European Football Key Dates

Brazilian

don't like the reality in that Statement Finlay, if we make the champions league qualifiers, I'm hoping to get to the play offs and then its the world!

but aye we can always wait for decorators photaes from the Ukraine

Fixed fur ye.

Won't there be teams from other countries that have made it through the previous qualifier too?

Anywhere in Western Europe will do me.

Aye but presuming they won't be seeded, therefore we can't play them

..................................but aye we can always wait for decorators photaes from the Ukraine

:D

have made it to away legs of Cup Winners Cup, UEFA Cup and Europa League, and at 50 I'd hate to miss a once in a lifetime chance to see us in CL, if we qualify. Here's hoping the draw is logistically kind to us.

Katowice = unkind

HB = unkind

Dortmund = kind

Mypa = unkind

Nancy = kind

Llanelli = kind

Flamerturi = unkind

Bucharest = unkind

Bredablik = unkind

Aalesund = unkind

Odense = kind

:D

have made it to away legs of Cup Winners Cup, UEFA Cup and Europa League, and at 50 I'd hate to miss a once in a lifetime chance to see us in CL, if we qualify. Here's hoping the draw is logistically kind to us.

Katowice = unkind

HB = unkind

Dortmund = kind

Mypa = unkind

Nancy = kind

Llanelli = kind

Flamerturi = unkind

Bucharest = unkind

Bredablik = unkind

Aalesund = unkind

Odense = kind

Went to both Bucharest and Iceland (Breidlablik), so did not think either were unkind.

If we get 3rd then I would travel to Portugal, Holland end even Moscow. But would think twice about Turkey and definite no no for the Ukraine.......Holland & Portugal would be my choices....

Still expect a twist or two to come. Unlike us United are well capable of picking up a win v either of the Old firm. If we take 3 points from Tynecastle then it will be over - cannot see them winning all 3.

Without being pessimistic, we could well take 0 points from the next 2 fixtures and so a United win or 2 draws for them means they could come to Fir Park needing a win......:blink: Hope it does not come to that, but it would not surprise me....

• Like 1

From the Bert Kassies site which tracks European qualification, co-efficients etc. Allowing for seeded teams qualifying from Qualifying Rounds 1 & 2

Ten countries represented in Non Champions Qualifying Round 3

Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Denmark and Roumania.

Each country is ranked by it's own co-efficiant which determines which qualifying stage that country's representative comes in at. Scotland's ranking as a result of all Scottish teams record over the years is why the Scottish non champions come in at round 3. BUT..... each individual club side also has it's own co-efficient which determines seeds and non seeds on a round by round basis. For info Motherwell are ranked at 6.728 wheras Barcalona are at 157.78.

From the above list of ten countries, we will definately be one of the 5 non seeded teams as there are at least 5 countries whose lowest ranked sides score higher than Motherwell. By the same calculation the teams who eventually qualify from Portugal and Ukraine will be seeded as even their lowest ranked teams are in the top 5. So.......

Definately seeded : Teams from Ukraine and Portugal.

Definately non seeded : Motherwell.

Whether the remaining teams are seeded or non seeded depends on who qualifies from each country. Three seeded places are up for grabs. If we were really lucky teams from Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark could yet be seeded avoiding a trip to Russia or Turkey. That depends on teams with no real European record qualifying from Russia/Ukraine and better known teams qualifying from the rest.

If we were able to get through just the one round of the CL, the money on offer is ridiculous. I believe it's somewhere between one and two million for going out at final qualifying round stage.....and you drop straight into a Europa League Group placing . Fall at the first hurdle and the money is a fair bit less and you enter the final qualifying stage for the Europa League. The financial payouts per year are usually listed on the Eufa site.

That's my reading of things anyway. Feel free to disagree.

i thought cska moscow had the russian place sown up but dinamo moscow are level on points with them but are in 2nd. it would be good for us if dinamo got the place as they would most likely be unseeded and that would mean a trip to russia would be off the table.

just looking at it brugges could sneak in as a seed. i think that would be the team i'd most like us to get.

This is financially massive for us. Even moreso given Rangers current difficulties.

This could give us the chance to get the march on all the other SPL sides for a consistent tilt at European fitba over the next few years. Especially given the precarious position of other financially stricken clubs.

This is financially massive for us. Even moreso given Rangers current difficulties.

This could give us the chance to get the march on all the other SPL sides for a consistent tilt at European fitba over the next few years. Especially given the precarious position of other financially stricken clubs.

How do you figure that out? Getting papped out in a qualifying round isn't going to turn us into Man City all of a sudden.

If we got to the group stages though :laugh:

Any money earned would surely we used to secure the future of the Club rather than being invested in the squad? Straight in to the bank. The Club are looking for £1.5m. We got just over £300,000 from the Well Society.

:nod:

Too fuckin right, we don't need to spend massive amounts on players to get success. We're Motherwell after all. :thumbup:

How do you figure that out? Getting papped out in a qualifying round isn't going to turn us into Man City all of a sudden.

If we got to the group stages though :laugh:

I was responding to the previous post about the serious money involved if we were to somehow get thru the 3rd qualifying round with the prospect of another big tie and the chance to parachute straight into the group stages of the Europa League.

Im not suggesting we should be spending vast somes of cash on the squad, but if we got the chance to retain the players we have, and box clever to strengthen one or two key areas at a time when many of the other teams are having to cut back then we could consolidate our position significantly.

With no debt and the Well Society up and running, it could be a very good time to be a Well fan.

.......................just looking at it brugges could sneak in as a seed. i think that would be the team i'd most like us to get.

that's who we woukd have got had we beat Katowice ............... most pubs per head of population on the planet apparently !!!!! Somewhere for Mitch to fall over :whistling: