2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

It's just one sevco apologists biased opinion but that is embarrassing nonetheless.

I'm sure that drivel, if even read by the players will be treated with the contempt that it deserves but Hateley should be barred from Fir Park and McCall should get in touch with him and tear him a new one.

I'm also quietly confident none of our players will end up at the zombies next season.

So to summarise, he has said that Motherwell have good players and if Rangers are looking for good players they should look at the ones that are out of contact at Motherwell. He hasn't exactly revealed any secrets or dissed any of our players or our club. I guess it just takes a bit more than a Mark Hateley article to get me worked up.

• Like 1

Mark Hateley was peddling this pish back before Christmas. Lazy journalism is bad enough but for a collumist to rehash his work....

To be fair to Hateley, hes bang on the money. We have better players, they are cheap& available. Any manager worth his salt at any club would be daft not to be looking at our boys.

Saying that, Hateley forgets that our out of contract stars are all young and ambitious, not washed up players like Black, Shiels& Sandazza who had reached the pinnacle of their careers. Our boys can and should move on to bigger& better things, not Scottish division 2 or 3 whatever it will be.

Hateley - Dae wan!

I'm sorry, but I'm really not getting the outcry here. I appreciate there's not much of a story here, but he's not saying anything of which the Sevco scouts won't already be well aware. In some way, he's flattering out club by highlighting what we already know: we have a bunch of high quality players whose contracts run out at the end of the season.

Far better things to get the rage about in my book, like the financial allocation this season.

McCoist confirms interest in Nicky Law.

Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law and Middlesbrough defender Andre Bikey are also on the radar.

McCoist said: "Nicky is another player whose contract situation we are aware of as well.

"Again, he is one of a number of players we are looking at.

"It's a sensitive situation because these players are under contract at the moment to their own clubs and they've got a job to do for those clubs and, indeed, the fans of the clubs they represent. So it's very delicate."

I guess we will find out if the boy is interested in furthering his career at a decent level or chasing the money at zombieville.

You would have to think he'd be able to make at least what Rangers offer him if he moves down south though, eh?

You would have to think he'd be able to make at least what Rangers offer him if he moves down south though, eh?

Law and Randolph both regularly voice their love of all things USA

I've no idea if that would include living and working there

But I'd imagine if both were just after money , they would walk into MLS and have a pretty decent lifestyle, likewise they would have a fairly good shout of receiving better wages at many teams down South

I don't see all that much wrong with Mark Hateleys article

I don't see what banning a players dad would do to benefit Motherwell

It would have been nice if he had the decency to say something along the lines of, that Motherwell are unlikely to be able to retain all off the players out of contract so any that become free would be good targets for The Rangers

But saying we have very good players that another team would do well to get on board is hardly akin to having them round to his gaff and getting them to pose in The Rangers strips for a back page splash

Law and Randolph both regularly voice their love of all things USA

I've no idea if that would include living and working there

MLS salaries are pretty meagre (by footballing standards). Apart from the "Beckham Rule" where teams are allowed to offer over the odds for a star player, the vast majority of guys are on less than a hundred thousand dollars a year and a significant portion under fifty thousand.

Interesting breakdown here

Surprised at some of them, although that bracket for Randolph looks on that to be around $150k upwards

Would also be interesting to know if the package overseas players receive would enhance those numbers

But still, for similar money, Div 2 football and all the grief or potentially a rather nice life in the states as a comparison I know what I would choose all on speculation of course

Remember reading Randolph saying he liked the fact that there wasn't too much travelling up here compared to England, although think he was making the point he was travelling for hours all over the place to warm the bench.

A move to the US would certainly involve a lot more travelling, though would mostly be on planes rather than buses!

Not sure how a move over there would affect his international prospects either, as he has also mentioned his desire to continue being involved with Ireland.

So to summarise, he has said that Motherwell have good players and if Rangers are looking for good players they should look at the ones that are out of contact at Motherwell. He hasn't exactly revealed any secrets or dissed any of our players or our club. I guess it just takes a bit more than a Mark Hateley article to get me worked up.

Lots of decent players at lots of SPL clubs are out of contract in the summer but there was really no need for him to be so specific in naming our club and our players. He could have spoken in quite general terms about Rangers' need to recruit players locally and would have been 100% correct in doing so.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/383328/Motherwell-frontman-Nicky-Law-refuses-to-rule-out-Rangers-switch

Actual quotes from Nicky, polite response to rumours, maybe a little too polite , but needing a new contract and probably hoping to make a step up, he probably needs to appear that way to impress any watching clubs

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/383328/Motherwell-frontman-Nicky-Law-refuses-to-rule-out-Rangers-switch

Actual quotes from Nicky, polite response to rumours, maybe a little too polite , but needing a new contract and probably hoping to make a step up, he probably needs to appear that way to impress any watching clubs

Enjoyed the article, particularly:

Headline:

Motherwell frontman Nicky Law refuses to rule out Rangers switch

Quote:

“I’ve had no contact from Rangers and have nothing to tell you on that one,”

Fuck off newspapers. You're dying and no-one needs you.

It's surely good news that Motherwell are also putting something on the table!!

They may get offered more elsewhere, in fact they will get offered more elsewhere, but if we make them our best offer, they like it here (MFC and Scotland), know the set up, may feel we are getting closer to doing something in Europe (Europa league qualification would be great, and I genuinely believe we are getting closer with experience???)... You never know.

I wouldn't leave my job for a job that was only offering slightly more, especially if I had to move. Although, for double my salary, I'd probably have to....