Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

Just picked up my tickets. Got the last 4 together in the south side of the east stand.

There's only ones and twos left in both the Cooper and the East!

Told there has been around 7500 sold so far! So it's looking good!

Does anyone know if the south stand is a go-er and/or how many Panathinaikos are likely to bring?

Possibly how they will line up according to pana fans

--------------------------------Toche----------------------------

Lazaros----------------------------------------------- Sissko

---------------------------------Zecca---------------------------

---------------------------Sow---------Vitolo-------------------

Spyropoulous---- Velazquez----Boumsong----Vyntra

--------------------------------Karnezis--------------------------

this stage last year when they lost vs OB no sure how much they brang but the attendance was just 10 thousand, vs us OB's crowd was closer to 15!

an the ref is a dutch banker.. Pol van Boekel

• Like 1

this stage last year when they lost vs OB no sure how much they brang but the attendance was just 10 thousand, vs us OB's crowd was closer to 15!

That's spectacular. Impressive and depressing at the same time. I can't quite decide.

• Like 3

If I'm being honest I don't see us progressing here at all. Like everyone else I hope we do but just can't see it. Hopefully we are still in it after the first leg, giving our travelling fans the hope for an upset.

All eyes on Europa League two weeks on Friday as the consolation prize if we do get papped oot. Still not bad.

If I'm being honest I don't see us progressing here at all. Like everyone else I hope we do but just can't see it.

It’s going to be a big asked to get anything from this game, I only hope for the sake of those traveling to the away leg that we don’t get hammered at Fir Park.

Just picked up my tickets. Got the last 4 together in the south side of the east stand.

There's only ones and twos left in both the Cooper and the East!

Told there has been around 7500 sold so far! So it's looking good!

Does anyone know if the south stand is a go-er and/or how many Panathinaikos are likely to bring?

The south stand is a goer but the Safety Marshall (i think that's what she said) has to be certain that all other areas are sold out. The Greek's are going to be in the south stand so it makes things difficult.

If I'm being honest I don't see us progressing here at all. Like everyone else I hope we do but just can't see it. Hopefully we are still in it after the first leg, giving our travelling fans the hope for an upset.

All eyes on Europa League two weeks on Friday as the consolation prize if we do get papped oot. Still not bad.

Being realistic, I reckon even the most optimistic happy clapping Motherwell fan knows deep down that we are not going to get past Panathinaikos because they are on a different level to us altogether, so it's damage limitation and nothing else here.

What we have to hope for is that we can keep the score line down to something respectable and hope the confidence isn't sapped out of our players by the impending hammering we're going to get over the two legs.

Make no mistake about it, the Greek league in general over the last 7/8 years has dramatically went downhill and in the main is absolutely shite. Olympiakos, with the relatively decent finanaces they have, will win the league at a canter for the next 5 possibly even 10 years as their historical rivals Panatinaikos and AEK have about as much money as Rangers did before they went out the game. PAOK and Aris again are decent, but not in the same league as Olympiakos. Signing the occasional Brazilian or 7ft african right back does not make you a good team, no Karagounis and Katsouranis being on the road out doesn't make them anything to be feared.

I fully expect them to be decent technically, but if Odense put out last years side with ease and with the current squad being considerably poorer then the one the Danes brushed aside, then we have a good chance of doing something.

Kiev and Fenerbahce would have dicked us, of that I have no doubt, but we have landed a decent draw here and need to take advantage of it.

• Like 1

Extremely sad I know but in the run up to the Nancy game, when a similarly high crowd was anticipated, I quite liked taking the odd peak in at the stadium plan to see all the seats become increasingly sold as the game got closer.

Just another part of the anticipation that you'll be a small part of something very memorable indeed.

Anyone got a link to this? Can't seem to find it :wallbash: