European Football Key Dates

Brazilian

Can't f.....g believe it - followed Motherwell for over 40 years - we get a sniff of Champions League football and I'm on f......g holiday in Majorca. wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifdash2.gif

Any chance we might draw a Spanish club? Cheap flight to the mainland.

You cancelled that holiday yet yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

MON RA DOSSERS

Anyone know the 1st and second leg dates yet?

Need to get some annual leave booked pronto!

the first tie will be the 31st of july or the 1st of august with the 2nd leg the 7th or 8th.

the second tie will be 21st, 22nd or 23rd and the 28th, 29th or 30th.

obviously the big game for us tonight is at ibrox but there are a quite a few games that will have a bearing on potential champions league opponents. teams in bold are ones i want to win to increase the chance of a cheap euro trip.

holland

feyenoord vs hercales

nec vs az

psv vs ado den haag

russia

lokomotiv vs cska

spartak vs dinamo

kuban vs anzi

greece

panathanikos vs artomitos

paok vs aek

belgium

anderlecht vs gent

kv vs genk

romania

fcm vs vaslui

steaua vs petrolul

astra vs rapid

dinamo vs Universitatea

the first tie will be the 31st of july or the 1st of august with the 2nd leg the 7th or 8th.

the second tie will be 21st, 22nd or 23rd and the 28th, 29th or 30th.

Those ones being the Europa League Play Off Round 1st and 2nd leg. Given our opponents this could be a strong possibility and worth considering, holiday wise, as a back up.

Relevant draw dates are;

Friday July 20th (C.L. 3rd Qual Rnd).....a 'whopping' 11/12 days before first tie.

and

Friday August 10th (C.L. and Europa League Play Off Rnd).

holland

feyenoord vs hercales

nec vs az

psv vs ado den haag

russia

lokomotiv vs cska

spartak vs dinamo

kuban vs anzi

greece

paok vs aek

belgium

anderlecht vs gent

kv vs genk

romania

fcm vs vaslui

steaua vs petrolul

astra vs rapid

dinamo vs Universitatea

thats my coupon sorted for tonight!!!!!!!!! if it comes up, i dont care where we are drawn................i'll be able to afford it anyway!!!!!! lol

interesting, keep the info coming

to those folk who have used the club charters the last few years...............

was it worth the "extra" money?

was it arrive the day before and head home straight after the game?

how many spaces were made available on the plane? (or did that depend on who/ where we were playing?)

if we end up going to Turkey, Russia, Ukraine or Portugal - i think thats the option i may have to take. I dont think you would be able to get any cheap flights there within an 11 day period (especially with it being "summer holiday" time) I've always preferred to book these things myself but on this occasion i think my hands may be tied

Only been on the club charter once...for the 1st ever euro game for well in Katowice in 91. They tend to be more expensive but for somewhere thats difficult to get cheap flights, ferry's or trains to ie Russia or Ukraine or Romania then its a better option...

All the match details, possible opponents, draw dates etc for champions league can be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Champions_League

we will get the runners up from Russia, Ukraine, holland, Turkey, Greece, Denmark, Belgium, Romania, or the 3rd place from Portugal. So no need to worry there then :whistling:

obviously the big game for us tonight is at ibrox but there are a quite a few games that will have a bearing on potential champions league opponents. teams in bold are ones i want to win to increase the chance of a cheap euro trip.

holland

feyenoord vs hercales

nec vs az

psv vs ado den haag

russia

lokomotiv vs cska

spartak vs dinamo

kuban vs anzi

greece

paok vs aek

belgium

anderlecht vs gent

kv vs genk

romania

fcm vs vaslui

steaua vs petrolul

astra vs rapid

dinamo vs Universitatea

When can I expect a full update with all the permutations - thanx :thumbup:

OK. At this precise moment, as far as I understand, these are the seeds and their co-efficient for the non-champions route:

CSKA Moscow 80.566

Braga 63.069

Dynamo Kiev 62.026

Panathanaikos 50.920

Fenerbahce 41.615

And theses are the non-seeds:

Brugges 35.480

Feyenoord 12.603

Rapid Bucharest 8.764

Nordsjaelland 8.005

Motherwell 6.728

There are still a few games to be played (5 in Romania, 1 or 2 in others) so this may, and probably will, change.

When can I expect a full update with all the permutations - thanx :thumbup:

just got back in from daniels. :cheers:

russia - cska beat lokomotiv and dinamo drew with spartak. so that leaves cska on 72 and dinamo on 70 with 2 games to go but dinamo have the tiebreaker. ideally we want cska to drop points and dinamo to win both games to avoid russia.

holland - psv and feyenoord both won. psv play the bottom team on sunday while feyenoord play heereven who need to win to guarantee a europa league place. hopefully feyenoord drop points and psv win to make holland an option.

greece - paok cut panathanikos's lead to 2 points with 5 games to go. paok winning the mini league for the CL would suit us.

belguim - brugges are 3 points ahead of genk and 4 ahead of gent. brugges have a tough run in though and play genk on the 10th of this month. brugges are the team i'd like to see us playing so hopefully they can pull it off.

romania - rapid and vasui won which suits us. fifa.com had steaua playing tonight but the game doesn't appear to have taken place

as it stands...

bayern win - cska, braga, kiev, panathanikos, fenerbache

chelsea win - kiev, panathanikos, fenerbache, brugges.

As it stands they're in the non-seeds with us.

PSV could make it - only a point behind Feyenoord with 1 to play. They would move up to the seeds (co-eff 76) if it goes their way.

Also if Copenhagen have a disaster in their last game (lose and goal diff swing of 8) they'll drop to 2nd and they might be seeded.

Pretty hard ties for the fans to be honest. I expect Bayern to win so would hope it was Braga. Where are the Dutch/Danish teams we could possibly get?

denmark - nordsjaellend have it pretty much wrapped up and they are ranked 174 - we're 189 - which is below every club i've mentioned. to be honest it would probably be less hassle getting to athens than it would be to denmark.

in holland we need feyenoord to drop points against heeveren on sunday and psv to beat relegated excellesior. if feyenoord get the place it's extremely unlikely they would be seeded so no holland for the well. fingers crossed for heeverern on sunday.

Chances are PSV might make it. Feyenoord (2nd) are playing at Herenveen (4th) who have an outside chance of 2nd (win by 6 clear goals and hope PSV lose). PSV are playing the team at the bottom of the league, SC Excelsior Rotterdam.

Also if Copenhagen have a disaster in their last game (lose and goal diff swing of 8) they'll drop to 2nd and they might be seeded.

i've just spotted they play 33 games in denmark (11 xs 3) so there are 4 games to go.

copenhagen being seeds would be decent if it pushed fenerbahce out. so a hex on copenhagen and mon the nordesjelland!