Stephen Hughes

Half Man-Half BearPig

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This all sounds extremely unlikely as I think he is some way off being good enough to play for Celtic, although I hope he signs a new deal for us!

Papers don't have too much to write about so don't be surprised if this gets picked up by one of the tabloids and passed off as an exclusive.

spot on, came out in the papers claiming celtic had been noising him up and put too much pressure on him causing him to miss his pen, signed by the end of the week :whistling:

I was talking about his piece in the press 3 weeks before he signed, all about how happy he was at United, how settled he was and that money wasn't everything. A few days later........ its all about the benjamins

Strachan has no problem in looking at ex-Gers to bolster his squad, and given that Nakamura, Brown and Crosas are unlikely to be there next season, a new midfielder would be on his agenda.

That said I hope it aint true, I want Shug in Claret and Amber next year, but money and Champions League fitba talks.

Just managed to trawl back through this one and I've never laughed so much in a very long time.

Anyone who knows him and his family at all will be pi***ng themselves at the thought of him as a boyhood Celtic fan!!!! Nothing could be so far from the truth.

Tried to get a hold of his missus but, shes away on holiday.

But thing is, say he had to sign for them (or anyone Lanarkshire or Glasgow) I know he is happy settled here with his kid enjoying school and his wife at uni but, there wouldn't be any reason to move because he'd still be able to get to training etc.

That would be the only thing that I'd worry over if it had to be true..

Why would an experienced midfielder playing regular 1st team football sign for a team for whom at best would give him a few more months playing reserve league football, which is apparantley under threat of being scrapped next season ?

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/ind...amp;#entry32393