Everton

dmacd1

Lots of positives I thought today, considering how poor we were against Raith and how poor we must have been against Ayr to ship 4 this was a huge step forwards. Murphy and Humphrey both got into really good positions, balls in were a bit inconsistent and Murphy a couple of times made poor choices. Ojamaa and Higdon were in the game lots, Higdon should have scored twice - the one in the first half not sure whether the pass was behind him or it was just a really bad snatched finish but either way it should have been in the pokey. Again some wrong decisions made but signs were encouraging. Law put in a really good shift and supplemented the attack while dominating the midfield whilst Lasley (1st pass of the game apart) had a really good steadying influence. Hateley is never going to be a stand out player but he is really effective at bringing us out, when Saunders was at right back against Raith we were playing within 30 yards of our goal, when Hateley and Hammell are the full backs we are able to play the game further up the pitch which leaves us less exposed which given the centre halfs we were using was crucial. In saying that Cummins and Ramsden did pretty well for the mostpart though their set play defending was poor at times. Hetherington i think is a real good player. For one so young the way he reads the game is top drawer, he was a stand out and Tuesday and did fine again. Kerr did OK at centre half and Daley seems to be an improved player too. He did more tracking and he seemed to open the game up more. More of the same please sir. The full back who came on for Hammell whose name I've forgotten wasn't really tested and I'd like another look. Faddy did alright considering how few games he has had. Always been a magician with the ball but a bit inclined to make the wrong decision, today I felt his decision making has clearly improved since I last saw him for us though his passing was at times a wee bit heavy. On that showing though, if we keep that team fit we will have a good season, it is the strength and depth that concerns me, much like last year.

A good bit more encouraged by what I saw today in comparison to the previous couple of games.

We looked much more like ourselves and played some pretty good stuff at times. Good creativity, quite a few chances fashioned and competed well throughout.

Need to be more clinical when the proper stuff starts and ofcourse our defence is somewhat stretched at the moment but that was encouraging viewing today.

A good day all round .

Yeah, a pretty decent run out for the team today. Certainly encouraging given our previous perfromances this season. Just missing a bit of sharpness up front, and some speed of thought and movement in midfield. There were a few great opportunities to play killer through balls today that would have opened Everton up, but on most of those occassions they were passed up and the opportunity was lost. That said, there were enough chances created (by both sides) that should have resulted in a higher scoreline. Need to work on finishing. It'll be important to put chances away in the CL game.

1342889077[/url'>' post='351275']

Who was 24 for us today?

Very surprised that seemingly no one listens to the subs at games as many asked this question. It was Fraser Kerr.

1342892274' post='351293']

Did anyone else notice both Murphy and Faddy wore number 11?

yes. I imagine it's to do with sentiment.

I though we managed to hold off a very string everyone team well. We out payed them for spells but looked a bit sloppy in defence. Ramsden came close to an unlikely goal. Thought higdon looked a new player. He was almost athletic at times in his input in the game.

Also notice we worked on tearing defences apart today, obviously in prep for pana. Saw a lot of passes today that would rip any SPL team a new arse.

Anyway, a well deserved tribute to steven hammell!!!

• Like 1

Very surprised that seemingly no one listens to the subs at games as many asked this question. It was Fraser Kerr.

I posted the question during the game as he came on as part of a triple substitution during a standing ovation for Faddy. It's hard enough making out the tannoy at the best of times and I normally rely on the programme but he wasn't listed.

Had he dubious pleasure of attending this game today.

For a testimonial celebrating a Motherwell stalwart there were a couple of things I can't fathom.

The lack of atmosphere.

The lack of support of Stevie Hamell in a vocal sense.

The constant booing of Jelavic and Naismith ( esp Naismith as he left Rangers in the lurch). Which made more noise than the support for M'well/ Hammell

The thought that Well did well against a team that were obviously streets ahead and only playing for fitness.

The complete and utter waste of time playing McFadden considering he will not sign for 'Well and will not feature again (guys like J O'Brien etc who are close pals with SH were not allowed to participate by S M because of the forthcoming CL Qualifier).

• Like 3

Is it my crazy peepers or does it look like, from the match pics on the offical site anyway, that Stevie's name was spelt wrong on the front of his kit? On the one where he is taking the throw in.

I'm bored :laugh:.

Yeah, was spelt with a ph

Had he dubious pleasure of attending this game today.

