Well Society

CoF

Just recieved an e-mail about this. Is that applications to it just started or have they been accepting them for a wee while? I see they are hoping to raise first £250'000 by March. Will they whole idea be chucked if this target isn't met? Given that it's coming christmas I doubt I'll be able to consider joining till at least February/March time. I wonder how many other people are in the same position.

If anyone hasn't got it....

The Well Society – Join Now!

After months of setting up, the club can now offer you the unique opportunity to be part of owning Scotland's community and family club. Our retiring Chairman has passed on his shares in the club and our new ownership model has been approved by the regulator. After 125 years a new chapter in our history begins now.

We have an optimistic vision for a sustainable and successful club anchored in our community. Please play your part by joining and giving what you can to make this a reality. Please also encourage your family and friends to do the same.

The benefits you accrue as a member start immediately and the Society itself will be incorporated when our minimum hurdle is met.

We don't know how much the membership scheme will raise – that is up to you - but we know we need to raise a minimum of £250,000 for it to be a viable proposition and we hope we can do much better and take us some way towards our financial cushion of £1.5m.

The benefits you accrue as a member start immediately and the Society itself will be incorporated when our minimum hurdle is met.

This is our moment. We can be part of the rejuvenation of our national game and show the rest of the footballing world the mettle that makes this a very special club. Lanarkshire has never been found wanting when there is work to be done. We have the chance to show positively what can be achieved when people take responsibility and show ambition.

It is our Club, now it can be in every true sense, forever.

For more information on the Well Society – CLICK HERE

Guess I'm not on the email list for this, wonder if its only for season ticket holders :ph34r:

For more information on the Well Society – CLICK HERE

link for anyone wanting to jump straight to the official sites 'Well society page

I'm still wanting to be a part of this, a month ago it would've been paid immediately, might need to wait until new year now to sign up but intend on being a part of it

I got three packs in through the door today, one with my name on it and the other two addressed to my maw and sister (who dont stay with me), must have used their names at some point to get tickets, possibly for the Cup Final. I'll pass the envelopes onto them but cannae see them being overly interested. Hoping to get me and the two boys involved in this in one way or another though, just need to fin away to whup £360 out of the bank account without the Mrs realising.

Aaaah multiple databases.........

I only got the two in the post yesterday. But when I won the Well Lottery a few weeks back, the cheque went to my last address, where I have not stayed for the last 2 years :blink:

That said I am somewhat perplexed at the timing of this. I would have suggested they leaked some info on what was going on and only when the FSA gave approval, they went full steam ahead with the marketing and fundraising effort. This way we were given details and there was then a lull of several months and now they have launched a few days before Xmas :mellow:

I just hope people have not forgotten by next year.

I will do my bit and I will try to get the old man to stump up, since I support MFC because of him!

must be!

one of the most important communications the club has probably ever sent out,

maybes we're on some sort of elite list?

It wasn't elite, you just had to sign up as an interested party. I think FSA rules would prevent an unsolicited email to anyone who hadn't formally registered an "indication of interest".