Motherwell Vs St Johnstone...

Davie boy

Higdons ban might be a good thing in that in means the team can continue to mix it up a bit. With a front two of Ojamma and Murphy, there can be no long balls up the park. We are going to be forced to play it on the deck and to be honest, that will hopefully suit us!

Still would rather we had Higgy playing right enough!

Scottish football is screwed! Higdon is banned for an innocuous gesture yet earlier this season Gary O'Connor gets away with a blatant dive even his assistand manager admitted to. The SFA are ruining the game. If this was not highlighted on Sportscene Higdons name would never have even been mentioned. As amateur a programme as you're likely to see.

Oh well, at least it will give the Higdon boo boys a day off - unless they turn on someone else!

Scottish football is screwed! Higdon is banned for an innocuous gesture yet earlier this season Gary O'Connor gets away with a blatant dive even his assistand manager admitted to. The SFA are ruining the game. If this was not highlighted on Sportscene Higdons name would never have even been mentioned. As amateur a programme as you're likely to see.

Oh well, at least it will give the Higdon boo boys a day off - unless they turn on someone else!

Pathetic , Treacleteeth at Parkhead snarls, growls, boots water bottles about, invades the pitch and gestures his way through the game every week and a blind eye is turned,

Romanov is right , the Scottish game is bent.

• Like 2

Pathetic , Treacleteeth at Parkhead snarls, growls, boots water bottles about, invades the pitch and gestures his way through the game every week and a blind eye is turned,

Romanov is right , the Scottish game is bent.

Can't disagree with this at all. Corrupt as fuck. Scottish football has been broken on the back of SPL greed and SFA incompetence. Completely farcical league now.

Clancy and McHugh will hopefully take their chance and we can get a result here. I have to say it's impossible for me to predict this one as they've gubbed us 3-0 at ours. We did like wise at theirs. They've been playing well and scoring goals. We got back on track on tuesday.....Feck it 2-2. A point will do for me. :drinks:

Great chance to see a different style of football Saturday, be it forced or not. Who ever McCall chooses to fill Higdons boots, we wont be using the long ball into the centre forward.

OJ and Murphy sounds ok to me, playing 2 up top, but would not be overly bothered if McHugh went up there with OJ.

All the lads will be buzzing after Tuesday night. Two Forced changes.... I would go Humphrey and Clancy in, but could expect to see McHugh given his Opportunity to impress with a start. Either way we will see an inforced attacking line up, not relying on the flick ons, and slow play through the middle.

Plenty of pace, and i reckon with Law getting his goal we might see the spring back in his step.

Omar put a great shift in against Dundee Utd And his impact on Tues was fantastic,

Motherwell 3 St Johnstone 1.

Revised Prediction : Motherwell 1 St Johnstone 1

Humphrey with the goal...... After the 75th Minute.

We should be so pissed off about this Higdon crap that we should be really fired up and go out there and run all over St Johnstone.

My attitude too. Lets use this injustice to fire up both the players and fans. If the fans get fired up this will translate onto the pitch.

We'll miss Higgy for his physical presence and don't forget Saints are a big rough, tough side who will try to use their weight advantage. Suspensions will force us to change our style and we'll need to use pace up front. My pairing would be Ojamaa and McHugh/Daley. Jamie Murphy is too lightweight to play through the middle. Play the way Hearts did years ago - fine any player making a pass over head height to the strikers if it doesn't result in a goal.

I would go for:

Randolph

Hateley - Hutchinson - Clancy - Hammell

Law - Jennings - Lasley

Humphrey - Ojamaa - Murphry

Have a right good go at them and put them on the back foot.

I like that Team line up.......Prideoflanarkshire, cant see it though, They will find a slot for Daley somewhere...he has had a good rest now, so should be ok for Saturday.

Daley will probably take Higdons place. Clancy for Craigan.

3-1 'Well! OJ, Murphy and Law!

Got a feeling the goal on Wednesday will send him on a confidence high!

Think your right mate..... Daley, deserves a start spot. ... he cant do any worse than he did at Dundee. .. And McCall did sign him afterall (Bullet Proof).

