other high profile player were suspended for last night's game, which will now carry over until next week.

Saints wanted to play this Saturday, Cops and SPL said OK but Aberdeen declined as 4 players away on International duty ....... all this according to Original 106 FM.

Was it not Rory Fallon and Ryan Jack that were suspended. I see Arnason may have a hamstring problem. Fact is more 1st team players missing for them, the better it is for us :thumbup:

Looking forward to the game. Meeting up with a Dons supporting colleague after the game. Better get a draw at least....

Not sure if them not having played for 3 weeks will make any difference. By then we will be well rested also.

I am feeling bullish.....so 2-1 to the mighty WELL :cheers:

Why not play both Daley and Humphrey, and drop someone else, i thought Humphrey played well against Celtic, lots of tracking back, massive work load. Murphy is not playing at his best either, but the team looked solid, the bigger picture would be, how would the team play with Daley thrown in the mix, at present why do we see the need to change the team i dont understand the rational. Yes Daley needs a chance i understand that but why do we need to change the team?

No doubt Daley has been playing bounce games midweek, McCall knows what he can do so i would leave it up to him, as he knows the team inside out, thats why we are 3rd in the SPL, with the start 11 we have got. Yes we all want to see him, why not go along to some bounce games and see what he can do, he is an International, so he has the ability, but putting him in just to see how he does, could upset the balance the team already has. I hope that makes sence. Colud Daley have a go up front with Higdon, and chop and change around that.

Clancy & Humphrey out Hutch & Daley in.

------------------Randolph

Hateley---Hutch----Craigan----Hammell

-----------Jennings--------Lasley-------

------Murphy------Law-------Daley

------------------Higdon-----------

This is how we finished the ICT game(apart from Jenno)

and Hammell getting treatment for the gash on his leg, so fuck all like the team which finished against ICT

i've got to say i'm very confident about this. we were miles ahead of them at fir park and i can't see them employing the same park the bus tactics when they're playing at home.

so far aberdeen have beaten ICT, dunfermline and dundee united after hegarty had been in charge for 10 days. they've only scored 13 goals in 13 spl matches. they are rotten.

if we avoid defeat it'll be 3 years and 9 games since they've beaten us which would be nice B-)

I know what you're saying from a personal point of view about the season being broke up a wee bit. Think of it from a club point of view though and it could be seen as being beneficial. Any players with minor knocks and twinges have time to recover which could in the long run prevent a more long term injury. It also gives our own players to get a wee bit of a rest too. I said after the Kilie game that I would take a repeat results in the second 11 games as the first and so far it's working thumbup.gif . If that means there is pumpings against Rangers and St Johnstone to come then so be it. yes.gif

The club's point of view is more likely to be financial, i.e, it's three weeks without income.

Thankfully the last game had one of our biggest crowds in years so there shouldn't be too much hardship. This is what really pisses me off about Internationals, they used to be on a Wednesday and matches took place on the Saturday before and the Saturday following, then we had games cancelled on the Saturday before, now the whole card uis canceklled and the games are on a Friday or a Saturday. It's nothing short of ridiculous.

The club's point of view is more likely to be financial, i.e, it's three weeks without income.

Thankfully the last game had one of our biggest crowds in years so there shouldn't be too much hardship. This is what really pisses me off about Internationals, they used to be on a Wednesday and matches took place on the Saturday before and the Saturday following, then we had games cancelled on the Saturday before, now the whole card uis canceklled and the games are on a Friday or a Saturday. It's nothing short of ridiculous.

I worded that wrong. I meant the team in general but I totally agree with your point.