Fined For Postponed Game

thewhitepele

Got off exceptionally lightly here. In my eyes Motherwell are cheating by purposefully disregarding rules and regulations. It's unfair on the other SPL teams and is certainly not sporting behaviour. John Boyle obviously feels that rules don't apply to him.

Should have been a docking of points if not relegation from the league.

Still delighted of course that we have got off so lightly!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ Got off exceptionally lightly here. In my eyes Motherwell are cheating by purposefully disregarding rules and regulations. 2/ It's unfair on the other SPL teams and is certainly not sporting behaviour. John Boyle obviously feels that rules don't apply to him.

3/ Should have been a docking of points if not relegation from the league.

Still delighted of course that we have got off so lightly!!

1/ In what way are the club cheating? We have an undersoil heating system but unfortunately a section of it failed but we have one !

2/ How can the fact that we have a system failure be deemed unfair on the other SPL teams and unsporting? Kilmarnock have a system and theirs wasn't switched on resulting in a postponement the same day!!!

3/ Why should we be docked points or indeed relegated ( although the SPL is a seperate entity from the SFL,so technically relegation is not really an option) for a system failure?? I accept the point could be raised if we didn't have a system or never switched it on but to copy the ranting of P&B just because a section of our WORKING system failed is indeed plain silly.

Last seasons debacle came about because of incessant rainfall resulting in a heavily waterlogged pitch and therefore causing postponements but, now here's the irony, If we didn't have the USH system in place and working ,then the clay subsoil wouldn't have been baked solid allowing for natural drainage to take place and there would have been no postponements and the pitch would have been in better nick!!!

The whole thing is a mess. That USH should have been fixed and was not. Instead they spend a fortune on a bouncy castle which seems to keep the pitch from frosting, but by turning into a farmers top field.

The lights have been on and off all week to get this game with Hamilton on.

See what happens when you cut corners Motherwell? You get fucked over!

1/ In what way are the club cheating? We have an undersoil heating system but unfortunately a section of it failed but we have one !

2/ How can the fact that we have a system failure be deemed unfair on the other SPL teams and unsporting? Kilmarnock have a system and theirs wasn't switched on resulting in a postponement the same day!!!

3/ Why should we be docked points or indeed relegated ( although the SPL is a seperate entity from the SFL,so technically relegation is not really an option) for a system failure?? I accept the point could be raised if we didn't have a system or never switched it on but to copy the ranting of P&B just because a section of our WORKING system failed is indeed plain silly.

Last seasons debacle came about because of incessant rainfall resulting in a heavily waterlogged pitch and therefore causing postponements but, now here's the irony, If we didn't have the USH system in place and working ,then the clay subsoil wouldn't have been baked solid allowing for natural drainage to take place and there would have been no postponements and the pitch would have been in better nick!!!

That's just arguing semantics though.

Fact is, we know something is amiss regarding the USH, the club have failed to make any kind of statement or interview about it, which in a lot of people's eyes - including mine - means they know fine well the current situation is out of order.

We know the ins and outs of the pitch getting baked solid, but frankly that's not an excuse - it is our responsibility to ensure we have working USH, and we don't.

Let's not forget the verging-on-silky soccer we try to play, and how that is virtually impossible on the current surface. To salvage any integrity - not to mention top six aspirations - we might yet have, we need to get this situation fixed STAT. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be any time this season, which could well cost us a place or two in the league.

Bite the bullet, fix it, and let's move on.

Fact is, we know something is amiss regarding the USH, the club have failed to make any kind of statement or interview about it, which in a lot of people's eyes - including mine - means they know fine well the current situation is out of order.

But that's not quite true, is it? Hasn't the club consistently said that a section of the undersoil heating failed? That might not be the statement that you want, but it IS a statement.

If anyone knows FOR A FACT that the undersoil heating isn't working then I haven't seen that evidence. If the SPL have fallen for a smokescreen from the club that a non-existent USH system failed, then that makes them even more of a joke, but it just might be possible that the SPL have seen evidence that there was a working system up until it failed, and it can't be repaired during the season.

But that's not quite true, is it? Hasn't the club consistently said that a section of the undersoil heating failed? That might not be the statement that you want, but it IS a statement.

If anyone knows FOR A FACT that the undersoil heating isn't working then I haven't seen that evidence. If the SPL have fallen for a smokescreen from the club that a non-existent USH system failed, then that makes them even more of a joke, but it just might be possible that the SPL have seen evidence that there was a working system up until it failed, and it can't be repaired during the season.

