Rallying Call

nethertonwellfan

The points made by Finlay about club shop sales going to Provan Sports and KMCalpin about the Government taking VAT from gate receipts present an interesting point.

This is where it would be helpful when the club issue their campaign notes soon that they illustrate where exactly they will get most benefit from any additional contributions. Does a £30 brick for example get them more than a £30 purchase from the club shop? Does a fiver worth of drinks get them more than a fiver from the pie stall?

It's possibly taking it a bit to extremes but the more information that can be presented the better.

It certainly would be good to know where the maximum profit is made. There is no point in buying extra food from the food stall if all the money just goes to whoever supplies the food. Is there anyway of finding out how much profit we make (if any) from outsourced goods?

As someone who works in fundraising (and has done for 9-years) I would highlight MFC88's idea below as the best so far.

Check out the link here http://www.milliondollarwebsiteproject.com/sponsor

And google away for examples of this. In short it is the modern 2012 version of sponsor a brick. The MFC homepage could forever carry peoples names, sponsorship, messages etc etc for a fee of your choice.

The benefits of this scheme are;

• £1 million is a challenging but achieveable target, I would even consider making it £500k

HOW - Well consider the support that there is for Motherwell out there; for example the European games that sell-out Fir Park or the odd semi/cup final. There is no way that the vast majority of these people will buy a season ticket or join the Well Society. Harsh, but true, hence our average attendances.

So an alternative needs to be presented....this would be an option.

• It can be split very much the same way as the Well Society is, but the minimum payment could be £10 and it would be a one-off payment, not an annual fee.
  • The benefit of this scheme is that it really can be marketed as an Appeal. As much as I like the idea of the Well Society, I think it could potentially have been marketed a little better. But you live and learn.
  • Lanarkshire is a big place and despite the obvious support for the Old Firm there are a lot of Motherwell 'supporters' out there that do really believe in the club and would hate it to die. The reality is that the club might die and we need to hammer that message home to people.

My targets;

• Strong media campaign running for a month with local media and also posters/flyers for local businesses
  • A new 5-year plan from the board including stadium sale/move plans etc
  • The target is to get 20-25,000 people to make a donation to the future of Motherwell FC - lets target the number of people we could take to a cup final
  • Donations in £10, £25, £50, £75 or £100

Campaign name

• Needs to be strong, catchy and hook people in....I can't think of one just now but something to hook 20,000 people into making a donation

Anyway, that is that for now. Incidentally I have decided to email this to the club.

Might sound a bit strange but while im in the mood......how about a million dollar homepage style thing on the official site? Fans, local businesses, sponsors, players, general stakeholders etc could pay a small fee per month for a brick which links to a website, facebook page, twitter, charity page or whatever they want really...

The Cash Converters Arena :thumbup:

:bad:

If it meant an extra £1m I'd put off with it. Just a name :evilgrin:

The main challenge, imo, is trying to get people motivated for the long haul. This isn't going to be 6 months of full on support from as many of us as possible then everything back to 'normal'. I have a feeling that due to the actions of Rangers' previous owners that the knock on effect will hang around us, and our rivals, for a number of years.

I just hope the support can stay motivated, help with fundraising without the same people contributing over and over again, even IF we find ourselves sitting 9th and 10th in the table. That would be a real major challenge for the Club I think. The knock on effect of a 'poor' season is dwindling attendances.

That will be a catastrophe for a few teams next season.....and perhaps beyond. Another reason why I hope we are able to stay as consistent as we generally have been over the last few years. More important now than ever.

The main challenge, imo, is trying to get people motivated for the long haul. This isn't going to be 6 months of full on support from as many of us as possible then everything back to 'normal'. I have a feeling that due to the actions of Rangers' previous owners that the knock on effect will hang around us, and our rivals, for a number of years.

I just hope the support can stay motivated, help with fundraising without the same people contributing over and over again, even IF we find ourselves sitting 9th and 10th in the table.

That's perhaps where Burn Broomfield's suggestion of a direct-debit of sorts might come into play. There will as you say undoubtedly come a point where people have fundraising fatigue if event follows event on a very regular basis.

