Jamie Murphy

maplewell

Since it seems Murphy could be off soon, just wondering how the majority on this forum will remember him.

Maybe legend is a bit too far fetched but he has done well to gain 180 something appearances for us being only 22. He's appeared in 3 (hopefully 4) of our European campaigns and has scored the most European goals in our history, plus our first hat trick in europe.

Personally i'll remember him as another decent player that has came through our youth system. Either way hopefully he does well for himself out there.

Realy? A couple of rumors and you are sold?

Atleast Let him leave before starting a thread. I know pre season can be boring but this is like writing an obituary for someone that has the flu.

Every transfer window since he broke into the first team there talk of him being sold. Its getting boring now.

Hes not gone till hes gone.

Exactly, remember a poster on this forum had Randolph away to Leeds back in January

They also had Murphy away as a done deal when he was having signing talks last season.

It makes sense that we might have to sell a player this year. However, his press comments about staying for the CL being the right decision makes it sound like he wants to stick around until the end of the month at least.

If you play for Motherwell and score a handful of goals in Europe and also score in a Scottish Cup semi final, I reckon you've done pretty well.

I think the problem Murphy has had is that he hasn't turned into the player we thought he would. Remember the "New McFadden" chat? Funny thing is, comparing their achievements while at Motherwell, you could argue Murphy has done better, looking at league finishes, cup runs and European football...

The club's all time European scorer, I would say that's no bad.

Didn't know that, if he does go, that's a pretty impressive record to take with him!

and has the most European appearances as a Motherwell player by my reckoning

he maybe has dips in form, but as alluded to earlier he will go down in the history of the club as a player that contributed hell of a lot to one of the most successful eras of the club to date

much rather he was here than not

and has the most European appearances as a Motherwell player by my reckoning

he maybe has dips in form, but as alluded to earlier he will go down in the history of the club as a player that contributed hell of a lot to one of the most successful eras of the club to date

much rather he was here than not

Craigan and Reynolds have fourteen starts. Murphy has nine and five substitute appearances. So one appearance this year would put him in front.

I reckon as much as Murphy can have games where you don't seem much of him, you still have to consider the fact he has hit twelve and thirteen goals in the past two seasons whilst playing most games in midfield. Not many players could boast that.

• Like 3