Motherwell Challenge Higdon 1 Match Ban Offer

gilmour

See, I agree that he's talking shite and is quite probably towing the party line, but really was he that bad a journalist? Are you sure your not mixing him up with Daryl King? I think, that Broadfoot managed to become chief football writer at the Herald at the age of 28. Thats not too shabby an achievment. Granted the standard of journalism is poor in this country, but he was much better than some of those who write in the red tops.

*Still a c**t though, obviously!

Nope he's a c**t despite what you might perceive as achievements in his chosen field. That to me just says he's a bigger c**t than the other candidates.

Could someone with a wee bit of computer savvy set up an on-line petition regarding the offensive statement regarding our club made by an official SFA employee that we could all sign and submit to the SFA ??

Easy to start something like that on twitter: bombard @scottish_fa with the hashtag #broadfootout

i think our club should take Celtic's approach, i.e. get some lawyer to kick their arse.

Mr Broadfoot stated on Twitter last night that the reason that the clubs are being hammered this season is because of the intervention of lawyers last season.

So, in short, Celtic get a lawyer onto them and they are shit scared to touch Celtic this season but will hammer every other club to get their revenge.

He couldn't answer my question about Higdon's gesture being completely ignored whenever Craigan does it though....

In reference to the disciplinary hearings after the Lennon and McCoist incident he said; "Disgraceful. Disciplinary committe bullied by QCs, hence changes at AGM".

• Like 1

So I believe that Broadfoot is the "SFA press officer", i.e. the person who makes the coffee, uses the photocopier, gets told what to write down, then e-mails it out to media outlets. He/She obviously thinks they are of importance within the SFA, but really, he/she is just the admin lassie.

So who's going to tell 'Flow that his job at Fir Park is "admin lassie"? :whistling:

SPL drops Hearts charge

Tynecastle club keen to move on after wage dispute

Last Updated: January 27, 2012 3:14pm

Tynecastle_2703682.jpg Tynecastle: Hearts are 'satisfied' with the outcome of SPL's decision

The Scottish Premier League has decided to drop its charge against Hearts for an alleged breach of rules. Earlier in January, the Tynecastle club were charged with "failing to behave with the utmost good faith" over the delayed payment of player wages.

However, a statement from the SPL on Friday confirmed: "The Scottish Premier League today announced that the charge against Heart of Midlothian FC for an alleged breach of SPL Rule A3.1 has been dismissed."

Hearts were charged after the SPL announced that wages were delivered late for a fourth successive month.

The claims were refuted by the Jambos, who insisted they had "documentary evidence" to confirm salaries of players and staff, including manager Paulo Sergio, were paid on time for the first time since September.

Hearts have now escaped possible punishment after the SPL accepted they were "acting in good faith" by instructing their bank to make the payments on 16th January, even though funds did not reach players' bank accounts until the following morning.

Payment

The SPL statement continued: "An SPL Board sub-committee determined that for the club to have complied with the order of 4th January, it had to have the players' wages in the players' bank accounts and available for their use by not later than midnight on 16th January.

"In fact the wages did not reach the players' bank accounts until the morning of 17th January.

"However, the SPL Board sub-committee found that the club's directors believed that, by irrevocably instructing their bank on 16th January, that was sufficient to make payment and comply with the order.

"Because the club's directors believed that they were complying with the order, Heart of Midlothian were acting in good faith. Accordingly the charge against the club was dismissed."

Responding to the news, a Hearts spokesperson said: "We are satisfied at today's outcome.

"Both the SPL and ourselves worked constructively to assess the circumstances that led to the hearing and we can now move on having resolved the situation.

"The matter is now closed and the club will be making no further comment."

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU STA\ND UP TO THE SCOTTISH FARCICAL ASSOCIATION

• Like 1

For all his ramblings, Romanov has had the SFA and the SPL sussed since day one. The "media monkeys" stuff and his comments on the way entertainment is being stripped out of scottish football is spot on; this week's carry on is just another shining example of it.

Perhaps if Kenny Black hadn't put it 'out there' that the crowd were giving Higdon a rough time then no-one would have considered his gesture to be pay back to the crowd. Possibly a lesson not to wash our dirty laundry in public.

Spot on mate!

Indeed. McCall wasn't too chuffed with black's comments. Lesson learned.

In fairness, Kenny Black is not the first Motherwell employee to raise this topic - McCall himself has had a go at the fans for it.

Cut out the personal abuse, no need for management to comment.

And here I thought it was only Celtic fans who were offended by everything.

I don't agree with Broadfoot and his comments and I do think he was towing the party line but......

The guy said, 'gies fucking peace'

Hardly the crime of the century!

Away and write letters to the BBC complaining about Jeremy Clarkson while you are at it!

• Like 1

And here I thought it was only Celtic fans who were offended by everything.

I don't agree with Broadfoot and his comments and I do think he was towing the party line but......

The guy said, 'gies fucking peace'

Hardly the crime of the century!

Away and write letters to the BBC complaining about Jeremy Clarkson while you are at it!

At the same time he's defending a poor decision to ban one of our players for doing something not very much. So if one crime of doing not very much is worthy of punishment......

That said he's lucky we're not Celtic fans else his erse would be oot the windae already. But then again if it were Celtic the SFA widnae be dealing with the matter in such a fashion, the media widnae be highlighting said 'crime' in the first place and Darryll fuckin' Broadfoot widnae dare say something like on social media cos he knows fine well his windaes wid be going in the next night. So when it's taken into context, aye he should be sacked :thumbup:

At the same time he's defending a poor decision to ban one of our players for doing something not very much. So if one crime of doing not very much is worthy of punishment......

That said he's lucky we're not Celtic fans else his erse would be oot the windae already. But then again if it were Celtic the SFA widnae be dealing with the matter in such a fashion, the media widnae be highlighting said 'crime' in the first place and Darryll fuckin' Broadfoot widnae dare say something like on social media cos he knows fine well his windaes wid be going in the next night. So when it's taken into context, aye he should be sacked :thumbup:

Broadfoots full of shite, no question.

Its just a personal beef I have with this country that the minute someone does/says anything that may offend anyone they have to be sacked!

As much as I didn't agree with Sep Blatter and his comments recently, (totally out of order) I did have a sly chuckle that the 'British sack him' brigadde, couldn't make it happen!

Broadfoots full of shite, no question.

Its just a personal beef I have with this country that the minute someone does/says anything that may offend anyone they have to be sacked!

As much as I didn't agree with Sep Blatter and his comments recently, (totally out of order) I did have a sly chuckle that the 'British sack him' brigadde, couldn't make it happen!

I have a major beef with an organisation who have done wrong by my club then one of their major players derides us for complaining about said injustice.

Rather than sack him I'd like to invite him to our next home game and offer him a seat beside us in the East Stand :whistling::evilgrin:

I have a major beef with an organisation who have done wrong by my club then one of their major players derides us for complaining about said injustice.

While I'd certainly get at least a rap on the knuckles if I'd said what he said in relation to one of my employer's decisions (even on my personal Twitter account, because my employer's social media guidelines cover that as well), is he really a "major player"? As the SFA Press Officer, I can't imagine he has any influence whatsoever on anything the SFA actually do.