Dunfermline Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

prideoflanarkshire

Biggest game of our season??

I, personally, fell this has to be the biggest game of our season... important to get back to winning ways and more points in the board.

With us playing Dunfermline and hopefully Hearts and St. Johnstone losing, can't see dundee utd losing, that could really put us in a good position for thrid, which is getting really tight.

I think this could be our key game this season and already nervous.

2-0 motherwell, law and murph.

Come on the 'Well!!!

Until third is certain, every game is massive, Both St.Johnstone and Dundee United smell blood and will not give up until it’s mathematically impossible to catch us. I have basically written off the remaining Old Firm games as a non starter, hoping that our rivals don’t take any points from these matches.

Its a massive game for us ............................................

They are allmassive games from now until we cannot be caught by the chasing pack. The PARS are now fighting for their SPL survive, which will make them dangerous opponents. However, they are utter shyte, so we should triumph.

Dunfermline are total cannon fodder, but they are fighting for their lives and possible existence going by some fans information on their dire financial state.

This will not be a walk over, but I do think their confidence is at an all time low and if we can get the first goal then it will be a rout. If they get it then it could be squeaky bum time.

Anyone who thinks that 3rd place is now a foregone conclusion is dreaming, there' a lot of work still to be done before we can even start to think like that.

That said though I reckon we'll win fairly comfortably on Saturday. 3-0 to us.

I'd better get down the bookies and stick a ton on a Dunfermline win then :(

• Like 2

Last time Hibs opened up a gap at the bottom, Dunfermline won 3-0 at Rugby Park. I expect them to be right up for it but if our approach is correct, our midfield should take control of the game. Wonder who will come in for Lasley this time mind you.

Don't want us to give St Johnstone and Dundee United any encouragement by dropping points here.

Guys did well on Saturday without being able to cut through the best defence in the league (stats don't really lie). Similar performance and we have the players to be able to tear Dunfermline (64 goals conceded in 29 games) a new one several times over, that's why I'm confident of the three points coming back along the M8 to Motherwell.

• Like 1

hopefully we take as good a support as we did earlier in the season and create a similar atmosphere which was cracking that day.id like to see humphrey come in for this game he was excellent last time at east end park with law playing beside jenno and murphy on the left.

• Like 1

Who are we missing this weekend, if anyone?

Dunfermline are still shipping goals, and I think we have so many goalscorers in Law, Murphy, Higdon and Ojamaa that we can at least outscore them, if not beat them with a clean sheet. Hopefully a similar atmosphere to the match in August, a highlight of the season for me.

Anyone who thinks that 3rd place is now a foregone conclusion is dreaming, there' a lot of work still to be done before we can even start to think like that.

That said though I reckon we'll win fairly comfortably on Saturday. 3-0 to us.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing MJC! :doh:

The plan was working. Dont change it now.

I demand you change your prediction to something far more pessimistic! ;)