2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If we got £200 for Humphrey and used half of that to get Jim O'Brien back at Fir Park that would be a great deal.

double it and I dont think we would be able to afford Jim O'Brien and this stage, even if he's injured ( which he currently is)

Edit: doh! assumption you typed £200k

humphrey is yet to kick a ball for us this season and his substitute appearance on sunday had all his usual signatures: no positional awareness, giving the ball away and gutless.

i'd give him to celtic just to get him off the wage bill. £200k for a guy who has played 1 and a half good games in 2012? this time it's us who are bumping celtic.

Pretty unfare on Humphrey, with regards Sunday Subs appearance, Created more space for others on Sunday, Put a ball on a plate for Higdon to win the game, while one up, only to see it blazed over the bar (No mention of that)

Beat two defenders on Thursday, put a ball straight across the 6yard box, which only needed one of Oj or Higgy to use there noggin and we were back in the tie. ~(Its all fine margins) on that occasion it never worked out. But because it never he was labeled shite.

Missed out on a one/two with Higdon which would of left him one on one with the keeper, as Higgy couldnt return the pass.

And to say he was gutless was a million miles from the truth.

He might not be on top form, but he is still creating chances, which could of seen us top of the SPL and only 2;1 down on the European front.

When he managed to get to the byline on Thurs, and managed to mishit his cross straight to the keeper he was berated by Higdon which was clear to see to everyone, some might say rightly so.

When Higdon never managed to stretch his foot out to get on the end of his cross against Levante, what reaction did Humphrey give him,,,,, Nothing he just got on with it.

Sunday putting what would of been proved a winner on a plate for Higdon, of which he blazed over the bar... what reaction did Humphrey give him ... Nothing he just got on with it.

And for the record i could of scored Higdons chance Sunday!

Pretty unfare on Humphrey, with regards Sunday Subs appearance, Created more space for others on Sunday, Put a ball on a plate for Higdon to win the game, while one up, only to see it blazed over the bar (No mention of that)

Beat two defenders on Thursday, put a ball straight across the 6yard box, which only needed one of Oj or Higgy to use there noggin and we were back in the tie. ~(Its all fine margins) on that occasion it never worked out. But because it never he was labeled shite.

Missed out on a one/two with Higdon which would of left him one on one with the keeper, as Higgy couldnt return the pass.

He might not be on top form, but he is still creating chances, which could of seen us top of the SPL and only 2;1 down on the European front.

When he managed to get to the byline on Thurs, and managed to mishit his cross straight to the keeper he was berated by Higdon which was clear to see to everyone, some might say rightly so.

When Higdon never managed to stretch his foot out to get on the end of his cross against Levante, what reaction did Humphrey give him,,,,, Nothing he just got on with it.

Sunday putting what would of been proved a winner on a plate for Higdon, of which he blazed over the bar... what reaction did Humphrey give him ... Nothing he just got on with it.

And for the record i could of scored Higdons chance Sunday!

No you couldn't have.

very unlikely, but if the week ended with us receiving 200k for Humphrey with add-ons etc, and then Ryan Stevenson in on a permanent deal, i would be well chuffed. Stevenson can play off the striker, in midfield or up front by himself, and Humphrey has not been good at all lately and with him running out of contract next summer its the best were going to get for him, like it or not

One of the two defenders he beat actually slipped and fell over while the other one was done by sheer pace, while it was an absolutely fantastic ball he put in the box, it is literally the only good thing he has done this season so far. Also the ball was along the deck so no idea how Ojamaa or Higdon could of used there noggin..

The fact you can remember every single thing that could of possibly be taken as a positive from all of Humphreys performances show how pish he has been lately.

His performance against Pana at home to me was very gutless, completely hid, never wanted the ball and when he did get it did hee haw, the guy goes into hiding in the middle of a game when things go against him or he suddenly shites himself and its a bit of a liabilty to be honest

Don't know if its been mentioned but Kirk Broadfoot's contract has been made null and void by rangers... think he would be worth a shout

although i agree with you, McCall ruled this out today:

Meanwhile McCall has dismissed speculation with Kirk Broadfoot following the defender’s departure from Rangers.

He said: “I don’t know where these links come from, I really don’t. No disrespect to Kirk who has been a fine player but he’s certainly not one that we’ve discussed “

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/187726-motherwell-boss-admits-celtic-made-enquiry-over-winger-chris-humphrey/

That's pretty encouraging stuff about Stevenson if the club can sort it out. He did pretty well as I recall at Tynecastle.

A thought though. Were Ipswich not one of the teams someone posted (or perhaps it was on Twitter) further up the thread that were seemingly keen on Murph?

2 + 2 = ?

A thought though. Were Ipswich not one of the teams someone posted (or perhaps it was on Twitter) further up the thread that were seemingly keen on Murph?

Assuming it would be money (either up front or as add-ons) as well as Ryan Stevenson - rather than a straight swap - I'd be perfectly happy with that.

2 + 2 = ?

Might be. According to wiki, he signed an 18 month contract at Ipswich in January this year, and that would suggest a transfer fee would be required or some sort of deal needs to be made. Unless they are just wanting to offload him to clear the decks.

Might be. According to wiki, he signed an 18 month contract at Ipswich in January this year, and that would suggest a transfer fee would be required or some sort of deal needs to be made. Unless they are just wanting to offload him to clear the decks.

According to quotes they only paid £50,000 for him. He only started 12 games and scored 1 goal. Their fans have him down as another "poor Jewell signing"! If he came on board and replicated his Hearts from I would more than happy.