2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

600k plus is where I'd be starting the negotiations for hump ]

:lol: What do you mean, 'starting the negotiations', as if in some way we're going to slap a price on him, then get more than that?

He's worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay, regardless of what we think they're worth. All reports from the club say we need to sell a player, however you look at it. If we get an offer of £2/300k for a player in the last year of their contract, they'll almost certainly be gone.

Out of contract players, not that I seriously suggesting we looking at the select few on that list. But goes to show there surely some out there that we should be looking at if some of these guys and your Faddy's aren't flooded with offers.

Out of curiosity can we afford 80-90% less than what a Clark Carlisle was on at Preston last season as a Hutch replacement?

Back page of the record this morning claims that Celtic are after the hump!! Apparently £200k will be enough to get him!!

Back to the good old robbing bastard days!

Celtic's bid for Johnny (2 million quid) Russell was 500k.

I like Hump, but I think he would be bench warming with that crew.

humphrey is yet to kick a ball for us this season and his substitute appearance on sunday had all his usual signatures: no positional awareness, giving the ball away and gutless.

i'd give him to celtic just to get him off the wage bill. £200k for a guy who has played 1 and a half good games in 2012? this time it's us who are bumping celtic.

• Like 4

imho the rumours and confirmations of reported interest or bids on our players is a step forward, in whats required to increase the clubs visibility and help take us forward another small step

McCall confirming Celtic enquired about Chris a couple of weeks ago, just publicises hes available at a price, right now it looks like we're desperate as it unusual even to us as fans seeing it and it also keeps us informed that we're looking to sell more than one player

anything in the region of a few hundred thousand + incentives for Chris should be taken

I think folk are getting carried away with valuations, whilst more is always better, its got to be realistic, compared to signing fee, wages, length of contract, performance to date and potential

Chris Humphrey to Celtic would be a great move for the player, even if he did sit on the bench, he's a family guy 24 years old, peaked within our coaching capability and whilst Celtic are primarily a domestic club they are still a higher level in terms of structure pay rates etc than I'd most of us would expect for Chris, and no doubt in a few years,, even if he was only ever a squad player he would get a decent move if only even based on him being a former celtic player

• Like 1

I don't think £200k for hump is bad business at all, he has attributes (ie pace) that can tear teams apart on occasion, but he doesn't appear to know how to use it unfortunately.

Add to that, law, ojamma, murphy and Daley can all play that position, if that's a genuine offer, we'd be daft not to take it.

Remember a couple of years back we sold Paterson, and bought back hammell with a £100k profit. If we were able to do something similar, or even free up wages to bring someone in, would be fine with me.

Edited to add: great for Humphrey his wages would double, treble, maybe quadruple if he went to Celtic, I presume he wouldn't be eligible for the champions league though, which may be a small stumbling block??

• Like 1

Remember a couple of years back we sold Paterson, and bought back hammell with a £100k profit. If we were able to do something similar, or even free up wages to bring someone in, would be fine with me.

Edited to add: great for Humphrey his wages would double, treble, maybe quadruple if he went to Celtic, I presume he wouldn't be eligible for the champions league though, which may be a small stumbling block??

Take Slane? :ph34r:

I'd imagine a greater stumbling block would be that he can't cross properly, rather than his eligibility.

Bump them up to 300-400k and I'm all good with that.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, bags of pace, pops up with a goal or two, not to mention Dazzer's soulmate, but I would prefer if we brought in someone who can consistently control and cross a ball.

However, as things stand, this is all just Daily Record speculation at the moment.

maybe the price is, but the approach by Celtic was talked about by McCall

so its now up for debate, and for a player on his last year, that we signed on a free , on moderate footballing wages, that is inconsistent at best and definitely needs better coaching than we give

£200k is pretty decent starting point

maybe the price is, but the approach by Celtic was talked about by McCall

so its now up for debate, and for a player on his last year, that we signed on a free , on moderate footballing wages, that is inconsistent at best and definitely needs better coaching than we give

£200k is pretty decent starting point

I don't disagree that £200k is a decent starting point either, it all depends whether Humphrey wants to swap a pretty much guaranteed starting spot (when fit) for a likely squad place. I get that the wages etc would be better, but it's sometimes not all about that.

For me, I'll be surprised if this happens, but if £200k allows us to sign a couple of players to bolster the squad then fair enough.

I don't think £200k for hump is bad business at all, he has attributes (ie pace) that can tear teams apart on occasion, but he doesn't appear to know how to use it unfortunately.

Add to that, law, ojamma, murphy and Daley can all play that position, if that's a genuine offer, we'd be daft not to take it.

If we got £200 for Humphrey and used half of that to get Jim O'Brien back at Fir Park that would be a great deal.

If 200k is enough for one of our starting 11 then fuckin hell we must be circling the plug. 200k and you are all happy with that? What the fuck is going on here? How can anyone honestly see that as anything other than insulting?

This isn't champ manager, fantasy football or man city we are talking about. £200k for a player who can sign a pre-contract in January is good money.

All but the top young SPL players are basically worthless in the transfer market, as most are on short deals, and move from team to team when out of contract, that's how we bring them in too.

If you think we should be holding out for much more than £200k for Humphrey, you're deluded sadly, that's the market we are in.

I don't disagree that £200k is a decent starting point either, it all depends whether Humphrey wants to swap a pretty much guaranteed starting spot (when fit) for a likely squad place. I get that the wages etc would be better, but it's sometimes not all about that.

For me, I'll be surprised if this happens, but if £200k allows us to sign a couple of players to bolster the squad then fair enough.

I think its a non starter as well

but not much else to talk about regarding moves......

and nothing wrong with seeing what planet folk are on regarding speculated valuations

If we got £200 for Humphrey and used half of that to get Jim O'Brien back at Fir Park that would be a great deal.

No chance this will ever happen, as much as I want it too. Theres no way we could match his wages and it would take a lot more that 100k to get him.