2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Is SM the new Arsene - told he has money to spend but doesn't want to spend? Squad may be ok but surely if money is available we should be looking to bring in?

Surely it's a sensible approach. If there's no one out there within our budget who would improve the squad then surely he'd be wasting our money.

Better keeping money in the bank than bringing in someone for the sake of it, only for fans to label him a waste of a wage in a few weeks time...

• Like 2

thats that then.no new faces.

Did he not say at last year just before we signed Clancy?

And he had said we couldn't sign anyone before we signed Ojamaa. And then, after we signed him he signed we couldn't afford to pay him more, just before we paid him more.

Did he not say at last year just before we signed Clancy?

And he had said we couldn't sign anyone before we signed Ojamaa. And then, after we signed him he signed we couldn't afford to pay him more, just before we paid him more.

There is that possibility. Maybe playing his cards close to his chest following what happened with Stevenson? But if we keep the squad we have, I'll be happy. I could even live with losing Hutchinson given defence is where we have most cover...

All McCall's statement means is that we won't be getting any loans in. We wouldn't be paying a fee anyway so the transfer window doesn't really affect a club our size.

In the next few weeks we may see some out of contract players lower their expectations if they still have no club and it's them we would be more likely to sign.

Waiting for the McFadden rumours to start again now :whistling:

Is SM the new Arsene - told he has money to spend but doesn't want to spend? Squad may be ok but surely if money is available we should be looking to bring in?

I have no doubt we've been looking. But unbelievable as it may seem to us, not everybody wants to play for Motherwell, on Motherwell's terms.

Maybe waiting to see what the 'out of contract' options are, after the window closes.

Still feel we lack in midfield and playing Law central is reducing the chances created up front.

Someone who will take a pop at goal from distance would be welcome also.

Surely it's a sensible approach. If there's no one out there within our budget who would improve the squad then surely he'd be wasting our money.

Better keeping money in the bank than bringing in someone for the sake of it, only for fans to label him a waste of a wage in a few weeks time...

Exactly correct. There's no point pishing money away just so that we can say we made a signing. There's every chance that we'd be able to pick up someone out of contract after the window has closed as well.

None in, none out? Strong possibility.

Was certain someone would be sold this window. Who can sign precontracts in January? Randolph, Murphy, Law? Humphrey perhaps. Hutch?

Correct on all of those with the exception of Hutchinson who has two years left on his contract, I think...

None in, none out? Strong possibility.

Was certain someone would be sold this window. Who can sign precontracts in January? Randolph, Murphy, Law? Humphrey perhaps. Hutch?

I think.. Humphrey, Hateley, Law, Higdon, Murphy, Randolph. No-one important.. :ph34r:

I think.. Humphrey, Hateley, Law, Higdon, Murphy, Randolph. No-one important.. :ph34r:

Hopefully by next summer we can replace at least two of those players from within the club. Hateley with Devlin and Law with Hetherington. If Hollis is still with us, he'll be fine for goalkeeper. Humphrey, Murphy and Higdon might be more problematic, but I wouldn't rule out Higdon re-signing. So maybe looking at replacing two players. So basically the same as this summer...

If nobody leaves then I can live with what we have. If what we have doesn't get us 3 points on Sunday then I may have to revise that though....

Certain players do have to start hitting a bit of form though as "going with what we have" is entirely dependant on that.

Problem is, and as painful as it is, for the club to survive we need to sell someone and of the players that are likely to go all but Hutchinson will get us more money now rather than in January. It doesn't make good business sense for Murphy, Randolph etc to just run down their contracts.

Not gonna put bums on seats though! :-D

Bums aff seats avoiding my shots at goal!

Problem is with players in the last year of their contracts we won't be shifting anyone for cash, bar Hutch, in the January window.

He really is the cash cow after tonight.

If the right player became available, who was within our budget and who would improve the overall quality of the team, then I agree we should try and make an attempt to sign them. I do also think though if that right player is not available, then we shouldn't go bringing in new faces for the sake of bringing new faces.

I'd certainly not wish to see anymore Omar Daley or Steve Jones type, 30-something, English lower league journeyman coming in, purely and simply to boost the numbers, who'll no doubt keep the bench warm 80+% of the time.

The youngsters have this season been presented with a golden opportunity to show what they can do and have now been challenged to try and stake a claim for a regular starting spot. And, as enough posters on here have stated in the past, why bring in the abovenamed type of players, denying our youngsters of first team experience?

I think this season could be a good oportunity, both for the club to blood these young boys through, as well as the young guys themselves.

Kinda reminds me of the famous quote - "You'll never win anything with kids" - Alan Hansen.

If the right player became available, who was within our budget and who would improve the overall quality of the team, then I agree we should try and make an attempt to sign them. I do also think though if that right player is not available, then we shouldn't go bringing in new faces for the sake of bringing new faces.

I'd certainly not wish to see anymore Omar Daley or Steve Jones type, 30-something, English lower league journeyman coming in, purely and simply to boost the numbers, who'll no doubt keep the bench warm 80+% of the time.

The youngsters have this season been presented with a golden opportunity to show what they can do and have now been challenged to try and stake a claim for a regular starting spot. And, as enough posters on here have stated in the past, why bring in the abovenamed type of players, denying our youngsters of first team experience?

I think this season could be a good oportunity, both for the club to blood these young boys through, as well as the young guys themselves.

Kinda reminds me of the famous quote - "You'll never win anything with kids" - Alan Hansen.

Kind of what I was trying to say but put far more eloquently...

been far more impressed by the "kids" so far this season than some of the first team players, though that said quite a lot of our first team players are also "kids"

last nights performance missing lots of the regular players has calmed any worries about a poor season, think we'll do no bad and will put us in good stead for the future