Scottish Cup 2012

henry

I don't want to be a sore arse guys but 3 or 4 times in his interview on Motherwell f.c T.V McCall says that his first wish in the draw was that we avoid Celtic is it any wonder that the players go into these games fucking shitting themselves when your gaffer comes out with that sort of statement.:wallbash:

Settle petal. Take a chill pill. We have actually beat Celtic under McCall so what is your point ?

I'm as happy as anyone that we've avoided celtic ,but i just don't like it when managers say that kind of thing . I remember a time especially at home, even when we had poor sides and were not playing great we could still give the old firm a game .I now go into old firm games expecting a gubbing , our record as a provincial club against the old firm for many years was as good if not better than anyone in the league .FFS everyone is taking points of Rangers now except us.

I fail to see what any of that has to do with Stuart McCall saying what every Motherwell fan, player and staff member was thinking regarding the cup draw.

• Like 2

1328555782[/url]' post='328350']

I'm as happy as anyone that we've avoided celtic ,but i just don't like it when managers say that kind of thing . I remember a time especially at home, even when we had poor sides and were not playing great we could still give the old firm a game .I now go into old firm games expecting a gubbing , our record as a provincial club against the old firm for many years was as good if not better than anyone in the league .FFS everyone is taking points of Rangers now except us.

I know exactly what you mean! I remember when we played Steau in the Europa League and thinking that they have only been in Europe almost every year in the last 35 and enjoyed that revenue, and their squad wasn't all full senior international players (just most of them)' and that big stadium and all those tens of thousands of fans must be a buggar for the club to cope with! And I had also hoped that counting all their money from sponsors and tv might have meant some of the players were busy that night helping so like everyone else I was amazed we didn't do them 5 nil both home and away ph34r.gifph34r.gif

I blame McCall - get him sacked now!!

Ps. Staying on topic, excellent draw and more than happy with QOTS or the sheepies at home.......

I know it would be nice to be in 3rd place and to be taking points off of Celtic and Rangers but given the choice i will go with third place and zero points from the old firm.

Again McCall did make an unpopular statement at the start of the season that it's how you do against all the other teams and not against the old firm. Unpopular words but at this point can't argue with the man's statement.

Good draw for us but I hope some of the other teams do the heavy lifting for us. QoS to put out Aberdeen, Dundee Utd to put out Celtic. Taxman to put out Hearts!

Haha! Add in Taxman to knock rangers out of the title race and us to get champions league football. And you have a perfect end to the season!

What's the chances of it being at 3 o'clock on the Saturday now that it's Aberdeen?

Depends. If Sky decide they want to show a game, then they will get their pick, then the BBC would have one as well. But the Time and date will be determined on what slot is available.

Unless televised,it will be Saturday at 3.

What's the chances of it being at 3 o'clock on the Saturday now that it's Aberdeen?

Rather it wasnt on the telly. Aberdeen would bring a decent crowd and given wee Judas' appearance Id anticipate a healthy home support. Back to the good old days when the Scottish Cup was a big deal. Cant see it mind unless BBC go for Hearts v St Mirren.

Pretty sure Sky have the option of one other live tie, and the BBC have their choice to take up if they desire to do so. With that, I reckon ours will be live at some point over that week-end.

Rather it wasnt on the telly. Aberdeen would bring a decent crowd and given wee Judas' appearance Id anticipate a healthy home support. Back to the good old days when the Scottish Cup was a big deal. Cant see it mind unless BBC go for Hearts v St Mirren.

the £82500 is the equivalent of 4000 paying £20.

i think we'll have a strong crowd regardless of tv.