Hibs V Motherwell. Discussion

postiejim

Free kick yes, booking nah, considering what O'Reilly let go earlier. O'Connor should've walked. Griffiths should've been given a red card when he walked on the park just because he's an arse. Still, happy with a point considering how poorly we played for the bulk of the game. Cracking goal from Nicky Law.

He's pretty much had a stinker since he signed a long term deal.

Another case of Kevin McBride Syndrome.

i didn't see him have a stinker at East End Park

good performance from us in the 2nd half, less said bout the first the better imo. Great goal from nicky and another terrific performance from hutch. ill take the draw

Think Ojamma has gone off the boil a bit, but it's a bit unfair to slam him as a non-tryer because he's having a bit of a mare at the moment.

We missed Hammell so much today. Clancy did alright in the main, but offered little going forward, the entire game was played down the right hand side, when we could've and should've been getting at Doherty at left back. Can't believe it took so long to get someone out there to have a go.

Disappointed with a point, but given how the game played out, it'll do.

He was alright, can't agree that he had a good game though as he was playing left-back and he refused to use his left foot at all. If he's that versatile he should be using both feet. Centre-back / right-back for sure, he's a great squad member and I hope he stays on but poor on the left.

Ojamma is suffering the same as the rest of our strikers, seems we have big problems in that side of the 1st team coaching department, they have all lost much of their spark in the last 18-24 months

We've hit 22 in our last 8 home games. And with 42 from 32 games, only Dundee United and the gruesome two at the top have scored more.

It wasn't in response to your post.

That is fine then Jay. I am hypersensitive dontcha know

Excellent point after being 1 down for most of the match. Worried about OJamma, capable of a lot better and hopefully we will see him return to form post split.

Hutchy looking the dogs bollox. Sure there will be a few clubs watching him....

Not a great performance but crucially stops the rot. Bring on the champions!!!

We've hit 22 in our last 8 home games. And with 42 from 32 games, only Dundee United and the gruesome two at the top have scored more.

Yeah , I know , it's good isn't it :thumbup:

but whats your reply to my point that all the 1st team strikers have lost some spark in the last couple of years ?

I don't think we've lost any spark really. Players go on and off the boil, we're still scoring goals from other areas so I personally don't think it's a real issue.

A very good point....

And who was it that was banging them in non-stop 2 years ago?

Just back in, having some tea after the game. Not a classic but dug in well after being a goal down and got a deserved equaliser. A few players looking a bit tired out there, so happy enough with the point. Thought Randolph's positioning at their goal left a lot to be desired. He doesn't make many mistakes but I'd have to say that was one today. Made up for it by tipping Soares' piledriver onto the bar though. Good endeavour to keep pushing though and well done to Nicky Law for a great finish. Special mention to Omar Daley for reacting fastest to Hateley's hopeful ball and holding off his man to set it up. Great control by Law to bring it down and volley in though.

A few decent performances, thought Humphrey did brilliantly, Hutch also. Page did pretty well too, as did Higdon who mostly fed off scraps but battled away and linked up well with Humph. Felt sorry for Ojamaa as he put himself about and chased but was let down by one or two bad touches and some tight marking from McPake. Tried hard though and it'll happen for him if he keeps plugging away. Also thought Clancy did really well going forward, some nice runs and crosses. Hateley struggled with Sproule but did make some very important challenges, so can't be too harsh. Just needs to watch his tendancy to dive in.

All in all, a good point, and gives us some breathing room on Utd while matching pace with Saints.

Shouldn't really grumble with a point at Easter Road.

We've struggled to break teams down at home and away this season and Hibs made it very difficult for us in the final third.

Can't fault any of our team for effort. Carswell was largely annonomous and we definetly missed Jenno in there. I expected the Carswell/Daley switch to come earlier as we have nothing on the left and Law always seems to be in possesion in the middle of the park, as well as lacking the cofidence to put an early ball in from the left. Page done well despite the red card which he was unfortunate to pick up and Clancey looked resonably assured out left.

Do we have a full compliment for the next match? Got a feeling Las is still due to miss a game?