It failed so it isnt working its simples where is boyle with more empty promises "the drainage and under soil heating will be fixed and the pitch will be re laid"

Threadbare surface has cost us a Euro spot without doubt sat was a cup game but tactics were changed because of the piss poor pitch.

Youre full of shit boyle please fuk off ASAP

It really looks like the scenario that was picked up on by many in the close season has turned out to be true.

The failure of the club to say anything different merely heightens the likelihood of it being true.

We put in undersoil heating at the start of last season.

The soil below the pitch was predominently clay.

When we started using the new undersoil heating the clay baked and caused a barrier to be formed between the turf and the drainage that kept rain water on the turf.

Hence the mudbath that we witnessed last season.

Consultants were brought in (for a root and branch investigation if I mind right) and the these set of conditions were diagnosed and the club were made aware (as up til now everyone was unaware of what was causing 'the deep end).

Large spikes were driven through the baked clay layer to re-make the link between the turf and the drainage system

In doing this the undersoil heating was damaged.

John Boyle promised that all would be fixed

Best playing surface in the SPL this year apparently.

The season ended

Nothing happened

Still nothing happened

The New season approached

Instead of fixing the USH, improving the drainage and realying the pitch - we hastily relaid the pich only.

The pitch was only just ready for the pre-season friendlies

Hence the 'failure of USH' come winter

I imagine if you turn it on in frosty conditions - water pishes out burst pipes and freezes on the pitch surface.

Hence the cancellation of the Hearts match

Hence the re-emergance of the bubble

Hence throwing good money after bad in heating the bubble

£15-£20K per game reportedly

All of this if true (and it looks as if it is) is a complete scandal

Taking a huge chance as 'we don't usually have games frozen off' and we were found out.

Heads should probably roll - but they won't

The fans who looked for answers - even before the SPL investigaton Ms Dempster - have been taken for complete idiots.

1) As I said in my original post because they purposefully disregarded rules. Thats cheating. I went to the Wolves friendly in the summer and was talking to a guy who said he did electrical work at FP. He said then the USH was broken and would not be getting fixed. I think many others heard the same or similar stories. That is why there was little surprise when the Hearts game was called off.

2) It was unfair on Hearts that day and will be unfair on any other team who make preparations only to have their game called off at short notice over the coming weeks because Well don't have USH.

3) Teams in the past have been denied promotion because their ground did not conform to SPL standards.

If the decision that was reached this week had been in favour of the Old Firm I would be thinking it was the usual Scottish Football conspiracy. I am amazed that we got off so lightly.

As I said I am delighted because I don't want us to suffer but it does not mean I think what has happened is right. It is like when your own player takes a dive in the box and you get a penalty. You take the goal but you still know your players a diver.

1) As I said in my original post because they A/ purposefully disregarded rules. Thats cheating. I went to the Wolves friendly in the summer and was talking to B/ a guy who said he did electrical work at FP. He said then the USH was broken and would not be getting fixed. I think many others heard the same or similar stories. That is why there was little surprise when the Hearts game was called off.

2) C/ It was unfair on Hearts that day and will be unfair on any other team who make preparations only to have their game called off at short notice over the coming weeks because Well don't have USH.

3)D/ Teams in the past have been denied promotion because their ground did not conform to SPL standards.

If the decision that was reached this week had been in favour of the Old Firm I would be thinking it was the usual Scottish Football conspiracy. I am amazed that we got off so lightly.

As I said I am delighted because I don't want us to suffer but it does not mean I think what has happened is right. It is like when your own player takes a dive in the box and you get a penalty. You take the goal but you still know your players a diver.

A/ We have an USH system that works...only a small section failed to cope with the sudden drop in temperature ,no cheating involved!

B/ I know a guy who did plumbing at Fir Park, he says the USH system works fine

C/ If our Inverurie adventure is anything to go by then i agree to a point but the conditions attached to our Fine should see that our ground will be ice free ,but it won't be our fault if there is another "micro climate" to dump gallons of rainwater on the pitch overnight before a game , the USH won't do any good then and if the game is called of ,should the fine stand?

D/ Yes, teams notably Falkirk have been denied access to the SPL ,twice in their case, they didn't put things right the first time and when we stayed up their second time they still had done nothing to comply with SPL criteria, we met the criteria and one of the conditions was USH which we have.

