2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If we are knocking back offers, the board obviously has a price tag in mind. Broadcasting that to the media is meaningless.

And how exactly is that meaningless. It lets people know what is acceptable and if they are serious about trying to buy our players then show us the colour of your money and not try it on with stupid bids.

And how exactly is that meaningless. It lets people know what is acceptable and if they are serious about trying to buy our players then show us the colour of your money and not try it on with stupid bids.

if the club have a price in mind for hutchy they will have given his agent the figure and he'll be telling interested parties.

• Like 1

It's meaningless because it's obvious that the club will be telling the interested parties how much they want.

That won't stop low ball bids and it shouldn't; bidders should be trying to get the best deal But that doesn't mean the club will accept them. Negotiations don't take place in the newpapers.

not surprising he said no - but im glad the club actually asked the question - thats all we can do

if i was James McFadden, I wouldn't be signing for Motherwell! (just now) and here's my thinking...............

he's a top player who used to earn £25k per week ( i dont actually know)

now he may not get to play in the premiership again - but he can more than do a job for a top championship team who can pay at least £10k per week - he may not want to go there that much, but its his job and he needs to secure his familys future as much as he can

Well, he should go and sign for a team that can offer him that kind of money then instead of hanging around Fir Park using the facilities to get into shape.

I know it may not prove popular with the Faddy fanboys out there, but if he has no intention of signing with our club then he should move on and secure a big money move elsewhere. As someone said, if he uses our facilities to get into shape then fucks off to Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts he should be declared persona non grata at Fir Park.

If we are knocking back offers, the board obviously has a price tag in mind. Broadcasting that to the media is meaningless.

Dundee Utd did it for Goodwillie - and fair play to them

thompson said what he wanted, had the baws to stand strong even when £1.5m was offered - he still stood strong and got what he wanted

we need to do the same, let clubs/media know what we want and stand strong until the offer comes. if the offer doesnt come, fine - we've kept a good player

the last thing i want is to accept an offer on the last day then we struggle to replace him

We got more for the Everton sale of McFadden rather than when we sold him to them. So I'd guess we put a % sell on on all transfers now.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, that can't be correct.

Are you saying we got more from the sell on clause than the original £1.3m sale?

He went to Birmingham for £5m, meaning we must have had over 20% of a sell on clause. I can't see that happening.

I know it may not prove popular with the Faddy fanboys out there, but if he has no intention of signing with our club then he should move on and secure a big money move elsewhere. As someone said, if he uses our facilities to get into shape then fucks off to Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts he should be declared persona non grata at Fir Park.

I'm not quite a fanboy, but this is a bit of a shite attitude, for me. We've got a history of keeping players who were with the club and have a connection with the club involved. Its costing us nothing to have McFadden around, its not distracting anyone and having a guy thats been around English football would be a benefit, I'd think. More than that, he kept us optimistic during some dark days and ultimately, his transfer fee went some distance to keeping the club alive.

We don't owe him, but we're a club that keeps ties with those who have been involved and its the right thing to do. He clearly has an affinity with us, in the meantime, he's got to look after himself. I don't see the problem.

we dont have to sell Hutch this season, and i hope we dont seeing as he is the heart of our defense, especially for such a dismal fee. Personally, I cant remember having a such a good Centre Back who is so young at the club. Our star man is usually our frontman i.e. McFadden, McDonald, Porter, McCormack, Jutkiewicz, but i genuinely think Hutch is the best player at our club atm and the best weve had since McCormack. For me, no less than 1 million.

we dont have to sell Hutch this season,

but we do Have to sell someone this season, and the player that usually generates most interest is the star player or the one that demonstrates the most potential

and you've pointed out who you think that is B-)

I have no idea how bad or good the clubs finances are but with 2 years left on his contract I'd be really pissed off if we sell Hutch for a less than £700,000 with a sell on clause. The guy has the potential to be a future English internationalist and will play at the highest levels of the game.

I can't think of another player at our club who has the potential to increase in value over the next season as much as Hutch, yes he will only have 1 season left on his contract but if he continues to improve - and who would bet against him doing so - and with another seasons experience under his belt, selling him next season could net us one heck of a lot of cash from a premiership team.

Bottom line for me is that if we sell him cheap this window, the club better come out with one hell of a good reason for doing so or I'll lose all faith in the board and what they're trying to achieve!

but we do Have to sell someone this season, and the player that usually generates most interest is the star player or the one that demonstrates the most potential

and you've pointed out who you think that is B-)

Based on our lack of selling the last couple of seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to sell 2 players.

Based on our lack of selling the last couple of seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to sell 2 players.

I was going to type sell at least one player

It's probably quite realistic if we get the chance to sell, more than one will go

But do think it's a case of ''have'" to sell one

Dont think we NEED to sell anyone. Otherwise the bids for Law and Hutch wouldnt have been turned down.

Has to be a good thing as it means we no longer have to accept derisory offers out of sheer desperation.

Big problem will be if decent bids come in late and Stuart McCall doesnt get the time to bring in decent replacements.

The SPL club cannot loan outside the international transfer window unless special dispensation is given. McCall was talking about loans after the match and how hard it is to match the English leagues because clubs are now looking for six figure sums (at least) for loans along with players and clubs look for 30-93 day loans only.

I'm not quite a fanboy, but this is a bit of a shite attitude, for me. We've got a history of keeping players who were with the club and have a connection with the club involved. Its costing us nothing to have McFadden around, its not distracting anyone and having a guy thats been around English football would be a benefit, I'd think. More than that, he kept us optimistic during some dark days and ultimately, his transfer fee went some distance to keeping the club alive.

We don't owe him, but we're a club that keeps ties with those who have been involved and its the right thing to do. He clearly has an affinity with us, in the meantime, he's got to look after himself. I don't see the problem.

I agree Faddy was great for us in our hard times so why shouldn't we help him out now? I think we are a centre mid and forward short for this season, I hope we can get atleast 1 in before the window closes. The noises seem to be we have more money than we first thought we would after the rangers saga, times running out, especially with euro game on thurs, any1 think we can push through a signing or 2? If so who do u want? And be realistic lol Messi a bit out of our price range lol

faddy'll come - wait and see.

I heard that the offer was knocked back cos faddy found out that he wouldn't be the top earner at the club on his contract offer - cue the rejection. If hutch or anyone else goes for a decent price, expect this to be revisited.

The whole squad needs to go, undefeated so far in the league but not nearly good enough judging by comments on here.

According to the father and son cheerleading team behind me yesterday we've signed some guy called Heffernan on loan, but he's worse than a man down apparently so that'll be a waste.

For the removal of doubt, that was sarcasm and they were hounding Hetherington but couldn't even pay him the respect of getting his name right or have the basic knowledge to realise he was a young guy making his debut from the youths.

I'm not convinced the McFadden deal is as dead as the reports suggested last week, McCall's comments indicated that both he and McFadden were keen to deal but some details needed ironing out. I'll still be surprised if he signs, but I just don't think it's completely dead.

A central midfielder is a must though.

faddy'll come - wait and see.

I heard that the offer was knocked back cos faddy found out that he wouldn't be the top earner at the club on his contract offer - cue the rejection. If hutch or anyone else goes for a decent price, expect this to be revisited.

So you really think that the stumbling block is not Faddy dropping £18k off his weekly wages, but the Captain Keith will be on £300 more than him per week?? :blink:

So you really think that the stumbling block is not Faddy dropping £18k off his weekly wages, but the Captain Keith will be on £300 more than him per week?? :blink:

No. Not at all.

It's a rumour thread though, ain't it? Just re-typing what I was told yesterday.