Spl,sfl.sfa Joint Statement On Reconstruction

Brazilian

Joint Statement from the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL

The following joint statement is issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL:

"All three parties have been involved in productive discussions for some time on the subject of league reconstruction. This culminated in a positive meeting last night, out of which the two league bodies will now engage in a wider consultation with their member clubs.

"The discussions are based on the key principles for reconstruction outlined in the Henry McLeish Review of Scottish football:

* One league body in the senior game

* Promotion/relegation play-off between SPL and SFL First Division

* Single financial distribution model

* Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier

"Further consultation will take place in the near future, with the aim of reaching a positive outcome on a new model to take Scottish football forward."

Stitch up alert. No sign of league reconstruction ever happening until the prospect of a NO vote for SEVCO and all of a sudden we have all 3 associations wanting reconstruction. Complete and utter surrender to strengthen the duopoly even further. Complete and utter sellout.

Proposals have to be Voted into play, and I now believe fan-power is finally winning the day. I don't believe any Club in the SFL 1st Div or 3rd Div want the headache of having these bannisters in with them. Every 3rd Div Club wants promotion and embracing the NewCo would be a major obstacle to this ambition. Likewise with the 1st Div.

Every 3rd Div Club wants promotion and embracing the NewCo would be a major obstacle to this ambition. Likewise with the 1st Div.

i've seen a few first division fans saying they could handle a newco if they got a second promotion place or playoff. one year of hunnery for something that would boost the long term prospects of every club.

Proposals have to be Voted into play, and I now believe fan-power is finally winning the day. I don't believe any Club in the SFL 1st Div or 3rd Div want the headache of having these bannisters in with them. Every 3rd Div Club wants promotion and embracing the NewCo would be a major obstacle to this ambition. Likewise with the 1st Div.

It's actually more likely to fail at the other end of the Third Division. People call the SPL, the Self Preservation League - but it pales in comparison to the SFL, especially the Third Division.

Also, would like the three bodies to describe why it is only "potential" relegation/promotion from the Third if a pyramid system is introduced and not "will be" relegation/promotion.

i've seen a few first division fans saying they could handle a newco if they got a second promotion place or playoff. one year of hunnery for something that would boost the long term prospects of every club.

I think a few of us would be the same. If we were a club like Livi or Partick, I wouldn't say no to a cash boost like that.

Thankfully we're not, Forget NewCo its NoCo for me thumbup.gif

On the other side of that, all the 1st division club fans that I know are fuming about this and most have already written to their respective chairmen demanding that they don't entertain this idea. No one wants Rangers, it's not just the SPL clubs that are sick of their shite.

I believe they've been in discussions for quite some time. My head zips up the back though.

It will be interesting to see if these discussions actually lead to a reform of the leagues if there is no Newco team competing in any league next season which is a distinct possibility.

I can't see how reconstruction can help Rangers here. It is far too late for August, by which time they will be placed in Division 3. If we reconstruct even if they win Division 3 they'll be in the new Division 2 and then Division 1 and then the new SPL. I can see no way they can get into Division 1 without a hell of a lot of legal challenges, Christ I may need to support Airdrie in that one. Reconstruction is the right thing though, if this is the good thing that comes from Rangers plight and they get back a year earlier for the good of the game I'll swallow it.

I can't see how reconstruction can help Rangers here. It is far too late for August, by which time they will be placed in Division 3. If we reconstruct even if they win Division 3 they'll be in the new Division 2 and then Division 1 and then the new SPL. I can see no way they can get into Division 1 without a hell of a lot of legal challenges, Christ I may need to support Airdrie in that one. Reconstruction is the right thing though, if this is the good thing that comes from Rangers plight and they get back a year earlier for the good of the game I'll swallow it.

How sweet for Airdire fans to hold the power over a new Rainjurs creation looking for entry into the league. Oh I hope it comes to that, Karma is a wonderful thing indeed. :thumbup:

There are dark forces at work here, :ph34r: the SPL are doing their best to get the Hunco into div 1 and back into the SPL as soon as they can. The cynical bit in me cant help thinking that the day after the story breaks about a re-construction deal being done, all of the SPL clubs are falling over themselves in declaring a "No" vote.

The SFA need to chake charge of this nonsense and get them expelled from Scottish football for good. If this had been any other team outwith the ugly sisters they would have been killed off months ago.

How sweet for Airdire fans to hold the power over a new Rainjurs creation looking for entry into the league. Oh I hope it comes to that, Karma is a wonderful thing indeed. :thumbup:

You kidding, their Chairman is a bigger Rangers Supporter than Chic Young and Jim Traynor rolled into one. A Definite Yes vote. He couldn't give a damn about 'his'club's fans outcry. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he sold the club to Rangers to give them a hand back into the League if the SFL rejected Sevco.

The SFA need to chake charge of this nonsense and get them expelled from Scottish football for good.

It's the SFA that are driving this merger so that Rangers can get off with being in the first division. They're as culpable as anyone in protecting Rangers.

That Belgian modle is fucked up. :blink:

I know it is and unless I read it wrong that model means that if you are 3rd bottom after 30 games you can get in to Europe? and if you are first after the same number of games you could get hee haw? :O

Don't get me wrong they are heading in the right direction with the 16 team idea.

Basically SFA has decided Rangers are going into Division 1, no matter what anyone thinks ...

Rangers newco: Plans for club to enter Scottish Division One

BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.

Rangers FC plc are soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.

But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club in the Scottish Premier League.

And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012/13 in the second tier.

There are also plans for the SPL and Scottish Football League bodies to be merged into a new organisation called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

· Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.

· Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.

· The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.

· Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL.

· There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.

· Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.

· A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.

· Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the previous club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

All these changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days.

This makes me feel fucking sick.

Pandering to one half of the bigots in every way possible to save them.

You can believe that if it was any other team in Scotland, bar one, then this restructuring would never even be considered.

It's nearly enough to put me off Scottish football, seriously. wallbash.gif

IF there is any truth in this, I'm back to the 'forget it' stage.

Been thinking how I can do more to help the club financially like many other fans I'm sure, but that is on hold for now.

It's simple for me, the rules need to be applied equally to all.

There are only 2 clubs in Scotland (could be argued 1!) for whom this would even be considered.

If it were us or any other 'diddy' club, it would be a case of 'Div3 if yer lucky'!

If it isn't bad enough we've got to suffer because of their wrongs, things we had no control over, we're expected to accept this? (maybe.....)

Rod 'sporting integrity' Petrie is a 2 faced hypocrite, IF there is any truth in this.