Maddest Celebration

gav212

I was on holiday at the time and we were watching it in an irish pub full of celtic fans. My mate ran round the pub with his top off when we scored the 4th. Was convinced we were gona get a bleaching until they scored their 4th. some game though

S'funny, I was on holiday that day too and in a pub in Hammamet full of Shellic fans. Was far from comfy at half-time, but you should've seen me do lap after lap when Kinni scored. They didn't celebrate much when they nicked the equaliser, more a muted cheer. After all, we won the second half every bit as easily as they'd taken the first!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the year but Davie Shanks scored to put us 3-1 up against the h*n at Fir Park after being 1-0 down. The goal was (wrongly) disallowed but I don't think anybody noticed for about 5 minutes as we were all going mental. I went from the back of the terracing (now the East Stand) and ended up falling over the wall at the front, happy days. :P

Cant remember the year either, but it was the last game of the season vs. St Johnstone, and the last game before the last terracing was demolished. They had to win by 2 to stay up, but only managed a 1-0 win awhich sent them down and got us into Europe. Crazy celebrations and possibly the quickest pitch invasion I have ever seen.

I was only about 8 or 9 an was highly confused as to way everyone was celebrating like fuck after a 1-0 defeat.

Up at Tannadichie in 93-94. Week after Freddy's nightmare when we won 2-1 with two classic oggys, it was the cup and the place was jam-packed. They still used the wee terracing bit in front of that "main stand" of theirs, and you literally couldn't squeeze a fart out there were that many of us in there. So you can imagine what happened when John Philliben smacked home the equaliser in the 92nd minute, we all went absolutely loopy. Best celebrations I think I can ever recall!

Bloody hell I missed this post the first time I read this thread and I also forgot about that game, now after a few beers and thinking back John Philliben equaliser in that game was mental, the racket we generated banging on the sheeting was loud, everyone was so hyper it was unbelievable. I had to check back to make sure I had the ticket stub for the game and was not just imagining it. The players left the park right under us yeah what a day. This site really does bring back some memories.

Bloody hell I missed this post the first time I read this thread and I also forgot about that game, now after a few beers and thinking back John Philliben equaliser in that game was mental, the racket we generated banging on the sheeting was loud, everyone was so hyper it was unbelievable. I had to check back to make sure I had the ticket stub for the game and was not just imagining it. The players left the park right under us yeah what a day. This site really does bring back some memories.

That was the day of the world's longest 'Sieb' chant I think. Was it also the day that Golac gave us the viccies and Brewster got 2 for them?

It has been mentioned already but Mio's header at the old Easter Road caused chaos on the terracing....

Slightly unusual - Owen Coyle putting us 1-0 up against Man United in the Masters Final down in Manchester. 'Well fans went absolutely berserk and my pint (which was almost finished to be fair) ended up about twenty feet in the air.

'Flow

I can't remember the year but Davie Shanks scored to put us 3-1 up against the h*n at Fir Park after being 1-0 down. The goal was (wrongly) disallowed but I don't think anybody noticed for about 5 minutes as we were all going mental. I went from the back of the terracing (now the East Stand) and ended up falling over the wall at the front, happy days. :P

Jonny - that might have been a Dave McCabe, header you are talking about - was that not also the Dickie Gough og game - though my mind may be playing tricks. Think that was the only goal Davie ever scored for us and it was disallowed. Signed from Airdrie (Spit) and blessed with blistering pace, but certainly not a finisher. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Skippy on that sunday hero (whank)

Fitzy on that semi hero

Van der gaag on that saturday hero

Coyle.its your party hero

Coyne.... Cobra hero

Dougie..all the time Hero

Kirky... Fife hero

Irvine....Lazy hero

Pettygrew........ Motherwell Daziel High Hero

Goldthorpe.....semi Hero

Deans............Hero

Any M.F.C. goal !

Guest mockchop
Jonny - that might have been a Dave McCabe, header you are talking about - was that not also the Dickie Gough og game - though my mind may be playing tricks. Think that was the only goal Davie ever scored for us and it was disallowed. Signed from Airdrie (Spit) and blessed with blistering pace, but certainly not a finisher. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
was this not 2-1 with baker chopped off?

was this not 2-1 with baker chopped off?

Mockchop - Don't think so - the game wee Dave scored in finished 2-1 (3-1 if the goal hadn't been disallowed. The game took place on 7 January 1989 (Wishart and Kirk scoring) - info courtesy of 'Well Again' - not my memory - though I could have sworn that Dickie Gough scored a lovely headed goal in that game.

Yabba - you got the video for that year - if you have could you check it out and put me out of my misery.

A late equalizer at Easter Road in 99 (I think), saw me chuck my Coke up in the air and go nuts!

Ibrox just over a year ago when Coach equalized was good too. I think I ended up nearly knocking one of McQ's teeth oot in the celebrations! :P

Guest mockchop
Mockchop - Don't think so - the game wee Dave scored in finished 2-1 (3-1 if the goal hadn't been disallowed. The game took place on 7 January 1989 (Wishart and Kirk scoring) - info courtesy of 'Well Again' - not my memory - though I could have sworn that Dickie Gough scored a lovely headed goal in that game.

Yabba - you got the video for that year - if you have could you check it out and put me out of my misery.

maybe wrong

For me, nothing comes close to the cup final 1991,the build up to the match, the game itself,everything about that day was just perfect,then it actually sinking in that we had won something,for those of you not lucky enough to be there take the semi final win against hearts,multiply it by 1000 and you would be getting pretty close to the celebrations,after the game,back at fir park ,next day at the parade,you couldnt wipe the grin off my face that whole summer.BEST CELEBRATION WITHOUT A DOUBT.and also the longest lasting

No you're spot on steelman 1991. Definitely a 2-1 win through goals from Wishart and a Dickie Gough oggy.

The bit I love in the highlights is Stevie Cowan strolling off the pitch arms aloft lapping up the acclaim as if he's single handedly won us the match when he's come on as a subby and barely touched the ball :P

Andy

Thanks for comfirming that - I was beginning to doubt my sanity and having checked the 'Well Again book, it quoted KIRK and Wishart as goalscorers. Remember Stevie Cowan coming off the park - his only contribution I think was a wild swipe at the ball on the edge of our penalty area near the end of the game when we were under intense Rangers pressure :P

Was opening day of the 99-00 season. Think it was Nevin who got the late leveller!

Almost....

Nevin pulled one back after about 65 minutes and Stevie Nicholas equalised with virtually the last touch of the ball. :P

Didn't big Dirk Lehmann score twice for Hibs that day?

In that same season did we not do the same thing again (score in the last minute) against Hibs at Easter Road? Seem to remember a freezing day at the old ground and we were stuck in the dingy old Main Stand. Pat McGinlay scored a cracking over-head kick with about two minutes to go and we equalised almost immediately after - Spenny smashing one into the top corner.

Remember my feet almost falling off with the cold at that game...

'Flow