For a testimonial celebrating a Motherwell stalwart there were a couple of things I can't fathom.

The lack of atmosphere.

The lack of support of Stevie Hamell in a vocal sense.

The constant booing of Jelavic and Naismith ( esp Naismith as he left Rangers in the lurch). Which made more noise than the support for M'well/ Hammell

The thought that Well did well against a team that were obviously streets ahead and only playing for fitness.

The complete and utter waste of time playing McFadden considering he will not sign for 'Well and will not feature again (guys like J O'Brien etc who are close pals with SH were not allowed to participate by S M because of the forthcoming CL Qualifier).

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you'll get it in the neck now. :laugh::evilgrin:

Lots of positives I thought today, considering how poor we were against Raith and how poor we must have been against Ayr to ship 4 this was a huge step forwards. Murphy and Humphrey both got into really good positions, balls in were a bit inconsistent and Murphy a couple of times made poor choices. Ojamaa and Higdon were in the game lots, Higdon should have scored twice - the one in the first half not sure whether the pass was behind him or it was just a really bad snatched finish but either way it should have been in the pokey. Again some wrong decisions made but signs were encouraging. Law put in a really good shift and supplemented the attack while dominating the midfield whilst Lasley (1st pass of the game apart) had a really good steadying influence. Hateley is never going to be a stand out player but he is really effective at bringing us out, when Saunders was at right back against Raith we were playing within 30 yards of our goal, when Hateley and Hammell are the full backs we are able to play the game further up the pitch which leaves us less exposed which given the centre halfs we were using was crucial. In saying that Cummins and Ramsden did pretty well for the mostpart though their set play defending was poor at times. Hetherington i think is a real good player. For one so young the way he reads the game is top drawer, he was a stand out and Tuesday and did fine again. Kerr did OK at centre half and Daley seems to be an improved player too. He did more tracking and he seemed to open the game up more. More of the same please sir. The full back who came on for Hammell whose name I've forgotten wasn't really tested and I'd like another look. Faddy did alright considering how few games he has had. Always been a magician with the ball but a bit inclined to make the wrong decision, today I felt his decision making has clearly improved since I last saw him for us though his passing was at times a wee bit heavy. On that showing though, if we keep that team fit we will have a good season, it is the strength and depth that concerns me, much like last year.

Split that with some proper punctuation and somebody might actually read that mess.

• Like 2

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you'll get it in the neck now. :laugh::evilgrin:

Probably more like later in the morning since it is 12.30....

Agree that 3500 Well fans was a little disappointing, however it is in the middle of the holiday season. I alone know of 3 fans that did not make it along today that go to most home games....

I thought the game was quite decent. As for Faddy, well he was doing it as a favour to his close friend. He is well regarded around these parts. If it helped add a few more bums on seats then good for him . Get over it :doh:

1.) Stevie Hammell got a decent turnout, got a big cheer when he came on and went off and seems genuinely touched by all the well wishers. Plus he's made a tidy amount of money into the bargain.

2.) Motherwell got a good work out against top opposition. We looked fitter and sharper than in previous games, some of the fringe/young players gave a good account of themselves also. We avoided serious injury and are one step closer to full fitness.

3.) The fans got a pretty decent game, got to see some top class International players including one of their own returning for a short harmless yet enjoyable cameo.

Why some folk are complaining is beyond me. In my book it was an enjoyable and worthwhile game for all involved.

• Like 4

1.) Stevie Hammell got a decent turnout, got a big cheer when he came on and went off and seems genuinely touched by all the well wishers. Plus he's made a tidy amount of money into the bargain.

2.) Motherwell got a good work out against top opposition. We looked fitter and sharper than in previous games, some of the fringe/young players gave a good account of themselves also. We avoided serious injury and are one step closer to full fitness.

3.) The fans got a pretty decent game, got to see some top class International players including one of their own returning for a short harmless yet enjoyable cameo.

Why some folk are complaining is beyond me. In my book it was an enjoyable and worthwhile game for all involved.

Well said!

McFadden doesn't have a club. O'Brien etc do. Think that has more to do with it than McCall not allowing them.

Enjoyed the game and thought we played well, squad size is a concern but if cash becomes available we will no doubt strengthen the squad. And a big thanks to Hammy for all his years in the claret and amber.:cheers:

+1

Great servant to the club and all the best for his future years at Fir Park.