Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

Statistics damn statistics......

You could think Pana have a UEFA coefficient of 50+ whilst Celtic only have 32....

You could think that there are only 19 teams in this years Champions League with a higher coefficient than Pana...

Then again you could look at this stage last year:

OB Odense 1 : 1 Panathanaikos

Panathanaikos 3 : 4 OB Odense

OB Odense win 5-4 on aggregate with a team very similar to the one we played 2 years ago. I remember both games and there was not a lot in them. In fact we were the better team in the home leg...

Have faith....we need to take our chances. I hope we start OJamma as he is unpredictable yet mercurial and liable to do something special. I suspect it may Higdon up front on his own....:doh:

Edit to add - I like the big man, but would rather he had support

In the unlikely event that we progress thru this tie (I know.....), what are the dates for the final CL play-off round ?

In the likely event that we don't progress, what are the dates for the Europa play-off round?

Just trying to plan ahead, like :cheers:

It wasn't until I had the ticket in my hand that I realised just what an achievement this is.

I am SO excited and I can't wait for the match.

I think I will probably start greetin' when the team comes out the tunnel to the Champions League tune!

I don't want to burst the bubble, but I dont think UEFA allows to play the CL Music, because its not the CL... yet.

Unlike the last game last season, when it was more a fun thing, I guess UEFA will probably check on this.

If they do play it, I hope the DJ presses FF until the proper music starts, not like the Dundee utd game, when the music started from the beginning. There is only a certain part that will be played.

i still think we'll win 3-0 at fir park, dk why just a feeling and a tenner's going on it :laugh: even then though I'm sure we'd lose 4-0 away !

You're mental.

We'll be lucky to get away with a 3 or 4 goal aggregate defeat.

don't see why? OB beat them over two legs, then all the financial issues for them.. then when you look through there squad now it's been significantly weakened with 5 or 6 of there best players leaving from last season and they are relying on there youth just as much as we are going into this season, pre-season wise they don't seem to have a very busy schedule and the games they have played they've been very unimpressive in and the new players brought in won't have had a lot of time to gel etc this is not an impossible task, far from it!

Of course it's not an impossible task - it's what used to make the straight knockout format of the European Cup so much better than the CL.

However, it's a formidable task and while I fully expect the players to believe it's an attainable feat, as a fan, I won't exactly be shocked if we don't make it to the next round.

• Like 1

don't see why? OB beat them over two legs, then all the financial issues for them.. then when you look through there squad now it's been significantly weakened with 5 or 6 of there best players leaving from last season and they are relying on there youth just as much as we are going into this season, pre-season wise they don't seem to have a very busy schedule and the games they have played they've been very unimpressive in and the new players brought in won't have had a lot of time to gel etc this is not an impossible task, far from it!

Agree with this, Pana are not the side they were, they are beatable, judge them on how they perform and not on previous reputations, believe and live the dream. :nod:

so are they relying on youth or playing all these new players (internationals) who havn't had tome to gel yet, you need to make up your mind Motehrwell89

the players they have signed are young players on loan from teams like alania vladikavkaz, and players from the venezuela primera division from which i can't even name a team!

they have around 9 players who have represented there country at one point, 4 off which are goal keepers!

3 greek players ages 33, 31 and 28 who are regulars

1 Ghanan player and 1 Venezuelan

We have 2 Jamaicans :drinks:

1 Republic of Ireland :cheers:

2 who have played for the Scottish team.. :laugh:

Several at youth level

1 Estonian wonderkid!

And being an "international" doesn't make you a good player.. Omar Daley has been capped 64 x for Jamaica and if he plays there is a good chance he will be the most capped player on the field :doh:

Neither of them have featured in there pre-season not even as subs! and anyways We've dealt with Georgios Samaras many a times.. like the 2-0 win vs celtic? he played every minute for Greece in the Euro's I believe and tbh how many of you actually rate him so highly? he misses 1/100 shots on goal! 11 players who were regular features in there first team last season have left, they've signed 6 players, two of which won't actually transfer till the 30th of June 2013.. the other four include two centre backs Andre Pinto and Jose Velazguez, a CF Bruno Fornaroli, and a midfielder Pape Habib Sow. Then they have signed 4 players from the youth team aged about 17, the players they have lost were huge players for them 3 of them made up the back four for most of the season, then half of there attacking options away aswell with junior, ninas, clyton, abseyie and rudolf

Neither of them have featured in there pre-season not even as subs! and anyways We've dealt with Georgios Samaras many a times.. like the 2-0 win vs celtic? he played every minute for Greece in the Euro's I believe and tbh how many of you actually rate him so highly? he misses 1/100 shots on goal! 11 players who were regular features in there first team last season have left, they've signed 6 players, two of which won't actually transfer till the 30th of June 2013.. the other four include two centre backs Andre Pinto and Jose Velazguez, a CF Bruno Fornaroli, and a midfielder Pape Habib Sow. Then they have signed 4 players from the youth team aged about 17, the players they have lost were huge players for them 3 of them made up the back four for most of the season, then half of there attacking options away aswell with junior, ninas, clyton, abseyie and rudolf

Stop getting me even more hopeful!!! I defo believe I andthe rest will be going to Athens knowing avoid defeat and we will go through