Honestly if he plays which i think he will, it will go either way for him... Fantastic or pants! Daley when at Bradford had been used as a Striker on many occasions, think its a shame for both McHugh and Humphrey though, Mchugh out and out Striker.... Replaced by a winger and Murphy playing right wing when Humphrey plays right wing... and Scored on Tuesday.

But never the less even with Daley starting it will be exciting to watch if nothing else... this could be the new Motherwell start 11. Really looking forward to it.

I don't think Murphy will start up front. If we're going to play the same way as we did on Tuesday with Ojamaa playing off another striker you need someone to replicate the role(and presence) of Higdon. Murphy's too lightweight and the ball simply won't stick if it's played up to him. He lacks aggression and any sort of physical presence. Also he's too similar to Ojamaa, how long do you give it until they both go wondering looking for the ball and leaving us with no one through the middle??

I think McHugh will start as he's the only other 'striker' we have apart from Higdon. He will also despite his height offer more of a physical presence than Murphy and will play a more disciplined central striker role. The balls more likely to stick and he's got the aggresion to get stuck in and rattle a few of the bigger Saints defenders.

Randolph

Hateley Hutch Clancy Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Law

Murphy Ojamaa

That will do me. Daley and McHugh from the bench if required.

Can see this being a 2-2 draw mind you (Murphy double).

Bang on for me, and I'll be surprised if this isn't the approach tomorrow. Plus Daley was too poor in Dundee to risk starting, he'll be nursed back.

Us to win 2-0.

This board to go into meld down next week arguing about whether Higdon should come straight back in.

Bang on for me, and I'll be surprised if this isn't the approach tomorrow. Plus Daley was too poor in Dundee to risk starting, he'll be nursed back.

Us to win 2-0.

This board to go into meld down next week arguing about whether Higdon should come straight back in.

Daley will start tom...... just have this feeling... even though he was bloody awful last weekend..... He does not rate McHugh, he would rather play safe and put Daley in...(Jobs for the boys) type scenario.

Daley will start tom...... just have this feeling... even though he was bloody awful last weekend..... He does not rate McHugh, he would rather play safe and put Daley in...(Jobs for the boys) type scenario.

You loved daley a few weeks ago, whats triggered the hate? The fact he's got a football brain to go with his pace& shows your boy up everytime??

You loved daley a few weeks ago, whats triggered the hate? The fact he's got a football brain to go with his pace& shows your boy up everytime??

Actually i like Daley...... but he was bloody terrible on Sat, and i mean terrible, what has he done since then to merit getting back in the team? should he be selected... If you were at the game Sat, you should surley know what i mean... Not sure Humphrey done much wrong in his 9 mins on the pitch.... but if Daley does start so be it... just think that would of been a little unfare on McHugh/Humphrey....So no dont hate Daley.... he is an international.. only one in the team i think, so of course he will have a better football brain.

Is this you seeking to offer some balance in your arguments Dazzer. Balance in that its now Daley and Murphy now getting the bitchy wee remarks because they are getting the nod ahead of Hump?

Disappointing as it is to be without Higdon the positive it brings is that St Johnstone will have been forced to prepare to defend against for one of several possible attacking formations from us. If we're speculating about the possibilities than likely so will they.

I'm not sure how McCall will go the permutations all have pros and cons. Daley will give you a shade more height and unpredictability but is unlikely to offer too much defensively. Murphy has more experience and goals than the rest of the contenders for a place and would allow either Hump or Daley to come in, in their more natural position. Bob McHugh, whilst not having a huge amount of time on the park this season has managed to chip in a with a goal (should have been more) and the odd assist too yet hasn't quite cut it when playing from the start.

It's good that we have options, and the ability to mix it up further if the need arises.

Defensively though its an easy one with Clancy coming in for Craggs.

It was looking a tight fixture without the added issues of Craggs and Higdon's absences so I think I'd be content enough if we come out at the end of it, with no ground having been lost to Saints.

EDIT: Beaten to the Daley question.....and the answer! :lol: