Fined For Postponed Game

thewhitepele

Totally agree. I would be shocked if we have no undersoil heating that works. I would be shocked if we fixed the part we broke, but I would be shocked if the lot of it was out of order. Especially when we have been fined only £20K

Sometimes I wonder whether Journos do make sure everything is 100% correct (see all the rumours etc that lead to nothing) but it also means if Motherwell don't react by suing him then it doesn't necessary mean the journo is correct.

Does the SPL go by the Freedom of Information Act?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club appear to have been found out big time. The press appear to have at long last cottoned on to Motherwell's not so cunning plan of playing Russian Roulette with the Scottish weather. I'm afraid there can be only one winner in that scenario.

At least we should have a decent pitch next season :lol: or will Motherwell's stupidity kick in once again. I await John Boyle's response to this whole sordid affair. :rolleyes:

He is on holiday, or is he back, Do we have USH or don't we? I would love him to come out and go on record and say during the close season we ripped up the park, we fixed the USH we relaid the park, but then again carlsberg dosn't do Boyle and it was all a load of shite and it's now biting him and us on the arse.

Yeah I thought that initially but whilst on here most can get away with any old shite, in his position he would need to be sure before putting it in print, No?
I take it you don't read many newspapers if you think their daily output is full of fact. The dross that is served up (especially in the tabloids) is written on the premise that most clubs don't have the time, money or inclination to sue for every untrue "fact". I guarantee I could scan through 3 or 4 papers today and find a factual inaccuracy in every sports page.

No I don't weeyin, becuase of that very fact but in this instance I'm not doubting the accuracy cos I know it's true. I just doubt very much that he would cut and paste from here without having some other basis.

Why not? Journalists have done it before and no doubt, will do again!

Not remember Keith Jackson's EXCLUSIVE of the new Celtic top that he pulled from a messageboard and put on the back of the Record? Turned out it was some boy handy with Photoshop.

On a slightly related note, I noticed passing the Accies stadium today that they have covers down on the touchline where their USH failed prior to the Aberdeen game.

Are they also failing to adhere to the SPL rules about pitch protection?

Only section relaid of any note was the goalmouths and in front of the East Stand at its southern end, a little less that quarter of the pitch. This was done mid season when the decision was taken to shut the ground. There is a difference to replacing the turf and re-seeding...

I love how we've all turned into amatuer gardeners on here. Yes there is a difference to replacing turf and re-seeding but the end result is still the same - grass. The only issue I have with the replacing/re-seeding is that Boyle should live up to what he promised.

I very much doubt that an USH pipe burst. If I remember correct the club had to burst a layer of hardened clay which had been cooked by the USH heating and had moulded its way round the pipes. If there was a burst pipe then the pitch would be continually waterlogged with the USH bleeding water all the time. I think the issue is more along the lines that the USH isn't working to full capacity. By the time the club sorted it out last winter, we'd already experienced the worst of the winter weather. The club have promised to sort this issue out in the summer and the threat of future fines, not to mention the damage its done to our playing stlye has to be reason enough for them to finally act.

I love how we've all turned into amatuer gardeners on here. Yes there is a difference to replacing turf and re-seeding but the end result is still the same - grass. The only issue I have with the replacing/re-seeding is that Boyle should live up to what he promised.

:D Eh? Don't have to be anything of the sort to get to the root (no pun intended) of the problems experienced at Fir Park...

I very much doubt that an USH pipe burst. If I remember correct the club had to burst a layer of hardened clay which had been cooked by the USH heating and had moulded its way round the pipes. If there was a burst pipe then the pitch would be continually waterlogged with the USH bleeding water all the time. I think the issue is more along the lines that the USH isn't working to full capacity. By the time the club sorted it out last winter, we'd already experienced the worst of the winter weather. The club have promised to sort this issue out in the summer and the threat of future fines, not to mention the damage its done to our playing stlye has to be reason enough for them to finally act.

I'm not an amateur gardener or a plumber. But I know water only leaks out of the pipes when they're initially burst (last spring when they were spiked along withn the clay layer) and subsequently when water's forced through it. If it was leaky / holy when we tried it for the hearts game it would have bled outwards from the pipe and froze and caused hard spots round the leaky parts (which sounds quite like what happened round the time of the hearts game does it not)

Not working to full capacity = canny run water through it!

And I love how some fans try and spin the story for whatever reason, all it does it put more misinformation out there

Club officials admitted the USH pipes were burst during the verti-draining, remember we had another match off after that happened due to water rising back up.

The club also made promises on live national radio last year that they would have the best playing surface in the league this season,

Everything was to get ripped up and repaired correctly not just re-seeding, what did happen?

Some people at the club seem to want to continually pull the wool over fans eyes.

If the club had done what was required and there was a system breakdown, then it would have been an unfortunate incident.

As it was, it was blatent mismanagement for whatever the reason

and you know what nobody will ever answer for it as it's their baw'

the decision not to do the work is nearly as bad as giving Nevin a blank cheque book, look at what its costing us week in week out. Truly shocking