It failed so it isnt working its simples where is boyle with more empty promises "the drainage and under soil heating will be fixed and the pitch will be re laid"

Threadbare surface has cost us a Euro spot without doubt sat was a cup game but tactics were changed because of the piss poor pitch.

Youre full of shit boyle please fuk off ASAP

If a section of it failed that doesn't mean the system as a whole wasn't working (or didn't exist). Wasn't the pitch relaid last summer, and how do you know FOR A FACT what was and wasn't done at that time?

Still no evidence to support your case, just some people who'd rather assume the worst than stick to the facts. No-one on here actually knows the truth (or will admit it).

A threadbare pitch is hardly a suprise if its a new surface, has had little time to mature and is subject to the usual Scottish wather.

If a section of it failed that doesn't mean the system as a whole wasn't working (or didn't exist). Wasn't the pitch relaid last summer, and how do you know FOR A FACT what was and wasn't done at that time?

Still no evidence to support your case, just some people who'd rather assume the worst than stick to the facts. No-one on here actually knows the truth (or will admit it).

A threadbare pitch is hardly a suprise if its a new surface, has had little time to mature and is subject to the usual Scottish wather.

People on here unfortunately know more than you appear to be giving them credit.

From what I've gathered by people who are regulars on this site and the previous one.

The pitch was relaid - that's all that was done (it would appear)

The system didn't fail - well mibbez it did fail - but mibbez it failed because it was damaged in the winter last year when we spiked through the clay layer (allegedly)

many posters (on the previous site) live near the ground or passed by at various times. Work did not commence til very late into the close season and although no one can be 100% sure what actually did happen - many support the view that only the top surface was relaid. When something altogether more substantial was promised by the chairman.

The work to sort out the drainage and remove the clay layer as well as repair the punctured sections of the USH (after spiking) didn't appear to happen as it would have taken far longer to complete and would have required much deeper excavation than just the top surface.

The club have had ample opportunity since the close season to answer a very simple question and have refused at every turn to be drawn.

To say that no-one here knows the truth is also wrong.

There are some on here that do know, plus the club know exactly - it's just that they haven't entered the debate or answered a simple question yet.

The pitch is worse than it should be - because we're also training on it!

btw - This is very easily cleared up. Once again, Mr Boyle, what work was carried out on our playing surface during the close season?

The pitch was relaid - that's all that was done (it would appear)

Only section relaid of any note was the goalmouths and in front of the East Stand at its southern end, a little less that quarter of the pitch. This was done mid season when the decision was taken to shut the ground. There is a difference to replacing the turf and re-seeding...

Only section relaid of any note was the goalmouths and in front of the East Stand at its southern end, a little less that quarter of the pitch. This was done mid season when the decision was taken to shut the ground. There is a difference to replacing the turf and re-seeding...

Thats the way I saw it as well... More or less a patch up job rather than the JB promise of a new super dupper playing surface.

Tell you what if Scott Burns in todays Express doesn't have any proof then the club could take him to court for a damaging statement to the effect that we have indeed no working USH and full knowledge of that fact. Just like some of us have been saying but some won't believe it. We damaged the USH pipes to drain the water away last winter, Boyle has reneged on his promise to fix it during the summer, instead we have chosen to cross fingers and toes that we didn't get caught by a severe winter. Backfired badly and let off lightly, time to quit with the penny pinching and do what was promised.

The sad thing is our chances of getting a decent league position are badly affected due to our own penny pinching as this pitch has affected the way we play and will not improve for the rest of the season.

Thats my main gripe about all of this.

By side stepping the problem we have created a much bigger one.

We didn't even relay the whole pitch, it was a total patch up job!

Edit: Just noticed this has already been noted!

Any link to the article Fatcalf?

Nope but here's the main bit.

In this day and age it is unacceptable {the state of the pitch} and Boyle only has himself to blame for his penny pinching ways.

Boyle knew there were problems with the pitch last season when they groundshared with Gretna. They had to burst the piping of the undersoil heating to get the pitch drained last term and, instead of repairing that in the summer, they just left it and relaid the pitch.

Maybe he didn't want to invest the money because he thought their move to Ravenscraig was closer than it actually is.

Whatever, Boyle is guilty of neglect and would be as well asking to groundshare for the next couple of months.

Now that sounds very much like what's already been said, difference is he can be sued if he's wrong so I doubt he's going to go with that wording without proof to back it up.