Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

Got back from holiday and nipped down about half 3, Women in office said POD was sold out and from the seating plans there was very little left in both east and Cooper , Ended up having to sit with all the weans in the East stand far end section. Maybe teach them a few old Well classics to sing . Maybe go with " Big Pie is our leader, we shall not be moved" to start off with :whistling:

i don't see much sitting going on :whistling:

Nipped into the ticket office last thing tonight. Just a handful of tickets left in the east & Cooper and they were restricted view so took a gamble on waiting for south stand tickets getting released. You won't be able to pick your seat in the south stand though, it'll be filled from front to back, section by section. Seems a bit daft putting the away fans in the south stand as the section above them can't then be used.

Wasn't any more excited about this than the Europa games, probably because I can't do the away legs, I thought. I just thought, acht, it's Europe, phenomenal, dead excited, cannae wait, but no more than Aalesunds/Odense/Nancy etc...

And then, just earlier on today, I saw the tickets, and burst out laughing, realising just how ridiculous, and genuinely mental this full thing is. It just hit me, the hilarious insanity of it all.

We are the Well, and we are in the Champions League. drinks.gif

• Like 2

it'll be a stream for sure.

heard the south will be opened for 'well fans - i don't think segregation is on the cards - so would that mean re-housing the away support in pod? :whistling:

we had some segregation in the south for one of the europa games, dunno why it cant be done again tbh, depends on their numbers i spose!

Pana fans are going to to be in the South Stand, the club are already selling tickets for their section in there via the official website.

It'll most likely be the same gig as Aalesund the other year - they will be up the top and the corresponding section below them will be empty or vice-versa.

'Well fans will be in the sections closest to the East Stand to ensure there's as much of a gap as possible.

it'll be a stream for sure.

heard the south will be opened for 'well fans - i don't think segregation is on the cards - so would that mean re-housing the away support in pod? :whistling:

we had some segregation in the south for one of the europa games, dunno why it cant be done again tbh, depends on their numbers i spose!

I don't know how than can be possible if the POD is a sell out already.

MJC posts are a tradition!

EDIT: in fact it's worrying when he posts a positive one.................and I think I do recall 1

I think MJC is pretty funny.

He totally encapsulates something that is without doubt part of being a Motherwell supporter. The gnawing subliminal fear that if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

Who amongst us, when we play a team on a long run of not scoring or winning doesn't think at the back of our mind, 'Well they are bound to do it against us!'. It's just part of supporting Motherwell.

And actually it's one of the great appeals of supporting a team like Motherwell. When you go to a game you have Triumph on one shoulder and Catastrophe on the other. MJC just represents the Catastrophe bit thats part of all of us.

I think MJC is pretty funny.

He totally encapsulates something that is without doubt part of being a Motherwell supporter. The gnawing subliminal fear that if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

I don't disagree, and it makes me laugh to see his posts - a number of which I don't think he believes himself. The key, though, is it should only be a 'part' of being a 'Well supporter, not an entire philosophy.

The irony being that, in 40 years' time he will undoubtedly end up as the auld yin with the tartan rug and flask of soup in the POD (or wherever) moaning to the youngsters how great a team we had in the McCall era compared to the current shite. :nod:

• Like 1

Even if we get utterly horsed 5-1 on Tuesday, please let us open the scoring.

In recent years I can pinpoint a few goals I've went absolutely fucking tonto in celebration for (far more than others) - Fitzpatrick against Hearts springs instantly to mind for instance, and obviously there's a few for Scotland too such as Faddy in Paris or Caldwell in the home France game.

However, opening the scoring against Panathinaikos in a Champions League qualifier at Fir Park could quite possibly be the end of me.

Safe to say the excitement, anticipation and "what if's..." are well underway in my mind... :lol:

• Like 2

There's a chance I might have a spare concession ticket for the game on Tuesday. It's for the East Stand, front row, 2nd section along from the South.

I won't know for definite until Sunday night but just wondered if anyone would be interested if it did become available?