Europa League 2012/13 Discussion Thread

David

Great draw for me!

If anyone's going via Madrid the second leg of the Supercopa (Real v Barcelona) is on the 29th with tickets still available. I'll be driving from Madrid to Valencia on the day of the game so can give a lift to anyone who may need it.

Over 5 hours drive between those 2 Swedish teams, according to Google. Only about 30 minutes between us and Hearts. Just erring on the side of caution.

The club always suggest waiting for official confirmation. I reckon both Scottish clubs will be pushing for the home leg first.

Normally I'd say that the best chance in progressing through matches like this is that the other team take a victory completely for granted.

Don't think there's any chance of this with Levante. With this being their first EVER european jaunt in their history, they'll be wound up to f**k.

This is the team that were above Real Madrid and Bareclona at the top of La Liga a quarter of the way through last season. I'm normally happy clappy, but I think we may get an absolute skelping here.

Normally I'd say that the best chance in progressing through matches like this is that the other team take a victory completely for granted.

Don't think there's any chance of this with Levante. With this being their first EVER european jaunt in their history, they'll be wound up to f**k.

This is the team that were above Real Madrid and Bareclona at the top of La Liga a quarter of the way through last season. I'm normally happy clappy, but I think we may get an absolute skelping here.

Unfortunately got to say I agree. Just because they're maybe not a glamour team, you don't top La Liga after quarter of the season and skelp last season's finalists Athletico Bilbao 3-0 to secure Europa League football if you're not a bit good.

I fear that they will be a bit better than Panathinaikos.

Rotten draw.

Let's face it, I think most Motherwell fans accept that whoever we were paired with would have seen us soundly beaten but at least had we drawn a Bordeaux then there would be a little glamour attached to the game. As it is we've drawn one of the less fashionable sides from Spain who have never played in Europe before, yet they'll still give us a right good pasting over the two legs.

I doubt we'll see the same problems with queues to get in the East Stand and folk sitting in other people's seats for this game somehow.

Rotten draw.

Let's face it, I think most Motherwell fans accept that whoever we were paired with would have seen us soundly beaten but at least had we drawn a Bordeaux then there would be a little glamour attached to the game. As it is we've drawn one of the less fashionable sides from Spain who have never played in Europe before, yet they'll still give us a right good pasting over the two legs.

I doubt we'll see the same problems with queues to get in the East Stand and folk sitting in other people's seats for this game somehow.

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with MJC.

In terms of finance and progression one of the worst draws available. In all likelyhood one of the hardest teams in the draw, but without the associated glamour. Sporting would have been both more glamourous and easier.

Hopefully people realise the size of the game and turn out in force, this mob finished 1 point behind Athletico Madrid last season. I hope that the club can market this well based on Levante's recent league performance as they have zero pedigree on the European stage.

On the up side, for those fortunate enough to be able to make the trip, this will be a fantastic jaunt!!!

Valencia is a pretty cool city, mainly geared up for Spanish tourism, massive beaches, decent transport etc

Seen Faddy score in levantes ground in 2004 would love that to happen again almost exactly 8years on,

Hope to get to it but nothing's for sure

Do people from here actually watch any fitba outside of Scotland and Europes big teams? Levante are rotten and had a complete freak of a season last year. They are nowhere near the side that Pana are and there is no reason at all we cant give them a right good game.

• Like 2

Do people from here actually watch any fitba outside of Scotland and Europes big teams? Levante are rotten and had a complete freak of a season last year. They are nowhere near the side that Pana are and there is no reason at all we cant give them a right good game.

I saw them a few times last year and was impressed.

As I said before hopefully their performance last year was a blip and we've actually drawn a weaker Spanish side.

By the day of the match I'll have convinced myself that we're going to give them a doing!

Great draw for me!

If anyone's going via Madrid the second leg of the Supercopa (Real v Barcelona) is on the 29th with tickets still available. I'll be driving from Madrid to Valencia on the day of the game so can give a lift to anyone who may need it.

Yes guv'nor, I'll be interested in a lift from Madrid, will you be driving straight back to Madrid after the game ?

They had a great season and got Europa we had a great season and got CL so where is the worry of all the people who say that they will thrash us because of 1 good season ? Going by last seasons form we should hammer them ?

Looking at size and past form we are both very similar, nothing to fear here and no where near the quality of Panatha. Will be tight but the best chance we have ever had of the group stages. Let's not forget their first time yes and they WILL be pumped up but unbelievably we have experience over them lack of it killed us in the last game so here's hoping it will be the same for them.