A perhaps smaller, more regular amount that goes from your bank - in much the same way as the Well Lotto does currently - can be budgeted for more easily and is less likely to be missed as much once the habit of donating that way is established after a couple of months.

Not opening the South stand for the majority of home games..........(Ross county,ICT,The Pars,team 12,etc)

(tin hat on) Give Smeltic the South stand and the Cooper :whistling:

Close the South Stand altogether apart from Celtic + Euro games. Apart from that the biggest away support we will have is1000-1500 from the likes of Dundee,Aberdeen + Hearts,easily accomodated in the Main.

So we know now we will lose £300k - £400k with no Rangers support and looking at 30% decrease in SPL cash (theres no way SEVCO are going lower than SFL1) according to the evidence shown to the SFL by the SPL which would work out at £550k - £600k

Now were gonna make £50k - £60k with Dundees away support, and 2 Euro home games (at say 10,000 x £20 ave) = £400k . Now surely the diddy teams are gonna vote for fairer cash distribution? and voting rights! so we could make an extra £50k - £100k from a fairer split. Also guaranteed £70k for playing in the Europa play off round so thats a budget gap of £280k - £380k to fill

Crowd wise if we bring in an extra 736 fans per game over the season = £280k + an extra 1000 = £380k (@ £20 per head)

Season Ticket wise we need 933 fans paying £300 ave or 1267 fans paying £300 ave

Adult Well Society Memberships - 933 @ £300 = £280k + 1267 @ £300 = £380k

Even just 500 extra per game over the season means £190k + in the coffers

Say weve 2000 Adult season ticket holders, asking them to pay £20 into the"Club12" (Dundee) games would make £80k

So while it will be tight + theres no chance of us signing another player its not insurmountable,And certainly no admin scenario peddled by the media

(If we fluke the 1st Champ Lge game + make the play-off round, losing that to drop into the Europa Lge Group Stage we`d make minimum £2.6m (2.74m eur) )

Something that would make a huge difference to every Scottish club is (as has been mentioned several times already) is cancelling sky and donating their monthly subscriptions to their respective club. Start a nationwide campaign against sky. Also, we should put our personal disagreements with other clubs aside and work together to protect our game.

• Like 1

Also, we should put our personal disagreements with other clubs aside and work together to protect our game.

This is key for me. We're all in this together now and working together is the only way we'll get as many clubs as possible (hopefully all clubs) through this.

I still like the idea of all the ST holders paying at the gate for the games against club 12, with 1500 or 2000 ST holders it would be a tidy sum raised. Plus it would generate some positive publicity and show the fuds at the SFA / SPL that Scottish football can survive without the Govan tax dodgers.

Some good ideas being discussed..

Appologies if it has already been mentioned but pre-match drinking is an area that could/should make the club more money. A shed load of coin is given to boozers on match day and the club needs to get its hands on more of it.

Can drink marquee's not get put up near the ground for start of the season and our fans can drink together, sing some songs and MFC reap the profits?

I don't know that much about the licensing laws involving football fans and drinking, but it would be great to create a tented area where Motherwell FC can mix with the fans.

Does MFC run and get all the profits from the DC bar?

I'm not from Motherwell so don't really know the situation with the pubs around the ground.

Do any of them give money to the club?

I can spend £50 on drink whenever I'm up and would prefer this to go to the club.

The big issue with the cooper bar that puts people of is the massive que. Need to address that

Any venue that has a single file queue rather than the usual collection of bodies at the bar freaks me out. :lol:

Out with season tickets, Well Society and sponsorship which commercial enterprises make the club most money? For me it would be handy to know where the most and least profit is made within the club. I know all money no matter how small is important to a club our size, but can anyone list our top ten profit makers?

Any venue that has a single file queue rather than the usual collection of bodies at the bar freaks me out. :lol:

Big marquee on the astro behind the east that can hold 1000 people.In before and after the game for a few pints and a sing song/quiz/showing old games etc.

I would def go for something like that.If everyone spent a tenner!!!

Probably too many obstacles in the way for something like that though.