2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

The whole squad needs to go, undefeated so far in the league but not nearly good enough judging by comments on here.

According to the father and son cheerleading team behind me yesterday we've signed some guy called Heffernan on loan, but he's worse than a man down apparently so that'll be a waste.

For the removal of doubt, that was sarcasm and they were hounding Hetherington but couldn't even pay him the respect of getting his name right or have the basic knowledge to realise he was a young guy making his debut from the youths.

I'm not convinced the McFadden deal is as dead as the reports suggested last week, McCall's comments indicated that both he and McFadden were keen to deal but some details needed ironing out. I'll still be surprised if he signs, but I just don't think it's completely dead.

A central midfielder is a must though.

I think we have struggled to link midfield and attack so far but we have been playing 3 games a week and the Euro teams are top quality, def optimistic on the season though think 2/3 between us and Dundee Utd, hopefully we get Faddy and they lose Russell, that would be ideal lol but apart from Faddy, transfer targets no1 in the Spl that we could realistically afford, imo wouldnt improve the starting 11, hope McCall can find gem pronto lol Viva Mwell, see u in Valencia lol

The problem we have now if we bring anyone in is, if they are permanant signings, they'll be free transfers. What have they been doing to keep themselves fit? If we sign McFadden - at least we know he's been training, and will only suffer from match sharpness - others may not have had the same opportunity to have facilities available to them.

As for getting loan signings, it depends if anyone else would want them. Premiership/Championship side sends player on loan to us and get £0 for it or send to other Premiership/Championship/League 1 side and get a few hundred grand for their trouble. Really a no brainer.

They also have the whole fact if it is a loan to another English side, they have an option of sending them for between 30-93 days without it adding to playing for another club if they choose to use him/sell him/loan him out again to another English club.

The problem we have now if we bring anyone in is, if they are permanant signings, they'll be free transfers. What have they been doing to keep themselves fit? If we sign McFadden - at least we know he's been training, and will only suffer from match sharpness - others may not have had the same opportunity to have facilities available to them.

As for getting loan signings, it depends if anyone else would want them. Premiership/Championship side sends player on loan to us and get £0 for it or send to other Premiership/Championship/League 1 side and get a few hundred grand for their trouble. Really a no brainer.

They also have the whole fact if it is a loan to another English side, they have an option of sending them for between 30-93 days without it adding to playing for another club if they choose to use him/sell him/loan him out again to another English club.

All this plus English clubs can recall loan players at any time if they are at another English club. If they are in Scotland, they have to wait until the end of the loan period.

or

Motherwell - Have reportedly taken Greek midfielder Andreas Labropoulos on trial after he failed to win a deal with Rangers.

Greek midfielder Andreas Labropoulos has looked to the SPL after he ended his trial with Rangers who are struggling with life in the bottom tier.

then one in greek that roughly translates he's on trial with experienced European side Motherwell FC :laugh:

1346098795[/url]' post='357834']

Noticed on SSN that Clubfoot is close to agreeing a deal to leave Sevco. Surely we wouldn't be signing him?

Well, he had a great season at St.Mirren and he is still living of that in my honest opinion. I'd probably sign him if the money would be ok. I guess he was on a healthy wage.